I am the mother of two children with diabetes and new here

aurora's profile photo   07/18/2011 5:32 a.m.

Hello everyone!
My name is Aurora and I have two children, the oldest with 17 years and his brother with 16, both with diabetes.They debuted at the same time just over 4 years ago.All chance and a strong blow at that time.
On Friday we lived a hard time, since my daughter had an important hypoglycemia that led me to provide her glucagon and take her with the ambulance to the hospital.Everything has remained in a scare, but we are hit of everything that happened, especially his brother.
I would like to be able to share my experiences with you who surely understand me perfectly.
Thanks and a kiss.

aurora's profile photo
aurora
07/18/2011 5:32 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello Aurora
Welcome to the forum.

He knew about the existence of families whose 2 children had diabetes, but not that they had debuted together: shock:

As for the event of Friday, the only thing left is to analyze why it happened and learn for the future.

Stop for the rest of the forum and participate wherever.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/18/2011 11:26 a.m.

Hello, Aurora.

I am the mother of a diabetic girl of the same age as your daughter, 17 years old, although my daughter debuted nine.
He has had many, too many, episodes like the one you have.A lot of lack of control, treatment changes, endocrine, everything.
Now he has an insulin bomb, and a few days ago he has changed Endo again (this time for change of residence) and I think we finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.He has been with good glycemia for several days.

What treatment your children carry?Tell us where you are, how do diabetes carry, etc.And, of course, raise all doubts or experiences, which we all learn from everyone.

There is also a thread of parents, for everything related to diabetic children.

Welcome home.

DiabetesForo
07/18/2011 5:25 p.m.

Alea, thanks for your words.

We are from Alicante.

The endocrine that leads to my children is wonderful, in addition, no one better than him to understand the situation of a person with diabetes, because he is too.

My children carry insulin bomb years and a half ago and they are doing very well, it provides them with more flexibility and better control in both high and low glycemia, in addition to having less hypoglycemia.

In summer they take it off and return to alternative treatment, that is, punctuate, novorapid for meals and Lantus at night.The fact is that as they are teenagers, they want to go to the beach, and not have to be pending to disconnect from the bomb, etc.My daughter also for aesthetic issue.I think this will not worry in a few years, because they say the bomb is better.

This last year I have divorced and I am trying to stay positive and happy, but since the episode of hypoglycemia I came a bit down.I do not want to be afraid, or that this is a step back, because I have always thought that my children have to do everything that is proposed, travel, leave, etc.Always responsible for your diabetes.

Anyway, I just want to think that this is to learn a little more.

Thank you and we will continue fighting.

aurora's profile photo
aurora
07/20/2011 5:28 a.m.

You are doing everything very well Aurora.Do not let a bad step ruin everything you have achieved until now, which is a lot.Cheer up !.

DiabetesForo
07/20/2011 10:37 a.m.

Hi Roa!
Thank you for those words of mind, you don't know how good they come to me and the important ones that with me.
By the way, my daughter is going to spend a few days to a friend's house.She is very excited.I am happy for her, I will not deny that I am afraid, but I encourage it and I do not stop insisting that the necessary controls are done.
Actually what I want is for my children to be happy and have luck in life.It's not little right?
Roa, forgive my ignorance, is your name feminine or masculine?I was going to ask you if you are a father/mother of a child with diabetes.
I hope to keep knowing something more about you.
Kisses!

aurora's profile photo
aurora
07/20/2011 5:33 p.m.

I am a diabetic woman and without children.There are many parents and moms who can guide you very well, ask what you want.

DiabetesForo
07/20/2011 5:50 p.m.

Hello again Roa!
I am sure that you also help me.
Thank you all and I still have aware of the comments, which always come very well.

aurora's profile photo
aurora
07/22/2011 5:50 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.