Sport produces uploads !!(Levemir)

notmy's profile photo   10/23/2011 4 p.m.

Hello, I have recently changed my Lantus and Levemir and everything has done well, except for the sport.
I usually go to run about 50 minutes at a good pace, and when Lantus click I had to eat enough to avoid hypoglycemia, and still used to have them almost daily.
Now that I have changed to Levemir, the glucose instead of going down.
For example, knowing this today before running I had 100, I have drunk a glass of milk and just 102, and at the time ... 150!
What can I do to avoid these climb?Is slow insulin missing?I punctuate 25 units of Levemir at noon and I usually get up in the morning between 100 and 120, although I have noticed that I need more novorapid (fast).Is it normal?

Thank you!!

notmy's profile photo
notmy
10/23/2011 4 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

In my body, Levemir has less "hypoglycemic power" than Lantus.
I don't know if all people will be the same.

What time have you gone to run?

Do you also pass the days you don't run?

Nor do you rush through these glycemia, sometimes after exercise it is normal for glycemia to rise and then fall again ... the muscles continue to consume glucose for many hours, although we do not notice.
Give yourself a week, more, to verify that these files x are always in the same way and then you will look for the solutions

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/23/2011 4:34 p.m.

I've gone running around 5 in the afternoon.Tomorrow they operate so I will be a time without doing sports, so I will also check if I do not move the days.And it is true that the sugar remains super stable with Levemir, compared to Lantus is incredible.Thank you very much for your help in every thread that I write, Owash.I will refloat the conversation to tell you how it goes.

notmy's profile photo
notmy
10/23/2011 4:41 p.m.

Welcome to the forum !!!!
Good luck in the operation, and as Owash says, those figures are quite good, you should not give much importance if you are so stable.
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/24/2011 5:18 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hello I just give my opinion, the insulin determining (Levemir) you have said that you only put it at noon, I thought that the lesson does not cover the entire day.That was put twice a day because it has less duration than the lantus that does cover it.
That if it can be a reason, so it goes up with the exercise because you lack insulin.
I put NPH my son (although everyone says that it is not worth it, it is quite similar to determining), and when it is next to their new dose if he exercises he goes up because he lacks insulin.
All make some more flat than another but when the body lacks the basal with the exercise when the cells need it and miss insulin is remnted in the blood and therefore the glucose is high.
And I have tried my son one day that has passed after exercise, he will do blood glucose and shoot, then I have tested the blood ketone bodies and has positive.The answer is there, because the body does not stop feeding and since the sugar does not enter the cells burns fats and prottenins.
The residue of burning sugars is water, and the residue of burning fats are ketone bodies, so whenever sport is practiced and blood sugar goes up instead of lowering, the acetone test in blood must be done
Anyway that is only my opinion.All the best

juanqui2791's profile photo
juanqui2791
10/24/2011 4:21 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.