1 HC = 10 or 15?Why don't they agree?

farstar's profile photo   08/25/2013 2:34 p.m.

Good, as the subject itself indicates, depends on the country and the diabetes association, one thing or another is said.

In Spain I think they do not agree, some associations say 10, in another 15.

In Germany for example, there are 15 grams of HC for each ration, except the lacteos that are 10 grams.

In America, for example, there are 15 grams.

What are we left?Because something so vital and important is not strict?Some will tell me that it does not matter because it depends on the sensitivity factor, but for me it is important for the issue of resources.For example that a food table whose portions are based on 10g is useful when all my life I thought is 15?

And in my specific case what should I do?I have always assumed that they were 15. And more or less each insulin unit subtracts 50 blood glucose, and I contrast 1 HC ration.If now I assume that there are 10, I will have to adjust everything as if I started again.Although it doesn't matter because what I want to do is simply do it in the right way.

Greetings

farstar's profile photo
farstar
08/25/2013 2:34 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yes, it is a mess, but the important thing is that you adapt it to you and know how insulin affects what your decity as a ration ..
If they put the bomb, they will already give you the most exact indications ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/25/2013 3:39 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.