Lantus forgetfulness

DiabetesForo's profile photo   12/03/2011 10:56 p.m.

Hello everyone, to see if someone can help me because I do not know what to do, the case is that I am type 1 diabetic since the month of March and in the month of August enter the honeymoon and I am only clicking the lantus each24 hours, but today when I have the mobile fully downloaded, I do not sound the alarm that is the one that warns me of the puncture, well, the fact is that I completely forget and I just realized at four in the morning and I did not knowWhat to do.Everyone and thank you very much.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/03/2011 10:56 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello island,
I have happened to me recently, I forget to wear it at night, I put it after dinner, as I am on a honeymoon because when I woke up I did not have a high value, but I get fast, what I did was spend the whole dayWith the fast, and then at night I put on the lantus, and it went well, but of course, you do not get fast, to see if someone tells you something, look more often to see what values ​​you are having, and if it isVery tall correct quickly
Greetings

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
12/04/2011 12:23 a.m.

I would put it with fewer units as soon as you can.
Make a rule of three and calculate it by throwing under your.

As Anabeg told you, get many controls and check what values ​​you have so as not to be very high ...
If you have constant values ​​greater than 300 go to the hospital and comment on the case.The danger with these values ​​is that you have ketones and there you can have problems.
You could even look at the ketone in urine, in the pharmacy they sell strips to check the acetone, they are cheap.

It is rare that you can have serious problems, maybe you even spend the day with good values.But if you have high glycemia, about 150-200 all day, you shouldn't have anything.

DiabetesForo
12/04/2011 2:45 a.m.

Being on a honeymoon and with good controls the endocrine told me to make one a day, taking note of their advice today I will make them more followed, for now I have not punctured and I am with 98 before breakfast.It goes, anyway although I am not clicking it I also have the apidra at home and in any case the useful useful thanks for the advice and greetings

DiabetesForo
12/04/2011 6:03 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.