Moccos, fever and diabetes.

paris's profile photo   12/28/2011 8:08 a.m.

Hello everyone!.I wanted to ask you a question.I spend the fatal when my daughter reproduced and starts with a fever.It makes ketone bodies very easily, and we have to go quickly to eliminate them.The problem is the nights ... is that they terrify me!When Malita is all night controlling her because she scares me, what do you do when your children are marsh?How often do you look at the ketone bodies?, And do they do them very easily?I would like you to tell me your experiences ... Thank you

paris's profile photo
paris
12/28/2011 8:08 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Do not overwhelm.When there are ketones, I increase the rapid hydrates (juices, coca normal cola, jelly, etc.), alleged almost entirely fats, increase insulin on demand to be able to give those fast hydrates and try to rest.A lot of liquid and control every two hours or so.And with that it is usually enough.
Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/28/2011 10:12 a.m.

Thanks alea! What happens is that with normal figures you are having ketone bodies, so I have to look at them continuously ... and the strips do not give me !!!!!!It happens to you the same as with normal figures makes ketone bodies ????

paris's profile photo
paris
12/29/2011 8:21 a.m.

The ketone bodies are not only due to high glycemia.They can also appear with infections or other processes.I have a sister who is not diabetic and that as a child, every time I got sick with a fever, I had acetone that my mother corrected with sweets.
If they do not give you blood strips, apart from claiming, you can buy urine in the pharmacy.They are not so precise, but they serve to guide you.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/29/2011 9:38 a.m.

Thanks Alea, many kisses from Malaga!

paris's profile photo
paris
12/30/2011 3:58 p.m.

Hello !!!!!!... I feel so sad and helpless

nahara28's profile photo
nahara28
10/16/2013 11:41 a.m.

Nahara What guideline has insulin?It seems that you have no insulin at night and lack day ... you will surely need more insulin in meals

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/16/2013 12:08 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hi Nahara, the strips of blood ketone bodies work in the same way as those of capillary glucose determination.Of course, you have to have a glucometer that also measures the ketones ... we use the optium free style, which measures both glucose and ketone bodies ... The strips are also different, but the use is the same for the 2 processes.
Nahara, the principles are a bit complicated, until one assimilates what has happened and learns about portions, glycemic indices, insulins and their action curves, exercise ... for those learning will be your best ally.
Where are they being treated?What guidelines do you have?Come, a lot of encouragement and here you have us for what you need, that we already have some experience.
A hug

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/17/2013 6:47 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Alea, a question ...

I don't understand why when you have ketones, do you give you rapid absorption and insulin hydrates ... wouldn't it be enough to put insulin?I haven't had bad yet and that blood glucose is triggered ...:-/

Thank you.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
10/17/2013 7:04 a.m.

Hi Mimbek, this would be the explanation:

"The ketone or ketone bodies are fat products.The cells.

When a person without diabetes is fasting for many hours or is vomiting a lot, ketones can also occur.In this case they occur due to lack of glucose.When the sugar is missing the cells will burn fats to obtain the energy they need "

Of course, if you have a glycemia greater than 250 you should not take fast carbohydrates, first you will have to correct it and when the figures are lower than that figure to start the intake of sugary juices, cocacola, etc.compensating with fast insulin.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/17/2013 7:13 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Understood!My problem has been that I thought that was being for example to 350, so I did not see logical to eat hydrates.Thank you very much Velia.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
10/17/2013 7:20 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.