My bomb has gone crazy

Via's profile photo   07/26/2013 1:43 p.m.

Good afternoon friends.

This noon, when he scheduled the bolus for food, wanting to put the CH, he has begun to mark without control;When it reached 10 rations, it immediately returned to zero and thus continuously, making or 10 to 10 loops.

I have called Medtronic to communicate it and they have told me that the upper button has been blocked and that it did not use it and return to the ball guidelines.

Friday, weekend.I have called the hospital where they take me and there was no end of guard, I also live 60 km from the hospital.
I don't remember how IUs were calculated regarding the rations!
I have saved the food, putting a fast amount, but I will have to put on a dose of slow tonight, and since I have very bad experiences with it, because they caused me many hypos during the night, I am well worried.

In Medtronic, they have said they will try to send me a replacement bomb as soon as possible, maybe tomorrow.

I hope that in International Medtronic, they will help me configure it (you know how difficult it is sometimes understood with some Hispanics who attend during the hours that Madrid offices are closed).
And think that this morning I was in hospital to make me an analytical, Grrr!

Did anyone happen a fault with the similar bomb?

Via's profile photo
Via
07/26/2013 1:43 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Vía, Rebienvenida !!!
Angela has spoiled the bomb 2 times.The first one Holy Thursday (horror) and the second one Friday night (Murphy's law) ... fortunately we did not have to use the slow bolis because on the first occasion the hospital gave us one that they had there of evidence andIn the second my husband put Angela's (which worked halfway) and Angela's, until Medtronic sent us the new ...
You will have to put on the amount of lantus you have scheduled in the pump.Normal mind when you put the pump schedule it with a % less basal than you use with boli, but come on, I would put the one that indicates the pump.And then the bolus as you are putting them with the pump ... if you have programmed at the Wizard get into the configuration and look how many units you are putting by ration and calculates the units a little taking into account the sensitivity factor and alreadythis.Keep in mind that you are going to be two or three days with some lack of control, I guess on Tuesday you will have the bomb at home.And to schedule it, I would return the current one to return all the parameters (basal, ratios, patterns) on paper that data would put them in the new one.
These days try to make more often hair controls to avoid "scares"

Luck!!!

Velia's profile photo
Velia
07/27/2013 9:01 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.