Bubbles in the cable.

paris's profile photo   09/07/2011 3:24 p.m.

Hello! I don't know if someone could give me any advice.Lately they have changed us insu.Before Humalog and now Novorapid, what happens to us, that the cable is continuously full of bubbles.I bait continuously and check before the bolus, but in an approximate bora again they appear, how can this be?Moreover, long super.Any solution ..?Will the change of insu do?.thank you

paris's profile photo
paris
09/07/2011 3:24 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Paris, are you sure they are bubbles?
Check if over time they move from site, (you can make a marquite with a marker)
Many times appear as white spots, in the cable, as if they were bubbles, but they are not.They are usually in the same place until you change the catheter.It is as if the cable be folded at some point and get whitish.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/13/2011 9:10 a.m.

They are bubbles.When bait comes out ... maybe it is due to physical activity.I don't know...

paris's profile photo
paris
09/13/2011 10:28 a.m.

I can't help you because it doesn't happen to me, I didn't happen with Humalog and it doesn't happen to me .... I don't know if it will have something to do insulin or with the reservoir or the bomb itself.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/13/2011 11:08 a.m.

Hello Paris, we hems suffered from bubbles many times .... how do you load the reservoir?, We use the pen as if it were a vial, extracting insulin so as not to introduce it under pressure (which was the way they taught us), soWe managed to reduce them to a very important extent ... other times temperature changes, heat, make TB.That they form more, but of course loading like this, it will surely improve.

Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
09/13/2011 1:20 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.