I am new here ......

zai's profile photo   08/22/2011 8:28 p.m.

Hello everyone!My name is Zaida and I'm 23 years old.
I am a girl from Galicia, Pontevedra.
3 years ago I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes and that produced a radical change in my life, affecting me as everyday as sleeping.
It has taken me a lot to raise awareness and familiarize myself with this disease but thank God I already have it much better.
I have a problem .... I love sweet! Especially mmmm chocolate is my partridge and given the situation ... I know how to eat it as I would like :?
For this reason, I uncontrol my diet and spending many strips (although now with more control) because I am worried about having sugar too high.
I have not been lucky enough to meet someone who lived the same situation and thus be able to share doubts, it seems a lie that this forum has not found before !!
I hope to learn things here and be able to solve doubts just like knowing about the new advances ... Greetings: D

zai's profile photo
zai
08/22/2011 8:28 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome Zaida: d
I also love chocolate but the more bitter the better: Mrgreen: ......
Tell us what you want, your doubts ..... whatever you want.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/23/2011 3:33 a.m.

Zaida, welcome home.

Do not worry, that you will soon dominate the issue of rations and others, and you can give yourself some other tribute, always controlling.

For doubts, you know where we are.

Health

DiabetesForo
08/23/2011 6:04 p.m.

How to master the portions? I really don't understand it :(
I move xos grams of hydrates ..... it seems a lie but ... I don't get a mess!

zai's profile photo
zai
08/24/2011 11:31 a.m.

Zai, a website passed you that for many of us is essential:

There you have everything about the diet for portions.There are two versions: those who consider a ration like 10 grams of hydrates (my case) and those who use 15 grs as a ration (the website that I have linked to you).It doesn't matter one or the other, whenever you use only one to be able to make your calculations.

Read the whole website little by little and help you a lot.

Health

DiabetesForo
08/24/2011 1:47 p.m.

Welcome to the Zai forum

I like "sweets" :)) :))

DiabetesForo
08/24/2011 2 p.m.

Hi Paisana ¡¡¡¡¡¡

If I tell you the truth to me, my sight is clouded every time I see chocolate and the nocilla fagged, before being diabetic, well to know what it was I took it in spoonfuls, 2 and a half years ago that I discovered that it was diabeticNow I am 30 years old and the last time I begins Nocilla, it was 2 and a half years ago hahahaha no longer crazy.Over time you will find substitutes that cover that desire.

What part of Galicia are you ???

juangl's profile photo
juangl
09/03/2011 2:30 p.m.

Hello, I live here in Galicia and they diagnosed me 3 years ago.I love candy too and now although I know very little I can not help giving me a whim from time to time.I would like to talk to someone in the same situation ...

Rach's profile photo
Rach
05/31/2023 9:48 p.m.

Hello @rach welcome to the forum, one of the things you have to learn is to see the age of a thread, this one that you have reopened is 2012 so it is normal for anyone to answer you
In a message above just below the nick there is a square if you click on the or keep it pressured if you are using mobile, you get the date of when it was written

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
05/31/2023 10:25 p.m.

Good morning Zaida
Welcome to the forum

I am going to leave you a link of a page that we use with our Peke that has type 1 diabetes for 2 years
Link

They are from Barcelona

They send it to you online and they are perfect! In their measures (come on what they tell you)

And the truth is worth it, because they work without added sugars, and give you assembly of HC.

Everything is very good

And you can give yourself a whim.

All the best.

iñaki's profile photo
iñaki
06/04/2023 11:20 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.