{'en': 'I forget slow insulin + my mental calculations', 'es': 'Olvido de la insulina lenta + mis cálculos mentales'} Image

I forget slow insulin + my mental calculations

Quim's profile photo   09/28/2011 9:56 a.m.

Well that, yesterday I forget slow insulin.:(

I realized because this morning before lunch was 160 (I am normally at 100) and although I got fast extra before eating I was 175. Thinking why I had those values ​​is when I realized the absence of slow.

It had never happened to me and I didn't know ... so using the imagination made the following calculations.

8 und.Slow / 24 hours a day = 0.75 und. every hour.

Of the 14:30 am (at the time I remember) until 10:30 am they are 8h

0.75 und (slow insulin) * 8h = 6 und

Total that put me 6 units of Levimir (slow insulin) to cover me until the usual time (10.30h) that I will put my 18 units of each day.

Do you think this would be correct?It is that before what is done very determined and now I have insecurity.:?

The truth is that I see this happened very positive, so I will know that I have to do next time.

Thank you very much for your help.

Hugs, Quim

Quim's profile photo
Quim
09/28/2011 9:56 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Your calculations are commendable (especially if you have made them at that time you have posted, because it is the time of eating and does not reason well hungry :)) :)) :))
But unfortunately, I will tell you that normally, what is indicated in these cases of oblivion of the basal is to endure the next day based only quickly, to avoid overlaps.

Anyway, I will also tell you that educators know about cases of people who have taken the basal dose twice (which is normally not a small dose) and have not had major problems the next day.But in any case to avoid surprises, they will always recommend you spend the day based on fast chutes.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
09/28/2011 11:59 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Hello!
I have also forgotten me and what I have done has depended especially on when I have noticed.I punctuate the lantus at night after dinner.If I have noticed when I got up, I got Lantus to cover the day and then the next one at night a little less than the entire dose in case I laid with what I had in the morning to avoid hypoglycemia that night.In the next night I have already followed with the normal pattern.This option has not hurt me.
If I have noticed from eating time I have corrected with fast in food, snack and dinner and then I have followed the usual dose.This option has not hurt me either although it is more uncomfortable especially if you are out there because you have to adjust on the fly.

martagsc's profile photo
martagsc
09/28/2011 4:43 p.m.

Hello colleagues.

First of all, thank you very much for the answers.The theme was at the end ... that if I had put it ... total that I insulin more that day and also after 2 hours of eating I had a beautiful hypo.Poor of me, who hurting the descent eating me a paste with chocolate (mmmm chocolate, please that I give me another low today :-))

I don't know why I had not put it on me.I imagine that being so high in the morning and at noon I think he gave me to think that.It's the bad thing about the routines you forget is yes or no.

But the situation and experience are fine.As I am so clueless if I have doubts I will not put it on and wait for its usual schedule.

Hugs, Quim.

Quim's profile photo
Quim
09/29/2011 10:36 a.m.

For a hypo I think that it is not recommended chocolate because of the amount of fat it carries, because it delays and takes longer to fix the hypo. The best (I think) a zumito and a pair of cookies
The man tells you, because it has happened to me many times.
When you are high, what I do is units of fast (this is indicated by my endocrine).I recommend that in your prosima visit you talk to your endocrine of this.It is always better to be informed of any type of event that happens to you or can happen to you.It is better to prevent!
All the best!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/22/2012 8:02 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.