Freestyle Papillon's Opium strips

Velia's profile photo   10/27/2011 1:13 p.m.

Recently Abbot has begun to market the reactive strips for the Gulucometer Opium, under the denomination of freestyle papillon reactive strips ... in our hospital they have told us that they have improved the absorption of the blood, now I will put a link with the characteristics ofSome in which it seems that the need for blood is lower 0.3 MCL in the new ones, compared to 0.6 the old ones ... I will leave you the links where you can see the technical information of each other.Has anyone tried them? ... I will go tomorrow or on Monday for them, but I am very interested in your opinion.
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/27/2011 1:13 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hello, we spend the Opium Plus, and I am very happy with them.
We have the problem with the strips of the acetone in blood that the health centers take months without getting them, we have been bringing us for more than 6 months to bring us (Blood B-Ketone).
Where imagine if I go now and ask you what you say, because for summer perhaps or more.
All the best.

juanqui2791's profile photo
juanqui2791
10/27/2011 4:14 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Juanqui, the Opium Plus have already been replaced by the freestyle, so I don't think you have problems obtaining them.I guess they will have in stock still of the old ones and will give them until they finish, but then the new ones will give you.
Have you always had that glucometer?It is that the absorption of the blood is very slow (the originals were not like that) ... I like the gluco a lot, but the strips left much to be desired ... to see if they are true that they have improved.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/28/2011 6:23 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello, at the beginning we had up to five or six glucometers, the hospital gave us one, the other health center, the other diabetic association, and so on, the hospital changed it and in the end I have six or seven at home, but we had aImportant hypo and went to the racing hospital and then it was the glucometer that worked badly.
That is to say that each glucometer marked a different value, and the one that most adjusted to the analytics they made and the glyuometers of the hospital was this the optium, so since then we do not want to change it.We are not going to change it, we have recently been in some coexistence and have given us another device, (I suppose the pharmaceuticals give them away and then sell the strips to the hospitals that is where the money is). But we continue with our optium.
And what you have said to change the strips, depend on those in stock, if it is for a week or a couple of years.
When they change them, I'll tell you, have you already changed them?
All the best.

juanqui2791
11/01/2011 10:04 a.m.

Juanqui, I have to go to the hospital for them.In principle I will try to see if these of Abbot have finally come in reason and have decent strips again.

With respect to the glucos, it is what you say, better to have one with which you feel calm, and always measure with it, because it is true that each one measures in a way, and if you start comparing it is a mess.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/02/2011 4:55 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

I have already started using them, of course the previous ones improve but the collection is still slow ... I am going to give them a chance if Angela allows me, which says that it is a pain of taking them out of the wrapper, which losesA lot of time ... Ayssss, it never rains to everyone's taste.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/20/2011 6:45 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Now after many problems I have already been given to Cetona in blood.
All the best.

juanqui2791
11/20/2011 3:26 p.m.

I have the optium as a second "emergency" meter.But this will continue to be in the future, because I do not see that the thing has improved.I continue to remain with the rapidity, absorption and size of the USB contour.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
11/21/2011 4:38 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Velia, Raquel is very happy with the last of Menarini.There is no need code, very good absorption with very little sample, very comfortable because they come in boat, 5 seconds and very reliable.And there are no problems to get them.(Do not pay me commission :) A hug)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/21/2011 4:09 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.