When will social security continuous meters cover?

tica's profile photo   08/06/2013 4:33 a.m.

In other countries this type of device for diabetes control is being generalized.And as much as the measurement of them cannot be taken into account to make decisions, the truth is that many strips are saved and quality of life is gained.You may not subsidize the sensors for every day of the year, but that every couple of months can take it for a few weeks to adjust basal ...

Does anyone know if we are still very far from subsidizing?I have the Dexcom Seven and think about spending 1000 and peak euros again to update it to the newand not make them compatible with the old receiver ...

tica's profile photo
tica
08/06/2013 4:33 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

I am pessimistic about it.The current economic situation is added on the one hand, which makes me finance that today is simply impossible.And on the other, that there is still not enough evidence of support or studies of cost-benefit feasibility that allow to convince those who govern our health that financing sensors can be bearable how to finance strips.
I see that distant moment today.
The bad thing is that in the meantime, the companies that now manufacture these devices live in some cases (Dexcom) with their uncertain survival and in some others (Medtronic) simply place their few devices sold to public health systems for clinical trials or use,or to four wealthy (very wealthy) patients who can support the incredible expenses required by these devices, which do not fall in price because there is no sale.And if there is no sale, the costs do not lower.Vicious circle....

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
08/06/2013 6:11 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

When we live in the country of the lollipops.

Seriously, if I think I do not subsidize it in the richest countries, as they are going to do it in a country in Bacarrota and Free Fall like Spain.

The most serious question would be.When do you calculate that they stop subsidizing the strips also to type1, in 2014 or in 2015?

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
08/06/2013 9:24 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

In Germany it is subsidized

tica's profile photo
tica
08/06/2013 9:48 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

No tica, in Germany, as a rule is not subsidized.Some pregnant women, some chrios and the occasional patient who has taken his insurer to the courts.It is said, I do not know anyone, that they have reached agreements with the insurer in which the patient buys the meter and the company loads with the sensors that can be paid with the costs of the 400 strips per quarter to which we are entitled.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/06/2013 2:03 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

A certain commercial of a certain continuous meter brand told me the same thing that Haribita says, but in Spain.
No idea if I sold my motorcycle or it was true.

From what I know, in Spain there are some certain cases in which it is financed.
Specifically those of labile diabetes.
Obviously very minority.

Keep in mind that the reactive strips, neither the needles nor the bombs are products under the direct umbrella of the ministry (selection, pricing, evaluation ...)
All pharmaceutical products and medications pass through the ministry ring.
Our products do not ... And so it goes.

In Valencia we already pay 10% of the reactive strips.
The "normal" thing is that the copayment extends.
It extends throughout Spain and extends to all products (needles, strips, bombs ...) regardless of where they are dispensed (pharmacies vs. health/hospitals).
Laws have already modified to do that.

DiabetesForo
08/06/2013 2:19 p.m.

A few days ago, I read here that you have to pay the strips?
At the moment they give them to me in the ambulatory without fights.They give me rationed but I don't have to pay anything ... to see if I'm going to have to go to the idea that this is over ...
On the other hand, a couple of weeks ago they put the bomb and the infermera told me that we would look at the subject of the sensor a little later, and interpret that they would do it like the pump, but it gives me the feeling that here, whoHe has it is because he paid it from his pocket, is it like that?:(

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
08/06/2013 3:38 p.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

Harabita I thought yes.I consult it with the Dexcom distributor and an insurer and they told me that it had to analyze it but they got more and more ... you have left me: -o

tica's profile photo
tica
08/06/2013 4:26 p.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

They told me that for a future pregnancy I would have it ... and in my second pregnancy they did not leave it to try and I requested it.The only thing I got is that they gave me 600 strips to the quarter for pregnancy.If private insurers do it differently ... the AOK does not pay them.

DiabetesForo
08/06/2013 5:02 p.m.

I think it went to the AOK where I asked, to a public ... well you will be more aware and now I don't care jiji, but I hope they covered it ... Let's see if Spain was copied ...

tica's profile photo
tica
08/06/2013 6:05 p.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Well, I don't know, but it gives me that those of the SS do not know how, and if I leave the Dexcom, I will spend more).Wouldn't it be better for the sensors to pay me, which are cheaper, since they would come out at 180 euros per month, 360 the box for 2 months which is what makes me each?Well nothing ... if they knew how to add ... we would all win!
The device and transmitters would be willing to pay me in my pocket (I shouldn't ... but I can assume it, I assume it ... simply invest in me, instead of in strips, in sensors, the same amount, ormore or less).

I is that without Dexcom you do not live.I have never met my diabetes or got along with her (rather badly), and with the Dexcom, it shows me that it is not necessary (or at least, at the level of 30 years ago that I believe is as it continues to be transmitted).It is simply more expensive (than with the numbers in the hand, it is even cheaper when it stops needing many strips if it is labil), but that is another issue, right?I like to live well like any other person, and you can.Social security should take charge, I suppose it will be a matter of time.I would like to know lawyers in the subject, and to what extent the most appropriate treatment for our disease can be demanded, and that in cases, the Dexcom (mine) demands.
I do not understand that a person is paid 6000 euros for a bomb ... and the sensors do not pay me (yes, they pay more in strips ...).I do not want a bomb ... I want to spend less and that the SS saves, in the short term -tars- and in the long term, health problems that I will delay.And on top of that, it has a reasonable quality of life.Without dexcom, in my case, or life, or anything (neither I nor those around me, who noticed the change from the first day), I am already a person.

I do not know until when we will have to wait, I hope it is not much ... but I think there are many interests in between (those of the strips must be drawing reports trying to throw the dexcom and the like it will not be that they chafen the business... yes, in favor of dogs that detect hypoglycemia)

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
08/10/2013 5:40 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Pabloj2000 the strips buy them at the shopping center and the box is 7 euros, I doubt that the Dexcom sensors could leave them so lowered.

What would be fine is for monitors to subsidize them in some way even if they were not 100% covered that would be a first step.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
08/11/2013 3:03 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Pumps subsidize 100%.Come on, I don't pay a hard ... and keep like this

tica's profile photo
tica
08/11/2013 7 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

As Tica says, the bombs are totally subsidized, at least here the hospital buys them or rather the "rent" to Medtronic for a time, 4 or 5 years that is the time that the bomb lasts, then they are changed.I do not pay a euro, of the bomb or of the consumables.

DiabetesForo
08/11/2013 7:30 a.m.

Let's see if the sensors follow the same path as the pumps ...

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
08/12/2013 7:38 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.