Many doubts

montsefernandez's profile photo   10/30/2011 3:50 p.m.

Well, I wanted to ask you, many things, my mother is going to click 3 times a day, in the morning and at eating with what I think a round device is quickly insulin and at night with ball, I wanted to ask you if it is painful,If the daughter and amounts of meals have to be supercontrolled, she right now has put the dose of 8 and at night 16 I wanted to know if that is a lot, if from time to time she can eat sweet or not, because she loves andThat is what has worse, and if the descents are common or does not have because, if the kidneys can be damaged or with revisions it does not happen, when I continue to have more doubt I will ask you asking you, thank you very much.

montsefernandez's profile photo
montsefernandez
10/30/2011 3:50 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

To answer you better, it would be convenient for you to tell us what insulin your mother will be prick.

I imagine that the insulin of the night will be Lantus or Levemir and the other one that you comment will be NPH Innolet or Actrapid
But you better confirm it.

Has the medication change supervised the endocrine or has it been the header?

The sweet is not recommended, except in few exceptions ... and depending on the type of insulin that it leads, the degree of control of the disease, of the need to reduce weight ...

Food is important, very important and much more in a person with type 2 diabetes, and already in the insulin phase.
It is important because it will prevent glycemia drops (provided they eat the appropriate carbohydrates at each meal).

Insulin does not damage anything, it is precisely the opposite ... insulin "controls" the glucose we have in our blood and allows you to enter the muscles.
Without insulin, glucose circulates through the blood and ends up generating "plugs" in the arteries that give rise to the problems of view, kidney, heart etc.

It is likely that in your mother's case, your pancreas no longer produces sufficient insulin, so to prevent future problems, the only solution is to injject it.

Some links that can serve you:

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/30/2011 4:27 p.m.

Thank you very much for answering, the insulin has been put by the header, and the truth is that I do not know what the insulinas are called, I did not even know that there were several guys until Friday, I go to my mother's house to put onInsulin will be all day there with it since it is the first time and I do not want this alone and the truth is that it is a little scared, read the prosety of the insulin to know what they are and put it, one thing, theInsulina You must put every day at the same time or that Noo is a problem an hour up or down, thank you very much, I have not been able to sleep well tonight and I have taken from 6 in the morning raised turning it, thanks.

montsefernandez
10/31/2011 3:18 a.m.

I guess they will have given you a glucose meter.It is the one that can help the most to see if the insulin pattern is correct.
Mix it after dinner and wake up, to see if the basal dose is correct.And before and after meals to see if the rapid insulin dose is successful and correct possible hypoglycemia if they appear.It is very important to adjust insulin and hydrates to prevent hypoglycemia.
Little by little, but don't get obsessed ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/31/2011 10:49 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thank you Regina, a hypoglycemia, which is a sugar climb, the meter is?The sugar apparatus isn't?The one with the reactive strips, is it normal for yesterday to put on his first insulin day and not lower his sugar?Right now they are adjusting it but had the sugar before eating at 244 and then to 255, after eating it has been going down after dinner 243, is this normal until they adjust it?

montsefernandez
11/01/2011 4:10 a.m.

Montse, a hypoglycemia is a low sugar.The climb is hyperglycemia.

Regarding insulin adjustment, it usually takes time.They have probably put little to avoid hypoglycemia and run upwards as they see what he needs.

The glucometer is the device that measures blood glucose (blood sugar), yes, that of reactive strips.

Quiet that little by little they will find the right pattern.It is good, as Regina tells you, do glycemia controls, to see.

Health

DiabetesForo
11/01/2011 9:18 a.m.

Thanks Regina, a hypoglycemia, which is a sugar climb, the meter is? What is it?The sugar apparatus isn't?The one with the reactive strips, is it normal for yesterday to put on his first insulin day and not lower his sugar?Right now they are adjusting it but had the sugar before eating at 244 and then 255, after eating it has been going down after dinner 243, is this normal until they adjust it?

What Regina says is what to do ... At first it is necessary to do enough blood glucose controls to adjust the doses.
Depending on the type of insulin they will make a peak of action or another.

It is important to see when your mother is done glycemia controls, a value of one hour can give us wrong information and make erroneous decisions.

As a rule, if it carries ultrarapid insulin (Novorapid, Humalog or Apidra) it is convenient to do controls between 2 and 3 hours after injected and another control just before injected.
Thus we evaluate whether the dose of that insulin is adjusted to the amount of food (basically carbohydrates) that we have eaten.

For basal insulin (Lantus or Levemir) we have to look at glycemia as soon as they rise (fasting) and see how glycemias evolves between hours (if they go up or down between meals).

For mixed insulins it is somewhat more complex because they have different action peaks;A mixed 50, has 50% fast and 50% slow, so we will need to eat in 2 times to prevent hypos (provided the dose is well adjusted).

DiabetesForo
11/01/2011 1:46 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.