DM1 and Metformin

Karla Natalia's profile photo   01/11/2012 8:40 p.m.

Hello my preferred doctor: D today was my appointment with the endocrine and I stop treatment Lantus 16-0-0 and 500mg metformin at the time of food .... and read that metformin is contraindicated in the DM1 andI am afraid to take it, what do you think ?????Next point I want to get pregnant, I can do it by taking metformin ????

For your support thanks, Atte: your patient !!!!

Karla Natalia's profile photo
Karla Natalia
01/11/2012 8:40 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I leave you the link of this same theme that was already discussed a long time ago

In case it serves you.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/12/2012 4:52 a.m.

Metformin is not contraindicated in the DM1, sometimes it is prescribed to the people who debut with DM1 or the start of the disease since very little insulin is usually needed at that time (and with insulin you can suffer hypoglycemia while with theMetformin no).

If what you have the DM1 and you are with the "honeymoon" can be perfectly with that combination (basal insulin + metformin) over time the "honeymoon" is over, you will have to go up the dose of insulinbasal and will replace metformin with rapid insulin.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/12/2012 3:18 p.m.

Elena Thank you very much for the link I am definitely going through what Samira has already happened;In the same way, thank you very much, your words give me security and reatify the information.

Now my big doubt pregnancy: o

At the moment I say goodbye to my unconditional support.I am very grateful to this page and to you who do it, you are changing my concept of pathology .. it is driving me to have quality of life.

Force-Exit-Happy Numbers

THANK YOU

Karla Natalia's profile photo
Karla Natalia
01/13/2012 1:18 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.