Bolus Wizard

Martina's profile photo   12/07/2011 6:35 p.m.

Good night to all,

I have a few doubts in reference to Bous Wizard of the Medtronic Bomb.

My girl is 10 years old, I suppose it is an important fact to regulate the pump, for the issue of hormones.

Insulin: Novorapid, configuration we have placed: 4 hours, objective value 120-120.

Questions:

-If the value at 4 hours is not the goal: what is decided to change the sensitivity or the ratio of carbohydrates or the basal?Do you look at the potpandrial curve: maximum value, slope ...?.Is the configuration that I have good?

Martina's profile photo
Martina
12/07/2011 6:35 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I use the Wizard Bolus but as a guidance, the decision in the end takes it, because the pump does not distinguish what types of hydrates you are going to eat, nor the amount of fat in the food, nor the proteins etc, influence so many things inthe post .. if only the hydrates were how easy everything would be;) .....
In a child I imagine that the ratio and sensitivity are constantly changing, right?I understand that they need more insulin as they grow so everything will have to be changing ...
In my case, as a quite stable adult if the posts would fail the ratio ....

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/08/2011 5:23 a.m.

Thank you very much for answering, but, if not much ask, how do you consider fats and proteins?
We only count carbohydrates, with the occasional difficulty because there are foods that do not add up to blood glucose results.

Martina's profile photo
Martina
12/08/2011 7:40 a.m.

Well, a little because of the experience, meals with a lotIt happens if as a lot of protein, at 2 hours I have a good blood glucose and at 3 or 4 hours by the clouds .....
In meals so I usually measure myself at 2 hours or 2 hours and then at 3 or 4 hours to correct if necessary, I almost always need to correct: Mrgreen:
The only thing that is worth here is the trial, there is no other ... because each diabetic we are different.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/08/2011 8:06 a.m.

Thanks Prado,

But what does it mean that food has a lot of fat or protein?Do you look at the fat and protein of food to eat and if there are x grams you put the bolus quadled?

We have a difficulty in regulating dinner, when we do not have a hypo or a very low value when going to sleep (therefore you give it hydrates) we have a hyper and it is difficult to get up with a good value in the morning.We have tried to go down/rise from the Wizard bolus, go up or down the hours of going to sleep ... but there is no way.Do you have any suggestions?

Martina's profile photo
Martina
12/09/2011 2:45 p.m.

Martina, your daughter's age is complicated, at least for us it was ... hormones play an important role and that is why there are times that the results are unpredictable.
I, as meadow, take into account the fats and proteins (you do not see how they upload to Ángela and Juan Luis the roast chicken, or the grilled veal, less, the grilled chicken), and as I have already commented onMany occasions in the forum, except breakfast, the other intake I cover them with a dual bolus, a good part in normal and the rest in a square of 2 hours or so ...
As a advice for dinner, not to innovate, try to give it more or less the same hydrates, as an example I will tell you that for years Ángela cented roasted potato accompanied by chicken breast, or turkey, or oven fish ... it was the only wayto not have too many setbacks ...

Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/12/2011 4:44 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Thank you very much Velia,

I have tried to give the same every night but that does not get us, I will try your night menu to see if it is better.

I have more questions in the inkwell.

What amount of proteins or fats should you take to decide to put the dual, or simply with proteins or fats you already put a dual?
Fats: Salad olive oil would be enough to decide to put a dual?
What proportion do you put in the dual?
Do you take into account the glycemic index?

I know they are many questions, thank you very much.

Martina's profile photo
Martina
12/12/2011 6:53 p.m.

For example, I use a dual when as a rice, for example, or pasta, or when I go to the McDonalds ... Well, if I wear a normal bolus, at 2 hours or 3 hours, I am in 200 and peak!
Now that the Bolus Wizard have scheduled, I'm going, learning, and it's a impression pain.:)) :)) :))
What is worth one day at breakfast, the next day, eating and doing the same, I appear in 200 and peak almost 300 !!Come on, and now that I am learning based on having hyperglycemia, I have to have a hem that better not know ... but well, it is what there is ..

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
12/13/2011 4:18 a.m.

Good night,

Thanks for answering us.

Martina's profile photo
Martina
12/14/2011 5:11 p.m.

Martina, I put dual bolus at food, snack and dinner and I do take into account the glycemic index.For a normal meal, I usually put 55-60% in normal and the rest in a cuadrado of 2 hours and starting from there I vary ... if you take rice or meals with high glycemic index, I put much more in normal and ifTake pasta, pizza, hamburger with potatoes I put more in square and lengthen time, in addition to adding some unit to the total.
Dual Bolus cost, but once you take the quiet, the truth is they make a great function ... avoid hypos at 2 hours or before and of course hyper after the post.So much patience and see if you work.
On the other hand, apologize because the post was Bolus Wizard, and I understood it badly ... I have the head elsebomb and make a more complete analysis, and I do not use it because Angela has changed her very frequent requirement, it is not like an adult that her guidelines are more fixed, and the truth is lazy to be constantly configuring the bomb ... however, you can like to use it orientatively ...
Keep asking, and if you want at any time we talk, tell me privately and make my tfno easier.
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/16/2011 5:23 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Thanks Velia,

I just sent you my phone by private or at least I think that is not my forte.
You explain very well, but I am almost new in this and I need to assimilate it.

Thank you

Martina's profile photo
Martina
12/16/2011 6:12 p.m.

Martina, I send you a private with my tfno.Because nothing has come to me.Let's see if you receive it.
A hug.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/17/2011 12:32 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.