Diabetes and Diving, Trick for Downloads

flanders's profile photo   09/10/2013 1:03 p.m.

Nacho, when bureas, how/where are you carrying something for the descents?I was snorkeling this summer and asked a friend to take a couple of glucosmones in my swimsuit pocket, but I don't know where to take them (and I really prefer to take them, at least one).I'm sure I'm going to repeat, so I have to manage them with logistics.

thank you!

martagsc's profile photo
martagsc
11/25/2010 4:27 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Marta, by site when diving there is no problem, that the diving vest has pockets everywhere.

What I carry are a couple of emptyness of a hyperglycoso gel that cyclists usually use.The container is plastic type so it does not spoil when wetting.During an immersion I can't "get" take something quickly.You have to take it under water.(Yes, you can, it is not very complicated).

My wife has two others in her team, and the glucagon awaits us on the shore or on the boat, depending from wherever the immersion is.

To snorkel, it is not difficult to find some skter bags that you can wear hanging from the neck, or subject to the waist.Look at any sports or diving material store.I use one to take the car keys during snorkeling, and they are safe, so you can take to a sugar without fear of spoiling.

Snorkel consumes, maybe not as much as diving, but you will wear.I would follow the same recommendations as for diving.

Basically: to do more than two hours that you have injected insulin, measure 1 hour, half an hour and just before starting.Try to enter the water with 150 or higher blood glucose.And eat some slow hydrate, a ration for every half hour that you anticipate being in the water.

And be careful with the cold, which wears faster.

He continues with the snorkeling, and then makes the leap to the bubbles.By law we have prohibited it, but we are many who do not give up that pleasure, yes, with all security measures.

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
11/25/2010 9:54 a.m.

Thanks Nacho,

I already know what gels you say, I use them when I amount to bike.This year I thought about diving but in the end I was afraid of hypoglycemia (I didn't know how the people I was going to answer in case) and that's why I turned back, but I loved the snorkeling so summer so the summerThat will take the step.I will ask you if I have doubts :)

ciao!

martagsc's profile photo
martagsc
11/25/2010 11:53 a.m.

This topic was created from the divided comments of: hello to all soi new and I would likeInform me ..... .

flanders's profile photo
flanders
09/10/2013 1:03 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.