living with diabetes

camilitaaa's profile photo   09/16/2013 2:39 a.m.

Hello everyone, my name is Camila and I'm from Uruguay.I am an insulin -dependent type 1 diabetics, today 1 month ago I was diagnosed with diabetes.I am just adapting to my new rhythm of life, used to meals, which is what costs me the most, since I did not eat any type of vegetables and luckily I am eating and I love them haha.
I was always an athlete, I made tennis and swimming since I am a girl (I have 24) and thank God with the exercise I control the insulin quite well.
I started with very high values, I had 400, and I really scared me, I had to inject insulin 3 times a day, (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and today, I'm just giving 12 or 14 units tomorrow, and my values ​​arenormal.I do sports or go for a walk at about 7:00 p.m. and when I arrive for dinner I usually have 80 ml.
At first it was very hard, because I did not know that I could eat and not, when HC for food, I went to a nutritionist and luckily I took out the fear I had to eat more or eat things I could not.They taught me to read the labels, and with that the panorama opened more.
Luckily in my house they are helping me a lot, they eat what I have to eat, so that there is no difference, and they are very aware of how my glycemia is.I feel really supported by my parents.
And nothing, that, for now haha, I felt very good writing in this forum, I am a person who does not speak much of diabetes to be with my family and friends, but I feel that here I can vent.
All help that can give me, of any kind is welcome, and I make myself available if someone needs something.
Thanks for reading me.
Big kiss to all.
Camila

camilitaaa's profile photo
camilitaaa
09/16/2013 2:39 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, welcome, Camilita, and congratulations on that magnificent attitude towards diabetes.Optimism is another medicine that helps to move forward and that should never be lost.
A hug.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/16/2013 4:11 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome to the Camila forum! We hope to help you and clarify the doubts you have!;-)

fer's profile photo
fer
09/16/2013 5:43 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.