Information about insulin pump

Pele's profile photo   11/16/2011 11:22 a.m.

Hello, I am new in this forum, but an expert with the condition of my diabetes, which has been in tow for 23 years, I have 54 years today, I have been a good patient and I have maintained with excellent controls tothroughout this time, what does not take away, that the dose of insulin and the daily pichazos of the same has been increasing, I currently punish me 4 times, Lantus at night (42 und.) and 1 doseHumalog at each meal (9-10-10), so being true control, what I am is overwhelmed and somewhat tired of so much pichazo, love the controls with the glucometers, my question is as follows:
- If there is a professional who can guide me for the placement of the insulin pump.
- If seen the times I have to inject insulin, it would be preferential patient.
- As this situation in the Health Service of Castilla La Mancha Sescam), community of my residence, in concrete Ciudad Real.
Thank you before the opportunity given to all diabetes patients from this forum and for your help and collaboration.

All the best.

Pele's profile photo
Pele
11/16/2011 11:22 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Pele:
I don't know if there will be here but diabetes experts a few hehe;) and "Firefighters" are already enough.
As things are now I don't think you are preferential patient, especially if you have a good control and it is a shame because I consider that it is the best treatment that exists today and we should all be able to access if it is what we want.
They put it 6 years ago having an excellent control, but my endocrine considered that clicking 4 and 5 times a day to get that good control was "inhuman" and that's why he proposed it ... so I think it dependsMuch of your endocrine who has to prescribe it, so the first thing you should comment and tell him that you want the change.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/16/2011 11:42 a.m.

I have been "sweet" for a little time, but I also punish me 4 times a day, but some other correction from time to time ... At the moment I do not take it badly, and I would not like to change the method, but if I wanted to knowA little more about insulin bombs .. I have heard wonders of them, but it takes a little back to have to take it all day on ... someone who wants to tell their experience?Thanks: d

Lidia Márquez Rodríguez's profile photo
Lidia Márquez Rodríguez
11/16/2011 6:35 p.m.

26 años - DM1 desde 2010
Bomba insulina Minimed 640G - Uso Freestyle libre de forma discontinua

Well, here is a "bomber" ... hehehe. My experience is positive. You don't know what freedom gives you a small catheter every 3 days, and forget about (in my case) 5 daily punctures, that, if notI had to rectify ... or for example, be in a restorate, or in a concert, or at a meeting and not have to look for a bath to take out the ball and click (that if you do not want to be giving discounts to anyone)... And then the issue of taking it all day ... Yes, you take it all day, but come on, you just walk the potato the first 3 days. Then you get used to it. I take it in the bra, inThe center, hooked with a pinch, and from there or wiggled !!hehehehe .... so very happy. As everything, he has his pros and cons, not everything is great, nor all bad!

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
11/19/2011 4:53 a.m.

Kekiya, I'm new to the forum, but I have been reading for several months.
I have decided to enter because I wantI'd like.
My question is how to address the topic or what strategies you used to "convince" the need for its placement?And Kekiya, do you say that you have it held in the bra, it does not show in the summer for example that we are lighter of clothing '?
I would appreciate answers.
PD: My endocrine is in the provincial of Valencia.

DiabetesForo
02/04/2012 3:25 p.m.

Welcome to the forum, Patricia

The Provincial Hospital is the General Hospital, right?:-/ is that for names I am a total dismissal: Oops:

Well, in the General Hospital they do not put insulin bombs, so if your endo (is Dr. Ferrer or the Dr.mercante?) Access to put on the bomb they should send you to the peset, to the clinician or to the faith during the timethat you take it to put it (reeducation, learning and first adjustment visits) ... easily 2 or 3 months.
After that time you would go back to your endo and monitor you.

Keep in mind that the bomb is purchased by the hospital and yields to patients.
The cost of the pump+consumables (which is high), directly supports the hospital budget so not all are prone to pumps, much less but have their own program and you have to send them to another hospital.

You legally have the right to change your hospital or endocrine, which for the case is the same.
In Valencia, the endos that the bombs carry are:
- Dr. Ampudia in the hosp.Clinic ... almost impossible to take new patients
- Dr. Navas at Hospital La Fe
- Dr. Solá at Peset Hospital

You legally meet the requirements: Link ... -1217.pdf >
I would print that PDF from you and go with him to the consultation.
Surely you meet the legal requirements because almost 100% of patients with DM1 meet them.
In addition, the personal reasons have already exposed them: 20 years of punctures, bad metabolic control, hypoglycemia, demotivation ... so the change you have to argue explaining otherwise: you would save punctures and improve your quality of life, I would improve your control of your control ofDiabetes would have less chance of complications, you would win in motivation to continue controlling you after 20 years ...

The visibility of the pump depends on how adjusted the clothes are wearing ... its size is similar to a mobile, so to get an idea you can check it so.

DiabetesForo
02/05/2012 3:01 a.m.

Thanks for your good Owas information.Dr.Merchante treats me and yes, it is reluctant to address the pump theme.
In the following consultation I will speak it and if it denotes total disinterests, I will ask for an endocrine to the other hospitals.

A question: well, I suppose that if they grant it to you, are they who choose the model, or is there a possibility to choose it?I say PQ in particular I would like (I suppose that all) the smaller size and with more performance (if any).

Can you indicate current models to be able to inform me more?Thank you.

DiabetesForo
02/05/2012 10:44 a.m.

Well there is a wide variety ... of 2 :))
Roche:
Medtronic: http: //www.espana.medtronic-diabetes.eu ... index.html
There is also souls (although with a very small market share): <!

Medtronic has the possibility to connect the continuous glycemia meter (each patient has to pay separately).
The 2 share connectability with the traditional Bayer meter, contour link .... incomprehensible because you also have to have a get bodio meter also: shock:

Out of this, there are no differences.

DiabetesForo
02/05/2012 11:54 a.m.

I like the one that most of Medtronic, because it is the smallest size.

I have contacted the laboratory to go looking for support and arguments and lend themselves to help me get it, I don't know ... I HAVE LUCK.

Thanks Owas.

DiabetesForo
02/06/2012 4:56 p.m.

Hello Patricia, to see if there is luck and put it ... do not decay in your efforts, you know what follows it gets it.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/07/2012 4:45 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Thank you Velia, it is a bit "black" in Valencia, but since this month at the Hospital I am going, the endors are forced to take patients with a pump that is, to follow up and if they are not for the work, to put it, to put it,They must make a report and refer to another hospital where they "grant it."
My mother what you have to do for having the new therapy for the diabetic, nor that it was a whim, how is health or politics should say ....

DiabetesForo
02/07/2012 10:13 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.