Carelink USB

kekiya's profile photo   08/04/2011 7:46 a.m.

Hello good!
I wanted to make you a question, maybe a bit absurd, but hey, I haven't had time to inform myself too much.
When the bomb gave me this year, they gave me this USB, which I have not had time to use. I don't know what it is for, and I don't know if it is complicated to use ... if you knew or use it, I would appreciate alittle information.

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
08/04/2011 7:46 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Kekiya:
I use it, it serves to pass the bomb data to a program that is on the medtronic website

Link ... index.html >

This is a link where you can inform and register.

It is very good because it gives you reports about the treatment, glucose data etc.And it is very easy to use, even I use it: Mrgreen:

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/04/2011 8:16 a.m.

I didn't know him.
Can you inform us of the cost and if it is worth it?I guess will be asked for Medtronic, right?Is it worth all Medtronic Bombs models?

Health

DiabetesForo
08/04/2011 1:53 p.m.

They gave me when they put my bomb in my hospital.I have not yet used it, and that is that with these things I am very ducky ... my pump has no data on my glucose figures.Touch ultra, and my bomb is the paradignm I see.
Some time ago, I asked the cable to those of Lifescan to be able to put or download the figures of my meter in a kind of program that came with the cable. I saw it so extremely complicated, that I gave up and never used it again. And I do not know if thisIt is just as complicated, or it is not worth it, since the only thing that will be able to download from my pump are the bowling that I put and the basal that I have programmed or possible changes that I make ...

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
08/04/2011 2:59 p.m.

I use the Carelink program, for me it is very useful.To record the glycemia in the pump you have to use a bomb -compatible meter, the "famous" Bayer's contour link, I think that of Lifescan too, so that they transmit you have to introduce the ID in other devices.Without having a compatible meter you can introduce the glycemia with the "Data capture" option.The best thing is that you call the Technical Assistance phone of Medtronic and tell your doubts, there they will help you.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
08/04/2011 3:22 p.m.

But the only way to store the glycemia in the pump (the only one that I know at the moment) is when you use the Option of Bolo Wizard, which in this pump asks you for measurement and rations of hydrates.They offered me the possibility of changing glucaometer, and they offered me the one that passes the figures to the pump, go, which is compatible!Well, I have a couple of them (one in the car, another always in my bag) and they have always done well, because they use the same strips and have not given me problems. And with that you do not use librettite?"plug" daily to the PC?And the data program is online or not?:?:?My mother ... I look like a grandmother ... I don't find out about new technologies so modern ... hahaha :)) :))

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
08/04/2011 3:37 p.m.

Alea as they have told you with the bomb that Celia carries cannot be used this program, it is only for I see.
Kekiya you can put all the glucose data in data capture but it is best to use the contour link because it is very comfortable that the data passes you directly, as Mornita says the program is very interesting, it helps to see trends, it gives you a lot of information.The program is online, you don't need to download software, just register with a key.

DiabetesForo
08/04/2011 5:20 p.m.

Prado, then in your opinion .... DESOUR THE CHANGE OF GLUCOMETER?Change my One Touch for the Contour Link?
And how often do you use the USB to download pump data?daily?every week?And then the data printed and you show them to your endo?

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
08/05/2011 4:53 a.m.

I was very reluctant to change glucometer, I was very happy with my ultrasmart in Lifescan, also as I had read the bad experiences with the contour, but my experience so far is very good with the contour and I already tell you that very comfortable that theGlycemiah directly.
I download the data more or less every month: Oops:, although I intend to do it every week .... Je ......

DiabetesForo
08/05/2011 6:14 a.m.

Good morning Kekiya.

I've been going through here for a while, and that's why I hadn't read your post.
They gave it to me in the hospital, together with the bomb and the continuous meter (I am one of the privileged, I live in C-LM. We will see if Doña Cospe does not cancel these health services, according to "what is raining forThese Lares ")

Well, answering your question:

I carry it using since the 15 days of connecting the bomb, and I am delighted with its programs.It is easy to use, because you just have to connect to your computer, as if it were any other USB.(Eye, if you have not used it yet, the instructions are still very good, because if you connect it for the 1st, before starting the session, it will give you error and you will not be able to use it anymore on that computer)
Well, before, you must register, to register.It was my endocrine who took the trouble to register, at the time of giving me the pack, but I imagine, everyone can do it personal.

The web address is:

I usually download the data at the end of every week, but if one day the behavior of values ​​is strange or something different has happened, I download it.It can be done as many times as you want.And you have a "very complete" vision of your situation.The program has 8 or 10 windows: daily reports, weekly, biweekly, meal gaps, data table, in which "all" measurements that your sensor make every day ... Infinity of data appears.Of course, yes, that the sensor has been connected during the observed period.

For me, I am a person with tremendous instability, it is of extraordinary utility.Then, these data are available for your endocrine - in the event that I work with this device - I have sometimes had telematic consultations, in which my end, see the graphics, data..etc, and get in touch with me, through mail, giving me guidelines to follow.

The truth is that today I have connected, precisely to download the data of the last 3 weeks, but when you pass and see your post, I wanted to give you my point of view.
If you are still interested, leave me a post

Greetings.Ciao

Via's profile photo
Via
08/16/2011 5:36 a.m.

Errorrrrrr
Kekiya, I have put a wrong link !!!!!

The web is this

He doesn't let me hit it, and I just wrote it.I think it does not make an error.If you can't, you tell me.

Ciao

Via's profile photo
Via
08/16/2011 5:44 a.m.

Hello via !!!

Indeed, the last link you have given error ... :(
And as you say, you use the USB to download data from your meter ... but I don't have a continuous meter ... my bombita, and my glucometer ... Then I don't know well if I can give the USB very useful ...

P.D: Edito, if the link works, what happens that on the Curro's PC does not work for me, but the link is valid

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
08/16/2011 5:52 a.m.

Let's see, the USB serves to download data from the contour link glycometer, the pump (I see) or the continuous meter, of the three interchangeably.
I don't have a continuous meter but I use the program since they gave it to me when I changed my bomb.
In the link that I put above explains how it works and the steps to follow to do it, the first thing to register.

DiabetesForo
08/16/2011 8:02 a.m.

Thank you so much!!!
By the way, once registered, the installation CD that comes inside the box, is it necessary to install it or only optional?or directly plug the USB?

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
08/16/2011 8:56 a.m.

Kekiya, you don't need to install the CD.

Go to the PG, register and it is already following the steps it marks.
Have the identification number of your pump, which will already be remembered, for sometimes successive.
When you want to download your data, keep in mind that there is not a current bolus and / or basal.
And only insert the Carelink USB, when the program tells you, because if it is inserted before, then you have probl.

Then you tell me that such.
I'm going to eat and see what scare my meter holds, because my sensor was over mid -morning and I don't know where I walk.

Ciao

Via's profile photo
Via
08/16/2011 9:27 a.m.

Hello ... I think this post is old, but I have a question and maybe someone knows and I can answer it ...
The paradigm insulin bomb came to me and did not bring me the USB Carelink ... can you use the program without the USB or is it indispensable and should it claim it?

ceciii's profile photo
ceciii
03/27/2016 5:39 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.