Dexcom (allergy)

Epic2008's profile photo   11/28/2011 11:29 p.m.

Hello friends, has the Dexcom sensor allergy allergy?After 4 or 5 boxes of sensor spent at the moment 16 days ago I started redness around the sensor and has been a bestial !!They have been wounded !!I put another in the other abdomen area and goes on the same path !!What development allergy to Dexcom !!Such is the affected area, which may not leave room to place another sensor !!I'm very concerned !!Has anyone happened to anyone?
Thank you.

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
11/28/2011 11:29 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Consult it with the dermatologist and see what solution he proposes.

And if it has no solution, I buy the Dexcom for ... mmmmh ... 100 euros !!:)) :)) :)) :))

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
11/29/2011 5:24 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Do not laugh, what has already gone through my head to sell it !!Ha ha
With how good it goes !!!
All the best

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
11/29/2011 5:41 a.m.

Surely the dermatologist gives you a solution.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
11/29/2011 10:20 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

I have contacted Novolab and they have told me that they will solve it, starting to change my sensor and try various ways of putting the sensor.?

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
11/29/2011 12:23 p.m.

Do you use the gauze those that Novalab sells indicated for those cases?It sticks on the skin and on that the sensor, I don't remember the name.
Grondullo for you I have a Dexcom for € 650.The transmitter has less than 5 mens.It is from the US, Jiji.
All the best

superman1's profile photo
superman1
11/29/2011 5:22 p.m.

That is one of the tests that we are going to perform.They send me those apostites to try them.And they change my sensor.
All the best

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
11/30/2011 2:33 a.m.

Hello everyone
I will tell you that although I have almost 100 patients with Dexcom I have been lucky enough to have a case of sensor allergy , but if I have heard that in the USA there have been a total of 3 cases and it was not to the apostitesNot to the tape that after changing it all the allergy remained, it is a matter of biocompatibility, they changed sensor for another brand and the problem was solved
I don't want to discourage you, you have to think that if the problem continues, you could have to change.
If I would be interested that you were informed to <!Your problem
all the best
DR Antuña de Alaiz

ANTUÑA's profile photo
ANTUÑA
12/03/2011 3:49 a.m.

Doctor Antuña, is an honor and pleasure to have your participation in our forum.

I know him personally because my daughter Celia has been her patient.Now we don't live in Asturias.And, for those who do not know, Dr. Ramiro Antuña is the creator of our header website when consulting diabetes: > Link and a great reputation endocrinologist.

We will love to continue participating.

An affectionate greeting.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/03/2011 10:02 a.m.

My son has had allergy problems with the Medtronic Guardian's dressings and we had to change.(proven allergy by allergologist).Now we use the Dexcom for 3 weeks, changing it every 7 days, but it is beginning to have some erythema.
The same is starting to happen to me with the dressing pump dressing (we still maintain the Medtronic pump).They tell me that it is very rare, but the truth is that I am very worried.
Has anyone happened to someone?How have you solved it?
We tried to put Skin Tac and it also happened.

Andresillo's profile photo
Andresillo
07/22/2017 5:15 p.m.

epic2008 said:
Hello friends, has the Dexcom sensor allergy allergy?After 4 or 5 boxes of sensor spent at the moment 16 days ago I started redness around the sensor and has been a bestial !!They have been wounded !!I put another in the other abdomen area and goes on the same path !!What development allergy to Dexcom !!Such is the affected area, which may not leave room to place another sensor !!I'm very concerned !!Has anyone happened to anyone?
Thank you.

Be careful with sweat, to see if it wasn't for the sensor.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/22/2017 9:37 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Hi Andresillo.

Andresillo said:
My son has had allergy problems with the Medtronic Guardian dressings and we had to change.(proven allergy by allergologist).Now we use the Dexcom for 3 weeks, changing it every 7 days, but it is beginning to have some erythema.
The same is starting to happen to me with the dressing pump dressing (we still maintain the Medtronic pump).They tell me that it is very rare, but the truth is that I am very worried.
Has anyone happened to someone?How have you solved it?
We try to put Skin Tac and it also happened.

Hello.My mother, I read you and it is exactly what happened to our daughter Berta.He has 780g Minimed since January (4 months) with the Guardian Sensor 3 and this has caused injuries in the tremendous arms.We did not know if it was the sensor, the transmitter (some acrylic component) but they have tested joy, giving that it is allergic to colfonia (also called abyetic acid), present in adhesives / dressings.And in principle it is also present in the fixation of the pump catheter (Quick Set).
Right now we are with Abbot's freestyle, because I used it before and I was doing very well, but now with the manual bomb.
As for Berta's catheter, sometimes some granite or slight redness comes out, but at the moment nothing to do with the sensor, and continues with the pump.
We have been told by the Dexcom option, because they believe it has no colophony, but they have not yet confirmed it and as it is not funded by the social S. we are waiting.But it has discouraged me a lot to read you.
Let's see if in the future this improves and we find a solution.Having tried a closed handle system (automatic sensor pump) and now go back is a tremendous penalty.

SweetBerta's profile photo
SweetBerta
05/14/2021 12:08 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.