Javier Villegas, athletics and diabetes, is viable.

fer's profile photo   07/30/2013 11:30 a.m.

Javier Villegas, Athlete of the Murcia Ca, this Murcian lives with this disease since the beginning of his stage in athletics as federated and since then, with good care and responsibility in the controls, there is no finish line that resists him.

Fight against the 'chrono' in each competition since at age 17 he was detected that he was diabetic of type 1. This degree in Physical Education at the UCAM and Athlete of the CA Murcia demonstrates in each test his eagerness for overcoming and passion for sport.

Just when he started his first year as a federated athlete, a few days after the start of the outdoor season, during a routine control they detected diabetes: «It was my beginning and Carrillo trained, they made an analysis to monitor the levels of anemiaand iron, but the glucose level appeared altered.A few days later I went to the doctor and the result was the same again ».But far from stop competing in his first year, shortly after detecting the disease, Villegas returned to his daily routine "thanks to the support of my friends and my family to the next week, I was already training again."

This has not been an impediment for this Murcian athlete to continue competing to the highest level, since it trains like the one that for several days a week: «I train, approximately six days a week, but there are also times that I do not stop and II prepare throughout the full week ».The only thing that varies in athletes with this diagnosis is care with food and in controlling glucose levels before starting tests or training: «It is quite different from other athletes because I have to take some glucose, I do it three times.Before training at breakfast, when I get to the track and before heating ».

In the world of sport there are more and more examples such as that of this Murcian athlete that compete at the highest level without diabetes taking away their dream to compete and achieve the marked objectives.Javier Villegas knows several examples of this disease in "several cyclists", in fact there is a cycling team composed only of diabetics.The American Team Novo Nordisk, in all his runners they are diabetics of type 1.

The desire to practice sports have not decreased in this Murcian athAnd that, as in his case, they diagnose this disease that there is no combination problem, since "being responsible with regular control, in addition to optimistic and positive everything can be carried out."

fer's profile photo
fer
07/30/2013 11:30 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I would change the "viable" adjective for "advisable."To do sports together with the care of food and insulin are fundamental at a good level of glycosilada and therefore of diabetes.

If it weren't because I run 3 or 4 days a week, the disease would not get so well.I have been injured without being able to run from September until recently and it has been noticed, what if it has been noticed.

I encourage all those who do not practice any sport to start, with the sport you like the most

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/01/2013 8:03 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Joseludi,

You are right, it is totally advisable! Although when it is advised, it is normally thought to perform soft or moderate exercise, the case of Javier Villegas is of greater demand, it is still advisable, but it requires better control and monitoring, and I think it is not simple, although possible!;)

Here are some messages from people who also do sports 3 or 4 times per week, and that have encountered some problems to control diabetes, there are also good advice!

Link
Link
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
08/02/2013 5:43 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I also attach the thirst guide on diabetes and exercise, are about 120 pages with complete information.

fer's profile photo
fer
08/02/2013 5:50 a.m.

Fer said:
also attached the SED guide on diabetes and exercise, are about 120 pages with complete information.

You can't download the PDF.Thanks for the links

I totally agree with you.Sport and moderate exercise is always better.Aspiring more, in addition to being more complicated for a diabetic person, is to have more risks of suffering or non -diabetic injuries.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/02/2013 6:01 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.