Another D (diabetes) file

Nenito's profile photo   08/26/2011 12:50 p.m.

Hi guys,
Again I address you with a doubt that in principle seems another mystery/descoque or joke of this sugar to advise us with the most possible solution.
You will see, for a few weeks the controls before meals, mainly at eating, dinner, even rather, in the controls of the two hours after meals, they seem to maintain the measurements between 200-250, which givesThe sensation, not to say the certainty that the State is to be high all day.

It is true that the physical exercise has decreased (we have the living room dance and those little walks that we give ourswalk and before dinner hala, high again.

Carbohydrates in meals are also quite scarce, to put a couple of examples, at food time, a port of bread if you like a small piece, about 20 grams if I am not mistaken but I am not going to stick to whatStrict, and for dinner, if perhaps, the same as bread.

The treatment is Actrapid 3 times a day, in an average of 15 fast per day, and 23 of Lantus at night, since there were 22 but we have uploaded one since the slow up the slow.

Let's see if you can think of something for this Azuquita to fall, some council or something.

Thank you all and greetings.

Nenito's profile photo
Nenito
08/26/2011 12:50 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If the controls are high before meals, it is clear that you lack basal (Lantus) you will have to raise it.

Another thing, why do Lantus combine with Actrapid, which is not ultra -grape?They do some strangest things some doctors ...

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/26/2011 12:56 p.m.

Forgive guys, and forgive Alea that reading in the forum, my head has gone, it is Apidra, Lantus with Apidra.

Nenito's profile photo
Nenito
08/26/2011 1:13 p.m.

My first question is almost always the same: do you varied the injection zone?

As Alea says, if the measurements before eating are high, it may be that basal (Lantus) is missing, for this we would have to confirm it by comparing postdesayuno and predominate glycems.
In addition, a clear indicator of whether or not the lantus is basal glycemia when rising, always comparing with the postcena value (it allows us to see if there is up or down).

DiabetesForo
08/26/2011 1:14 p.m.

Thanks Owash, the fact is that if we vary the puncture area, since you are very right, and sometimes there are even parts full of bruises for the punctures.

It seems that now it is better, it is true that with that of Lantus that we climb, it will better now.Let's see if it lasts, because if not the same should be uploaded.

It is good to prick more insulin of the usual, although many carbohydrates are not eaten?

Thank you all for your help;)

Nenito's profile photo
Nenito
08/30/2011 7:10 a.m.

Pricing more fast insulin is not good or bad in itself.The important thing is to prick the doses that each one needs at all times, which do not always have to be the same and that depend on many factors.
You must do many controls and try the results, noting everything to draw conclusions.

Health

DiabetesForo
08/30/2011 7:56 a.m.

Thank you very much Alea and Owash,
In the end, my head doctor has told me to get the two of Lantus, now I put 25 at night, and that if I continue like this I put up to 27. How long does it take to react the slow insute to notice theeffect, and not have those rises of 200 and peak?I add two data that I do not know if they would influence, a few days ago I had a bursitis and the doctor has sent me to take ibuprofen, as one a day, and as I think there are doctors who say that if it affects.But I have been about three days.I have also begun to take Aquadren for the loss of liquids and I think it has fructose, even what epunto is the fructose already good?I think I'm going to open a topic with this, in case there is more gene that takes it, and mood ...

What do you recommend?

I like to consult you, thanks

Nenito's profile photo
Nenito
09/07/2011 6:09 a.m.

Do you think it has fructose?Don't you put it in the ingredients?
If it carries fructose, you will have to know how much, because the fructose is sugar, slower than the glucose, but sugar finally, so the blood glucose will raise you and you will have to calculate the corresponding insulin.

Regarding the Lantus, wait two or three days to see how it influences, because in one day you cannot value.

Ibuprofen, which I know, does not influence glycemia, although they can influence the causes that lead you to take it (concrete bursitis I suppose no, but if there is an infection or similar, yes).

Health

DiabetesForo
09/07/2011 7:19 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.