Diabetes and rice, hydrates counting

flanders's profile photo   09/10/2013 12:13 p.m.

Hello!Since you talk about this, I have just been in the kitchen today with the rice ... Of course, as I never didn't look at the quantities because I have no idea, before I know how to do it by eye I have to learnweighing everything, and my parents are freaking me more and more ...:-/

Let's see, 100g of dry rice I got 250g of boiled rice.Well, I ate half, that is, 125g, equivalent to 50g of dry rice (39g of HC = 4 portions)
I also ate a normal salad portion (which by the way, I do not know how to calculate the HC it has) and grilled chicken (which according to my table does not have HC?).Dessert an apple (15g HC).In total I have calculated 5'5 rations more or less (they have taught me that 1Ration = 10g, although I have seen in some pages that do it with 15g).
Well, I put only 3 units of the fast, because I am afraid to spend and such, but the next I will try 4 units, because at two hours I was in 163 (starting from 90).But it is already an advance ... The last time after eating some rice I almost reached 300.

Do you also put yourself in an obsessive plan to tell everything, or after a while do you know how to calculate more by eye?I don't want to spend the rest of my life like that, apart from that it is a mental scratch, nobody understands me ... :))

Conclusion: I am more lost than a duck in New York :))

zetas_x's profile photo
zetas_x
07/13/2012 4:50 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If I weight, what is pesable or-sea what is salad and things like that, because according to say it has very little hydrates and they do not tell, but of course we talk about a
Normal dish not of a grass hehe, and it is better like this ... doing things well done, I even with whom I have confidence at Friends House I take my weight
And you don't see everyone also weigh their servings, I've been with the count for a short time and it is a blessAlmost 9 years toasted and olive oil and on top of a teaspoon! That Jarton always the same!And now it is another story already looking at the food table, he example is an advance but as what we say here with the UF rice, I do not know why the milk does not come out, and of course .... Then the 300 what is a what is aI don't take it away from me, but then something great is that it is when we corrected with the fast, but ... it is better that things go well from the beginning.

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
07/13/2012 6:31 p.m.

At first, it is measured, weighing and writing down everything ... It is like creating a database.
From there you work.

After time, you're going eye and you have the tricks ...

Mine are simple.Always eat on flat plate ... for example with rice, fill the plate (without making mountains: d) and I already have calculated what I need insulin.
Normally the salad or the story ... except that I have only salad eating.

Sometimes you can help packaged foods to get an idea of ​​the hydrates they carry ... a pizza, the salad already prepared, the cookies ... then it is to make a rule of 3 with what we eat and ready.

We must also bear in mind that one thing is the theory and another practice.
There are people who digest it in a different way and the increases are greater ... so you will need more "normal" insulin units.
Other people happen with milk, others with beer and others with bread ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/14/2012 4:18 a.m.

An idea that puts into practice my educator is to take pictures of what we eat ... Now with the mobiles it is facilitated ... thus we associate the calculations and it is simpler.

DiabetesForo
07/14/2012 4:19 a.m.

Yesterday, looking at the issue of rice on the Internet and they say it is advisable to wash it- O-Hervir it a little earlier, to remove the starch (clear raw)
And if it is true, that when I prepare it with tomato the typical "rice to the Cuban" when the water is drained white and that water as it is not worth it .... However, when it is paella, the rice is diral andThe amidon there is there and I think.For the starch ... if so, I could only do it at home because what was missing that they invited me to eat (at the house of the friends and they had to disturb the whole process, they would no longer invite me hehe.

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
07/14/2012 5:17 a.m.

The fact of taking photos seems to me a good idea, maybe I try to put into practice ... so it could be easier to associate the portions, because I am going crazy weighing everything every time I eat!

With packaged products it is very simple, for example the milk (1 glass = 1RATION), or my cereals, which by 30g are about 22g of HC.
But of course, if I touch a more "elaborate" dish so to speak, I have to do it more by eye ... And when I have to eat out I don't know what I will do pfff ...

By the way, from the normal bread of a lifetime how many HC (per 100g) do you calculate?and of whole wheat bread?

Thanks for the tips !!:)

zetas_x's profile photo
zetas_x
07/14/2012 10:45 a.m.

In my hydrates the white bread Por100gr provides 48.0, according to the calculations 5 units of rapida.

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
07/14/2012 12:46 p.m.

In the case of bread, a ration is 20 gr, that is, 20 grams of bread are equivalent to 10 gr of carbohydrates, the same the white as the integral.

DiabetesForo
07/14/2012 12:58 p.m.

Ah ok!is that in each table I look I see it different, just like the white bread/whole bread ... I think I am complicating my life too much
I mean that with bread, should I calculate that more or less half of what weighs are carbohydrates, right?

Thanks really, you are helping me a lot: Oops:

zetas_x's profile photo
zetas_x
07/14/2012 1:47 p.m.

This topic was created from the divided comments of: starting with 17 years! .

flanders's profile photo
flanders
09/10/2013 12:13 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.