Burning fat

mimbek's profile photo   07/24/2013 8:31 a.m.

I understand that when exercising, the body uses glucose as energy the first 30 minutes ... once it ends up begins to burn fat.In the case of diabetics, if every half hour we have to eat something so that sugar does not get off ... Fat still burns equally?

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
07/24/2013 8:31 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The metabolic process during the practice of a physical activity is basically the same, and depends on the level of effort that you exempt to your body.Depending on that level of effort and the duration of sports activity, energy consumption in the body will change.Hence the importance of practicing sports with a pulsometer to effectively monitor and control our effort and consequently, know what we will be consuming and what goal we want to achieve.

As for the burning of fat you ask in your question, it occurs when the body sees that physical activity is extended over time.It is your method of saving.The body always looks for ways to save more energy.And when you do a medium-low intensity sport for a long time, the body seeks the energy of its fat tank.If your goal is that, fat burning, it occurs when you do a sport at a level of effort that is usually around 60-70% of your maximum heart rate, and provided that this effort is extended in time as much as possible, being at least one hour.For example, taking a walk of more than an hour at a good pace (eye, without stopping in windows).

I hope I could solve your question a bit.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
07/24/2013 8:36 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Thank you very much, you have explained very well.

I do not know why I had taken the idea that a diabetic would cost more to lose fat because it is "filling" glucose, but you have already clarified it!Thank you!;)

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
07/24/2013 9:02 a.m.

We have the metabolism of altered glucose, but the processes of burning of fat, collection of glucose by the liver-musculus and conversion of glucose into fatty acids of reserve we have perfectly operational.You just have to know what we want to achieve with our sport and based on that, know if we will need HC contribution before or during effort and how to learn how our blood glucose evolves depending on the level of intensity and time that our sports activity has.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
07/24/2013 9:15 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

With this explanation, you have already nailed it!hahaha Thanks !!:)

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
07/24/2013 12:13 p.m.

Hello, how are you, forgive my lack of understanding all this that you have said, it sounds to me but does not nail the concepts, I understand that the burning of fat would be at a temporary level and intensity?
I tell you what I usually do in the Gym and please if I do something wrong or change something, please tell me ...
The idea is to arrive, do 10 minutes of heating (heart rate 130-140 ppm)
Then make a weight circuit/toning
and end about 40 minimum elliptical minutes (heart rate 130-140 ppm)
Is well raised? What would you change ...
I am 40 years old 168 and I would like to lose about 4 kilos now in 72k
Thank you so much

hades40's profile photo
hades40
10/30/2013 8:18 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.