{'en': 'Cinnamon infusions?', 'es': '¿Infusiones de canela?'} Image

Cinnamon infusions?

ajd's profile photo   10/01/2013 1 p.m.

Maybe this topic is not new here in the forum but I have a doubt.

I have met a person who ensures that an acquaintance of his takes cinnamon infusions to better regulate his blood sugar level and I would like to know if any type 1 has tried them and if they have any positive effect or do not work.

Could anyone tell me something or some experience?

That person is type 2 for what I know but it is clicking a lot of insulin.

Thank you all.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
10/01/2013 1 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I have not yet met anyone with type 1 diabetes and with which the effectiveness of infusions, nor cinnamon, or Stevia, or another plant has really been contrasted.

As far as I am concerned, and with the experience I have on the subject, these remedies do not work.

fer's profile photo
fer
10/01/2013 1:23 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

You try.If it does not work for diabetes, you will always have its other better known effect (that is demonstrated) and nothing despicable.

Out jokes, no idea.I can't think of how an infusion can improve glucose levels:
- Extending the digestion of the HC?: With the same dose of insulin there would be a hypo and then a rush.With less dose, a last rush the insulin action time.
- Accelerating the digestion of the HC?: There would be a hyper, although it would then be hidden in the post-system measurement.But not an improvement.
- Processing the cinnamon the HC as insulin?: Would the discovery of the century for diabetes be ... insulin for mouth!
- Reprogramming cinnamon the autoimmune system?: Difficult to believe.

If you decide to try it, luck ... but be prepared for side effects.You never know.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
10/01/2013 1:54 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

No, if for these things I am very cautious, so I took the subject in the forum in case someone had first -hand information but there is no one to create anything that is heard.
I don't know, it will simply be the tiredness that this produces after so much time and a hope of healing that never comes.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
10/03/2013 12:29 p.m.

There are studies of a type of cinnamon that was used in India to lower glycemia -I don't remember if there were 10 or 20 points.I have tried with cinnamon powder and cinnamon infusions without noticing improvement.The chia in almond milk if it goes down as if I took metformin-- but it doesn't always give me that result.

zumo123's profile photo
zumo123
06/16/2015 6:42 a.m.

Hello!I took cinnamon infusions for 2 weeks continuously ... (to try to induce contractions for K, the childbirth will be advanced "Mee said k worked") and neither one thing nor the other ... like that k nothing!Paparruchas!

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
06/19/2015 3:03 p.m.

I have proven that the horsetail infusion lowers the sugar at least in my case, in addition to the 650 paracetamol also does so, it is best to have the sugar with insulin and some supplement but I will tell you that a double infusion ofHorsetail goes down the sugar a lot and you have to eat something so that you don't get off that one of my experiences

Alfonso Fernandez Martinez's profile photo
Alfonso Fernandez Martinez
04/08/2016 8:22 p.m.

The horse tail is diuretic and helps to lower weight ..,

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/08/2016 8:43 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

What is the best of that is that and I know that it is diuretic but in less than 1h notes the loss of sugar if it measures it

Alfonso Fernandez Martinez's profile photo
Alfonso Fernandez Martinez
04/08/2016 8:51 p.m.

I have taken the horse tail continuously, but for the retention of liquids, and if as a great diuretic, but for nothing more.
Of the rest of infusions and remedies that are heard to lower the sugar ... I don't believe anything !!

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
04/08/2016 11:38 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

ajd said:
maybe this topic is not new here in the forum but I have a doubt.I have met a person who ensures that an acquaintance of his infusions of cinnamon to better regulate his level of sugar in blood and I would like to know if any type 1 has tried them and if they have any positive effect or do not work, could anyone tell me somethingor any experience?
That person is type 2 for what I know but it is clicking a lot of insulin.
Thank you all.

In branch or powder that gives the most, you would have to take 30 times more than we normally took. Ahi cinnamon extract capsules with a ratio of 30: 1.

dandy's profile photo
dandy
05/12/2023 4:26 a.m.

DM1 hace 7 años 18u de Toujeo y lo que venga de Novorapid 8-8-4
Hemoglobina glicosilada: 9,7% el 25/10/2022
Sin complicaciones.

Cinnamon helps, its continued use yes, and in quantity.
You can use it as a complement, I take it in the coffee, but beware that it is Canela de Ceylan, the Cassia cinnamon has a lot of curamina I think it was called, which can be toxic to the liver.
Gengibre infusion also desimflam and is good.
I speak of type 2 diabetes, in Diabetes Lada or type 1 I do not know if it does something.
But don't wait miracles

Otabol's profile photo
Otabol
05/15/2023 12:30 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.