What happens to the feathers?

farstar's profile photo   08/25/2013 2:37 p.m.

Well, I am one of those who take care of the feathers to perfect: in the fridge, once open at room temperature, not leave the needle on (that is, change in each puncture), discard them in 28 days ... everything.

The problem is that when I open them, they work well, but after a couple of days it seems not.I give an example: as soon as I open it, if I shoot 1 insulin unit, a splash comes out, instead 3 days later, four drops leave (counted).

Does anyone else happen to?Does anyone know why?thank you

farstar's profile photo
farstar
08/25/2013 2:37 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Sometimes bubbles are formed.You always have to purge them a little before injecting the dose, but it is not always done ...Humalog's pen seems to work quite well, but the truth is that I have always seemed much more reliable syringes, with which you see exactly the dose that you are injected.
My daughter gets quickly with the pen, but the lantus with syringe.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/25/2013 3:31 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The bubbles if it is true that sometimes they leave, but I try to eliminate them by expelling 2 units, if it does not come out, I repeat, sometimes even 4 if the bubble is large.But this happens to me even if the bubble is very small and I would dare to say that although there was no bubble too.In fact I do not understand how that can affect insulin so much.

I also use Humalog

Edit: I purge them when I see bubbles nothing more, or when I think they will leave if I take 2 units in the air.If you tell me that I have to get 2-3 units every time I put insulin ... I would be pulling 6-9 a day, 42-63 a week.Isn't much waste much?

farstar's profile photo
farstar
08/25/2013 3:54 p.m.

By the way, I just took 4 units for the bubble, and is still a little girl, I have taken another 6 and either, the bubble is still.And when I take 1 unit, 4 drops continue.Which I don't understand and I don't think that bubble is the culprit because it is tiny.I don't understand why just release the pen a good stream comes when I take 1 unit:/

farstar's profile photo
farstar
08/25/2013 4:09 p.m.

Hello!

I think what happens when you release the pen is the "abnormal".1 insulin unit should never be equivalent to an insulin "jet".The 4 drops per unit makes more sense.I, when premiere pen, nothing comes out until the second or third shot, but then they always work well and release the 3 droplets per unit when purging.
The bubbles I think it is a lost war, it is very difficult to eliminate them at all and you are not going to throw half insulin ball due to the drain due to the obsession that there can be no more tiny bubble.;)
Small bubbles are not important, just tip the ball at the time of injecting: bubbles will always rise to the plunger.Give some taps with the nail to make them go up and ready.

Luck!

Aspirante's profile photo
Aspirante
08/25/2013 8:09 p.m.

Debut: julio 2012 con 34 años. DM1. Novorapid: 6-8-10. Lantus: 11. Última HbA1c: 7,3 (febrero 2024).
Recordatorios de insulina SNACK & NOW.

Well, as soon as the pen is released, if I take 6 units, nothing comes out haha, it's like the pen must necessarily expel 6-10 units at the beginning.I usually give him 2 shots of 4. The first one does not come out and the second one already comes out and I assure myself.But after that, I give him 1 unit and a splash comes out, much more than 4 drops of course.And so the ball lasts a couple of days.Then nothing.The truth is very rare, I will talk to the endocrine equally because I can get xD

farstar's profile photo
farstar
08/25/2013 8:57 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.