Diabetes and eyes

fer's profile photo   07/25/2013 8:25 a.m.

Diabetes can affect many aspects of the body, for example the heart or kidneys, blood circulation and even eyes.In fact, the diabetic disease of the eye has increased by 89 percent between 2000 and 2010 and is the main cause of blindness among American adults.

In spite of this, the attention of the vision is often overlooked by people with diabetes and do not find out other problems that this disease can cause.

According to a survey conducted by the American Optometry Association, 55 percent of people are not aware that the diabetic disease of the eye frequently does not have visible signs or symptoms.

In addition, 44 percent of Americans do not know that a person with diabetes should take a complete view of the view once a year, including a view of the view.

However, these exams are the only way to diagnose serious eye diseases associated with diabetes in its early phase.Ocular retinal exams are fundamental for early detection and treatment of these degenerative eye diseases, which often begin without prior notice.

The longer a person has diabetes, the greater their risk of eyes diseases.Over time, diabetes can cause damage to blood vessels in the back of the eye, known as diabetic retinopathy, which can lead to diabetic ocular edema This occurs when damaged blood vessels let it escape liquid and cause inflammation.Although the symptoms are not always present, this inflammation can cause blurred vision, double vision and vision spots, which can appear as small black points or "floating" lines in the front of the eye.

Here some links related to the subject:

Diabetic Retinopathy - Diabetes Questions • Diabetes Forum
Hello everyone, yesterday I am diabatic 20 years ago, I am currently 32 years old, yesterday for the first time I was diagnosed in my Diabatic Retinopathy Health Center, ...
Link
Almost a year ago I was diagnosed with diabetic retinopathy, in the last revision the ophthalmology told me that it was better to wait before the focal laser, but ...
Link
Diabetic retinopathy.... someone who has suffered "weak" diabetic retinopathy felt something in his eyes before being diagnosed.I've been a season that ...
Link
Diabetic retinopathy, an awkward reality - News about ...
One of the central themes is diabetic retinopathy, although the application of microcirgery chemotherapy will also be treated in the treatment of ...
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
07/25/2013 8:25 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

It is curious to read these things and then a video on Twitter comes out saying that diabetes is no disease if not a life condition.

I think the criticized video of the black smoke seems closer to reality that is destroying you inside.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
07/26/2013 3:27 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

If I remember correctly, in the series, the black smoke represented life itself, and took those who had died in reality, since the time on the island was frozen ...

To what I am going, that it can be related to a disease, as well as to life in general, or aging ... it is already known that the only insurance is death, which is not so necessary, is dramatizing with the subject, or generate restlessness and discomfort.

I still do not see the goal of the video, or in which it helps, it seems to me rather the opposite.

fer's profile photo
fer
07/26/2013 3:47 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Well, help to see reality, do you think little?

Most people do not read the scientific and medical news like this one that you have put and have a false vision of the dangers of diabetes and it is thought that with being insulin, everything is arranged.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
07/26/2013 4:07 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Surely you are right in that there is a lack of knowledge about diabetes, it is one of the reasons why this forum exists, make diabetes more understandable and close.

On reality, as always, that depends on the prism that is used, I do not believe in absolute truths, each person has their own experience and perceives reality in their own way, could give you thousands of examples about this.

All people are free to express their opinions, provided that minimal standards are respected.

fer's profile photo
fer
07/26/2013 4:21 a.m.

Sherpa 41 I think you are right about what they say it is not a disease that is a condition of life, I didn't really seem like me, but the other video I think is very cruel, I think it's okay to teachThe realization but not a video that is destroying each part of your body, because it seems totally horrible to me, it is true that people who do not have diabetes have no idea what this disease entails and the problems it brings,But those who have it if we know it and it is not necessary to tell us things that way (it is my opinion) the only thing I think this video is to be afraid of people
I hurt any part of the body and I am already shit in case it could be a neuropathy, I operated on the eyes recently for fear of not being able to enjoy my eyes in the future and living with fear is the worst thing there may be.Let us tell us clear things if it seems good to me but in this cruel way noo ... it is just my opinion.
all the best

campanilla's profile photo
campanilla
07/26/2013 8:17 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.