Kills diabetes.Diabetes kills.

DiabetesForo's profile photo   07/19/2013 5:34 a.m.

I am deeply hurt by what happened.
They recommended me once I did not say that I had diabetes to hire me in the same workplace in which my uncle was, and no, I ignored and therefore did not contract me;I had no idea what labor discrimination was and that it is illegal and I swallowed it for me but it has happened to me several times.
If we are supposed to have disabilities, why do they treat us as such? And if it is true that a job is going badly for the disease, why don't they give us a disability certificate only with diabetes?
Is there or not a legal vacuum in which we find the diabetics? I think so.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
07/31/2013 7:50 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If there is discrimination, the same that happens to women, especially those who have "risk" of becoming pregnant, theoretically it is not legal, and it is also not very ethical and moral, however, reality is something different, and much moreraw, discrimination exists, and happens at the level of sexes, races, age, and so many others ... one more on the list, health conditions, very few people are willing to hire people with chronic disease problems, it isSo.: |

In our case, I have it clear, better not to say anything, just like when I have to do the review to renew the driving license, once, when I had already overcome all the tests, and they were writing the report with all OK, I wasIt happened to me to comment that it was diabetic ... Result ... to pass reviews 1 time a year, instead of every 10 ... So the following year, I said anything, and ready, I have 10 again for the next renewal.

These things are like that, reality (legislation, interests, companies) goes on the one hand, while the theory of how things should be for another very different, is sad, but it is so.:(

flanders's profile photo
flanders
07/31/2013 8:02 a.m.

I'm sorry, but that phrase of "this is so" I do not share it, moreover, I do not support it, so I denounce the treatment they give us the diabetics daily in many places, and if we all do the same may the same may changeI think.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
08/06/2013 7:06 a.m.

I took all the steps to take 33% invalidated.I think we really have an disability and that they say that recognizing it makes us "sick" is nonsense because we are already sick, no matter how much we decorate it with beautiful words.

When I requested the disability, I had a chronic urticaria.From time to time I swelled, but I didn't prevent me from doing anything ... well I was a little shame out of home, because my face swollen a lot, but I didn't have to go to the emergency room or anything.Antihistamines and to wait.To the fine they gave me 13% that serves me at all, and 10 of the point was for the urticaria ...

I think society does not know what diabetes is.For work it is a problem, and only the doctor's consultations (3-4 visits to the endocrine, plus an eye fund, plus the analysis ... If you add all hours, there are more than 2 days that are missing from the work.. 10% of the holidays, which is already fine) during pregnancy, in the first quarter it did not give foot with a ball, for hypoglycemia, I did not give up anything at work ... but nobody proposes to take the low, II imagine the face of the header if I had asked for it and I think that at that time they should have granted it, but it was not an option ...

tica's profile photo
tica
08/06/2013 7:36 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Of course, society does not know our disease, or better, they know it for what they want and for other things.I know, they have rejected me in several jobs to tell the truth when they asked me, and they also threw me not to say it when they learned what I had.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
08/07/2013 6:48 a.m.

AJD, I'm with you.
Greetings to all who are part of this forum, I am new here and, I want to participate, especially in this issue as complicated as diabetes and work.15 years I have been "resisting" and I hope to continue doing, at 3 years I found out my company of my sweetness, when I had already achieved an indefinite contract, from there I have a book.

solocotrompo's profile photo
solocotrompo
08/07/2013 2:27 p.m.

Welcome to the SolocoTrompo Forum!

fer's profile photo
fer
08/07/2013 3:23 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Well seen what was seen, I have been very lucky in my working life ... now that they have put the bomb and I have to go to the hospital every week, they don't put me in, moreover, they ask me how I am going to ... II've always told my colleagues that I have diabetes ... I prefer that something happens to me ... I don't know ... although I have a partner, who has been working together for 3 years and does not mean ...He told me a couple of months ago ... I suppose that the fact of saying it or not, is the function of the experience that each one has had ...

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
08/07/2013 4:15 p.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

I'm glad they treat you as it should be that neither more nor less than that is requested, a little respect, but now with the crisis it is much worse.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
08/08/2013 7:10 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.