Debutante

Sorianox's profile photo   08/30/2013 8:45 a.m.

Hi, I'm new in the forum and in diabetes.
I am 33 years four months ago I did a test with a glycometer from my grandmother that is diabetic, the test gave me 380 and I went to the emergency room, there they put me insulin and they did analysis, they told me that I was diabetic type 2.
The header put me on a diet because I had a few kilos left over and I sent me metformin average in the morning and a half at night, I started exercising and in two weeks or so I was a lot of it.
When I went to the endocrine, he told me that
I was going to upload the medication but as it was so well, I didn't miss and that it remained the same.
Yesterday I returned to the endocrine and I have lost and sugar I have very well controlled, I continue with the metformin, he told me that from now on my head doctor would follow me, but that it was likely that diabetes in the future becomes type 1and need insulin.
I don't understand if I'm so good because it tells me that.Will I be in the famous honeymoon?
If someone has gone through something similar I would like to inform me because I am lost.
Thank you all.

Sorianox's profile photo
Sorianox
08/30/2013 8:45 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Change endocrine, because someone who tells you that a type 2 can be transformed into type 1 has no fashioned idea of ​​diabetes.
I do not know if they have done concrete tests to know if you are type 1 or 2. For your age, it is more than possible that you are type 1, although that can only be known with those tests.
I would ask for a second opinion, to be able to be of an endocrine in conditions.
Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/30/2013 12:41 p.m.

Welcome to the Sorianox Forum

He came to say the same as Alea.

33 years and type 2?
Very rare ...
One possibility is Diabetes Lada: Link

No one changes the type of diabetes.
In any case, change treatment.

Ask for a second opinion.

DiabetesForo
08/30/2013 1:06 p.m.

I will thank you very much.

Sorianox's profile photo
Sorianox
08/30/2013 2:04 p.m.

I have been looking at the analyzes they did in the emergency room and I had no ketone bodies, can this discard a type 1 or lad diabetes?

Thank you very much in advance.

Sorianox's profile photo
Sorianox
08/31/2013 9:12 a.m.

No, ketone bodies do not diagnose diabetes.
Many do not have ketoacidosis even if they have glycemias greater than 300

Type 1 is diagnosed first with the 4P symptoms:
Polyuria, polydipsia, polyphia and lost weight
Urify a lot, drink a lot, eat a lot and lose a lot of weight.
Much means huge, striking amounts.

Second, with any random blood glucose above 200 it is considered diabetes.
Considering age (less than 40, more or less) you have to opt for type 1 and confirm it.

If there are doubts, the Pepid C. is analyzed
An oral glucose overload can be performed (they give you 75 gr glucose and they are measuring you every time).

Autoimmunity (IAA, GAD and IA2) is usually seen, especially in the case of Lada

Finally, if there were many doubts, a genetic study could be done looking for several localized genes as high risk.

DiabetesForo
08/31/2013 9:46 a.m.

Thank you very much Owash, I had 4p.Now I have 100 or less.That is why I am fly and for which the endocrine told me.I have the triglycerides well as cholesterol, since I was diagnosed, I do a lot of sport.On Wednesday I go to my head doctor and I will tell you my doubts, if you can see another endocrine and if you can do the peptide c.

Thank you very much with all my heart.

Sorianox's profile photo
Sorianox
08/31/2013 10:19 a.m.

Today I have been in my head doctor and the truth is that it has explained things better than the endocrine.
Surely I am type 1 although it is not confirmed because the endocrine did not do the tests, now I am perfect sugar, apparently I have to take advantage now because in the future it will shoot again, I suppose it will be the honeymoon.
Apparently I have not needed insulin because the disease is not in full swing.

Sorianox's profile photo
Sorianox
09/04/2013 9:08 a.m.

If you are type 1, metformin does nothing.
If you are doing a lot of sport and controlling something food, you may extend the life of insulin producing cells (that if you have type1).
The honeymoon is nothing more than the period of time that passes until the beta cells that produce insulin are exhausted.

If you were lada, yes the metformin could play a role at the beginning.

That is why it is important that you diagnose you well, perhaps if you were type 1 you could start with a basal insulin, a single puncture a day, which would allow you to endure the beta cells.

In any of the 2 cases, the reserves comes a time that is exhausted (either because you squeeze them too much or because the course of the disease is what is).
And it is almost always specular with the time of the honeymoon, although the measurement of the C Peptide gives you information, the evolution is always unpredictable.

If you can measure glycemia 2 hours after eating or dinner.
That measurement gives more information, in addition to fasting blood glucose.

DiabetesForo
09/04/2013 3:59 p.m.

Until December no
I do the tests try to remain the same and see what happens.In the analyzes I think it is hemoglobin that says the last three months as my doctor told me in 5% three months ago had 7.9%

Sorianox's profile photo
Sorianox
09/05/2013 8:52 a.m.

My wife tells me that let's see if I'm not going to have diabetes and have been wrong.Luckily, thanks to you, I am informed.Thanks again.

Sorianox's profile photo
Sorianox
09/05/2013 8:53 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.