Medtronic bomb

DiabetesForo's profile photo   11/22/2011 1:50 p.m.

Hello everyone.A few months ago my endocrine and I talked the possibility of putting on the bomb.Until yesterday that I had the appointment I was informing myself of the different types of bombs that exist and the one that convinced me was the Medtronic, especially because it is the only one that includes the glucose meter that is what interests me most because my main concernThey are hypoglycemia, I imagine that like everyone else, my diabetes is very irregular and if I want to lower my hem it has to be with the risk of descent.
The endocrine told me that for now I asked only the pump, that it warned you of hypoglycemia, but I see a bit difficult for the pump without sensors or continuous meter to detect them.
I hope you can help me.All the best.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/22/2011 1:50 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi, Candy.

If they offer you the bomb, my advice is to accept it without hesitation.You will improve control to be able to rationalize insulin much better.

There are several things that collide me: Does your endocrine let you choose a model?Normally endocrine decide which bomb prescribes.

On the other hand, the continuous meter does not usually subsidize social security, except in very particular cases.

And that the pump warns of hypoglycemia is not true, unless it is working together with the meter.

What hospital do they take you?

Health

DiabetesForo
11/22/2011 2:29 p.m.

Hello Alea.
First, thanks for answering.I think I have explained badly, it is not that they let me choose, I simply told him that I had seen a bomb that could be included a meter and the endocrine told me that this same bomb is what he usually recommends, but without theMeter, and told me that, that the pump warned of hypoglycemia.To me the truth is that it missed me enough that I let you know if there is no sensor that detects it.
The clinic is paid, I am for MuFACE and my insurer is Asisa, but I think that as in social security they do not subsidize the meter.
The fact of putting the pump every time I have it clearer, in fact the endocrine told me that at the moment I would request the pump and that I would see if I thought it was necessary to put on the meter.A question, do you wear the meter?I have seen on the Internet that sometimes the results of the meter do not coincide with those of the glucometer and the endocrine told me some of that too.
Thank you so much.Greetings

DiabetesForo
11/24/2011 3:21 p.m.

Hi, Candy.
The one with diabetes is not me, but my daughter.

She doesn't wear the meter.He has taken him a few days.In this forum there are a few meter users.I think like your endocrine.First ask the pump and then you will think about the meter.Taking bomb is already changing things enough.

Health

DiabetesForo
11/24/2011 7:08 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.