Hide diabetes for labor discrimination.

Brian_Escaleritas's profile photo   07/09/2011 11:46 p.m.

Hello everyone, my name is Brian and I suffer from type 1 diabetes since August 2009 almost 2 years ago and it seems that it was an eternity.
I have been wanting to enter the police body for a long time doing my electromechanical studies, which I love too, but not for a lifetime, I see it more like a hobby and of course my surprise was the debut in diabetes to the diabetes to the18 years when I was already beginning to see that dream reality, but the world came to me when they told me that it was a cause for exclusion in medical tests which seems to me a dysrimination.
After continuing to study for two more years, today at my 20 years I have considered fighting for what I want and I will do my best to get my job inside the police body.
I would like to know if there is any way that my disease comes to light even if I have the perfect glycemia levels and pass medical tests without any impediment, I would like to know if there is any report, something that can be informed of my illness, ¿Is it invisible?I need to know since my future depends on this and the truth seems shameful to me the labor discrimination that diabetics suffers and that although they are the ones who are wrong simply by lack of information on this issue, we are the ones who have to hide and hideOur diabetes endangering our own health, when with good control we can do what we propose and lead a life as a normal and even healthier person.

Thank you very much for your help, greetings.

Brian_Escaleritas's profile photo
Brian_Escaleritas
07/09/2011 11:46 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yes, the C. peptide
The C peptide is segregated in proportion of 1 to 1 with respect to insulin.That is, if the body produces 10 of insulin, the body produces 10 of Pepid C.
If in an analytics the C peptide is below the normal limits is that either there are diabetes or there is an error in the analytics.
The exogenous insulin, the one that clicks, does not raise the levels of body peptide of the body.

I do not know the depth of the analytics they perform in the police, but I imagine that they will be complete and will seek to check anything, including diabetes.

It is unfair, but today is what there is.

Other similar examples:

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/10/2011 5:53 a.m.

Thank you very much for answering Owash, so I have nothing to do?Is there no way?I think I'm going to try, because I don't, I already have it, I will start with my endocrine and looking for a case just like mine to know if someone has achieved it and about medical reports, do I put somewhere that I am diabetic?I suppose yes since social security pays the treatment but I'm not sure, thanks.

Brian_Escaleritas
07/10/2011 1:32 p.m.

However unjust the situation I would not look for three feet to the cat, to have diabetes is a cause for exclusion to enter the State Security bodies and forces (I do not know if in all but it is in some).

I do not know anyone who has tried to have diabetes but if I know a case of someone who after entering the diabetes of type 1 appeared, so he told me in his case after the diagnosis were looking for an administrative or similar position but those thosePosts are very few and are limited.

Some threads of the forum related to this topic:
Link
Link
Link

Greetings.

DiabetesForo
07/10/2011 1:52 p.m.

My endocrine told me the case of a boy who, being at the Academy of Ávila, debuted and managed to hide his diabetes.In any case, if you can't be the poli, you always have the SVA (customs surveillance).It is a very cool body, although they take very little squares (the year they take them out).

Much encouragement and tell us your progress.

DiabetesForo
07/10/2011 2:47 p.m.

Thank you all for your real aid.
I am going to sit and look what options and exits I have although I have not gone well about the police body I know that I will get something that I like I think it is time to consider the engineering career, thank you very much for your support and I hope to help you inSomething from now on.Greetings

Brian_Escaleritas
07/10/2011 11:22 p.m.

A diabetic friend is now doing the courses or I don't know that to enter Prosegur as a vigilant guard.I will ask him to see if he knows anything, or they have told him something.
What I can tell you, as an anecdote, that it gave me a low in the work, and they took care not to let me drive, or to upload heights in a long time, more for fear and ignorance than for other reasons,But the true is that I bother something the situation and that they would take away from my electromechanical task normally and everything that the new situation entails, that they put another in my position and left me for cupcils.Anyway, thankfully we are special, but it would be a disgust of life.Salutres

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
07/11/2011 5:20 p.m.

The police opposition does not end after the medical recognition, then you must spend the 9 months of training and the practices, I suppose that all that you will already know, but it is already hiding it too long and having control of not suffering any complication as a wayof hypoglycemia.With which at the time the hare jumps they will repeat tests and if they give it, you already have the doors open.There are other bodies that depending on the place are more flexible.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
08/08/2015 7:34 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

In medical awards to work the C Peptide is very strange to ask.I was hiding it 8 years and spending all medical recognitions in a large national company.They did not hire people who could cause problems for them.Always since debut I have had good controls.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/09/2015 3:35 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I have not said it at work either and I have 10 in the same place

Gala's profile photo
Gala
08/09/2015 5:17 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

With my comment I do not want to say that you say it, as I have said in mine I have not said or I will say it for the moment.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
08/09/2015 7:19 p.m.

hbA1c= 5,4

In my work I had been debuting for 6 years and if I told it, I am alone with my boss and there is a close treatment.But if one day I change I am sure that I will not say or mu.Because at least now, you don't notice ... because I can have a bad day but a healthy person too.And I don't want anyone to think that I can't, just have diabetes, which is what happens to them.I can, and even better than many without diabetes.I encourage and hope you find a position that you like.

pochola's profile photo
pochola
08/10/2015 5:13 p.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

I prefer not to say it because they interpret it as a weakness and the treatment begins to be different, I still think that I would not benefit me, I am sorry to see it so negatively but today that people go with a knife between their teeth, notI risk that people could use it as something to hurt me or as an easy excuse to attack.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
08/11/2015 3:04 p.m.

hbA1c= 5,4

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.