Question about the sensitivity factor

farstar's profile photo   08/25/2013 2:49 p.m.

Good, here another question that will serve me and more than one xD

It is assumed that the insulin sensitivity factor is calculated with (1800 / average daily).

Let's say I have 18 basal, 6 at breakfast, 6 at food and 6 at dinner, that is 1800/30.which are 60. That is, each insulin unit lowers me 60 blood glucose.

Now the question.Why does insulin affect more or less depending on the amount you put me?Because the more insulin, the less effect it does?Shouldn't it be to revenge?Because for example if instead of 18 of Basal they had been 30;It is not supposed to more insulin, more glucose would have to eliminate my blood?Is it the purpose of insulin right?

And another question is mandatory for the health of a diabetic eating all the same amount of hydrates?Because for example, if one day you get 18+6+6+6 and eliminate 60 in blood assuming that you have factor 1: 1, it means that you have to put 6 insulin units for 6 portions of hydrates and you stay with glucosegood.

And the next day by Pata Mejedura you forget to put the basal (things that happen I suppose).It turns out that you are only going to put 6+6+6.So if now your factor says that 1800/18 = 100, and each unit will subtract you 100, if you put 6 you will subtract 600, that is, double, that is to say that you will end -300 blood glucose, in a coma and in the newspapers.

I hope I haven't bored you much, but let's see if anyone knows how to clarify this.Thank you!

farstar's profile photo
farstar
08/25/2013 2:49 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

No no, the calculation only serves that if you have the glycemia well, if you forget the basal you will have a peak of care and you have to correct you as you normally correct you, in addition to the basal.

The calculation I think is based on the resistance of insulin and weight ... Of course it is an approximate calculation.During pregnancy they told me to calculate it with 1600 instead of 1800

tica's profile photo
tica
08/25/2013 3:12 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Is that the 1800 rule is an approach .. It is better to look with the glucometer how much an insulin unit lowers you.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/25/2013 3:34 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Then it is useless to make calculations.It is simply used as a reference to begin with, to do it by eye and then use the results of the glucometer?

And regarding the other question, why the more insulin on average a day, do you get, the less effect it does?I don't see meaning.You could say that the more work you have, the more you do you do for stress and overwhelm, but I don't know if you would be worth comparison xD

farstar's profile photo
farstar
08/25/2013 3:58 p.m.

Let's see .., it is not the amount of insulin you wear, but what you need.
The basal cannot be forgotten.If one day it happens to you.You have to compensate with the fast and put the basal as soon as possible.
And you don't have to eat the same amount of hydrates, just adapt insulin to the hydrates you eat.You will get that with practice, using the glucometer a lot and aiming results.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/25/2013 9:13 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Well, I have a problem and sometimes my factor is 1: 1 and sometimes it is 1: 3.So imagine ... the days that happens to me, I end up eating 15 dutted sugar after 1 hour of the food.And without having exercised more than maybe having walked a little more, for example, going for a Saturday.And you will say ... Well, the Saturday puts a third of the insulin, but it does not always happen, and if I do not happen and do that, I would have hyperglycemia and it is also not just the Saturday but then a couple of daysI have very unstable control

farstar's profile photo
farstar
08/26/2013 3:13 a.m.

What insulins do you use?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/26/2013 10:38 a.m.

Farstar that happens to everyone, you are not the only one that has that "problem."To start we do not need the same insulin throughout the day, both sensitivity and carbohydrates-insulin ratio varies during the day, which we carry pump can be configured by sections.In addition, physical activity must also be taken into account ...... etc, etc ....... Come on, forget 2+2 equal to 4, because in diabetes that is a chimera ......

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/26/2013 12:06 p.m.

Good again, Humalog use.

Prado, I know that, but I did not talk about it, it is not a matter that the ratio is different depending on the time of day, or the physical exercise.

Without going any further right now I just passed and I have had a bad time.I have put my 6 of insulin, although I should have put me 7 because I have eaten 7 rations of HC.

After 1 hour I had 130, I have made it out of curiosity and less bad.There I have already started eating sugar because I know that when I am already touching the 100, it is a problem.

After 5 minutes I had 90, after another 5 minutes I had 60, then it went up to 80 because of the sugar that ate 10 minutes, and thus eating sugar I have managed to balance the balance between insulin and blood glucose.

Do you know how much sugar have I had to eat?the alarming figure of 200 grams.Now, someone can explain to me how it is possible that yesterday at the same time, 6 of insulin would subtract 6 portions, and today, having done the same as yesterday, I needed 13 extra rations of HC.?

I have a stomach that looks like a fair ...

PS: If you do not visualize 200 grams of sugar, there are 20 envelopes

farstar's profile photo
farstar
08/26/2013 1:25 p.m.

When have you debuted?

tica's profile photo
tica
08/26/2013 2:09 p.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

11 years already:/

farstar's profile photo
farstar
08/26/2013 2:26 p.m.

200 g.sugar?Blessed God !!

You have to go to the endocrine but already.Your guideline must be adjusted.Something is not going well.or the pattern, or you lack diabetological education.In any case, visit the Endocrine and the Association of Diabetics of your city to do a training course for type 1. That is my recommendation.But don't leave it.Do it now.So you can't be.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
08/26/2013 7:36 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

If you know many more things that you should know xD what I have asked here I am sure that few diabetic

farstar's profile photo
farstar
08/26/2013 8:33 p.m.

What slow insulin do you use basal?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/26/2013 10:08 p.m.

Levemir 10 at night and 8 in the morning

farstar's profile photo
farstar
08/27/2013 2:01 a.m.

Do you do a lot of sport?You will not have cast with the fast pattern that day ...

tica's profile photo
tica
08/27/2013 4:10 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

That goes, if I do nothing.The right thing, I'm 45 minutes a day around 8 in the afternoon.And because it is mandatory to walk a little xD

farstar's profile photo
farstar
08/27/2013 7:19 a.m.

@Fastar I identify fully with you ...2 hours after breakfast because I put it on my leg to rotate.
The educator told me that the rapid only in the abdomen, but it is going to necrose if I only put it there because also use heparin, does any other area work in time?In legs, arms and buttocks it is delayed a lot.

I have a 1.5 HC = 1 you ratio, but sometimes 1: 1 or 2: 1 there are no two days and that as always the same as HC, at the same time more or less and I do the famous 5mealsAnd since I am a paranoid control I continue to make the capillaries despite the freestyle.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/19/2016 2:14 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.