{'en': 'Paella - How to adjust insulin.', 'es': 'Paella - Cómo ajustar la insulina.'} Image

Paella - How to adjust insulin.

IMADIS's profile photo   08/22/2011 2:11 p.m.

Hello good.

That had not entered here a long time.But here I am.

I tell you a personal solution that I have found to quietly eat a good paella dish.

As a Valencian that I am, because I love paella, in general all kinds of rice.But every time I ate paella, because the carbohydrate indices after 3 hours were very high, above 200. That is, after the effect of the rapid, there was nothing to do, just correct myself again and again, theLantus did not arrive.I started to click after the gun, the only thing I got was to delay it a little more.

On a Saturday at the villa, I forgot the Lantus, and after eating Paella, in the course of about 16 hours, I click 9 times Novorapid, and it seemed that it was not able to cushion the effects of the H.C of slow absorption.I had a bad time because it was desperate for every control that the levels made to me were very high.It seems incredible that the rice is able to keep the sugar so high without my lantus.

Well, this weekend there was Paella, and this time, I did not forget the Lantus.I did a new practice, click after the food less fast units (8U) and put an "extra" of 10 units of Lantus.Well, the practice was excellent, it kept me at bulls all afternoon and night.A little downturn at night because of the exercise of "that comes the bull!"But nothing more.Fresquita beer later, and Momir.

And that I had to spend more than a year to find a good dish of paella quietly ...

P.D Tomorrow, Touches Eco, what will be ... PEKE OR PEKA ?????:-)

IMADIS's profile photo
IMADIS
08/22/2011 2:11 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It is nonsense, but have you tried to eat socarrat only?
The illusion that some are that when burning, the rice rises less :))

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/22/2011 2:30 p.m.

What do you mean what is nonsense?

IMADIS's profile photo
IMADIS
08/22/2011 2:41 p.m.

I didn't mean you ...;)
I say it's nonsense to think that by eating socarrat, the rice will rise less

DiabetesForo
08/22/2011 2:54 p.m.

We'll see, tomorrow touches another rice at the mother -in -law's house.That prepares a baked rice ... I will repeat again to see how.
Anyway, I should not abuse rice, but I like it so much, that one is weak.

Next week I have the endo, I will tell you the experience to see what it tells me.
It seems to me that this time the results of the Hemo, they will not be below 7.

IMADIS's profile photo
IMADIS
08/22/2011 3:38 p.m.

I remember my first newly diagnosed paellas :(

vegetable, chicken and rice that was stuck to them :)) is what he ate

I usually have a trick not to happen to me: always eat on the plate, if possible medium (of course never big) fill it whole but without doing "mountain", every plan ... and more less I have already calculated the insulin units.
Recommended to take apple or similar fruit ... Nothing of ice cream or cakes but the rush is still more slowed down.

The times that I have eaten directly from the paella (which has coincided with paellas to firewood), I have had catastrophic glycems ... yes, happiness seized me: Mrgreen:

DiabetesForo
08/22/2011 4:09 p.m.

But what are you going to tell me from the paellas to me ...

In my family, the men of the Paella, women of the dish.
I get up, I don't cut myself, portions ... Pufff.Then they continue with the dessert, gypsy arm, frozen cake ... I am satisfied taking the coffee.

IMADIS's profile photo
IMADIS
08/25/2011 1:13 p.m.

Yesterday the same thing happened to me with the paella, which had never happened to me before.After having lost almost two kilos in recent weeks because of long bicycle training I was willing to eat what I went ahead and more.I put on a dish that looked like a pyramid in Egypt, but I put on the corresponding units.At 3 hours it was at 290, at 3/4 of an hour to 170, and at the time following 160, all this without time to correct those 290. The reason that I believe: the glucometer has too much error in high values ​​and theReality would not correspond to such high glucose (something that is already known) or that the one who made the paella is reputed to make them very oily, very good, but with a lot of oil.I had not eaten his paellas again since before my diagnosis.The only explanations that I find such a lack of glycemia, because until now I had always nailed the necessary units sometimes by eye and sometimes with a scale, in the first three months from the diagnosis the hemo lowered me from 10.6 to 5, 5 without great hypoglycemia.

JoseManuel's profile photo
JoseManuel
08/26/2011 11:55 a.m.

Mmm, interesting oil.Can you explain better?I do not remember that the oil influenced the sugar level.
Why should we leave fried meals, and how much less oily?How does sugar influence our body?

IMADIS's profile photo
IMADIS
08/26/2011 1:32 p.m.

Oil and fat at meals delay gastric emptying, which is attenuated and at the same time delayed.Fundamental principle to sometimes control postpandrial blood glucose.

JoseManuel's profile photo
JoseManuel
08/28/2011 6:30 p.m.

Very interesting ... I have been eating paella for more than a year .... With how rich it comes out ...
Once I ate some rice (2 spoons) and was 200 at two hours despite having walked 1 hour at a good step.I don't get off with anything so I took it out of my diet, but maybe I risk trying the slow after the paella a week that has little insulin resistance.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/18/2016 9:26 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Now with the pump I put long -term mixed bowling, but first I fell quickly two or three times more and so without problems.The peaks produced from 2.5 or 3 hours were very strong, also when as Paella, like Paella, I love it.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
04/18/2016 9:54 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I also had to remove rice from his diet because he raised him a lot, but one day I tried and folded him the rapid and great dose barely uploaded.

Rosi's profile photo
Rosi
04/18/2016 11:29 a.m.

Mama de niña de 7 años diabetes tipo 1 diciembre 2015
Levemir: Desayuno 2u - Cena 3u
Novorapid: Desayuno-Comida-Merienda-Cena
Última hemo: 7.8

As Valencians that we are rice is present in our lives very often.And now that my daughter starts eating not only rice, but also all the accompanying vegetable, I am not going to take it away.It was herself who began to put two extra insulin units when there was a roller, that and with the help of the meter vessel, for now there is no problem.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
04/18/2016 11:41 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

The oil greatly influences blood glucose, especially in measurements of 3 to 4 h after intake (fried potatoes or any very oily hydrate).I have come to click for 3 more I and as much can you do an almost hip in 1 or 2 hours and then plant yourself in an amazing hyper

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
04/19/2016 2:40 p.m.

I just written this somewhere.When, as it was, or at home rice, pasta, or dessert, adjustment quickly (which normally I do not use) but above all I upload the dose of Lantus (which as I put it at noon, because if I wear 8, if like riceI put 10, plus the rapid).If you only put the fast, when the effect of it passes, the thing to climb that scares, first for the fats of the meals outside the home, begins, and then because of the slow hydrates that they eat that are not usual in the diet(I talk about pasta or rice or desserts with a lot of cream).In my case, solved.

pochola's profile photo
pochola
04/21/2016 11:35 a.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.