{'en': 'Gumless gum, do glycemics upload?', 'es': 'Chicles sin azucar, ¿suben la glucémia?'} Image

Gumless gum, do glycemics upload?

laurita11977's profile photo   10/23/2013 5:52 p.m.

Hello,

A silly question, can sugar gum up the blood glucose?

The other day I ate one and without any meaning soon had it quite high that it is not associated with anything.

I have seen that it carries polyalcohols but I do not know if it is enough to raise you 40 or 50.

Thank you!

laurita11977's profile photo
laurita11977
10/23/2013 5:52 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

noooo

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/23/2013 5:56 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

In those who sell in the mercadona in ponian bags that had carbohydrates were very few so I don't think they go up.
All the best

campanilla's profile photo
campanilla
10/23/2013 9:01 p.m.

@campanilla, years ago (since I stop smoking) that I use gum (trident) and I have never found any relationship, and that in one day I can have taken up to 10 or so ... Based on my experience, there is no relationshipsome.

Sometimes glucose meters give different results, according to the finger that is click, I have seen up to 30 mg/dl difference.

What other causes can explain the climb?

fer's profile photo
fer
10/24/2013 4:16 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I also eaten many gum but as I always had it high I can not tell you whether or not they went up
But come on, I don't think they upload anything because what I put in the bags I don't know if 30 gum or so it was 1gr of hydrates hehe (that and nothing is hehe)
A health

campanilla's profile photo
campanilla
10/24/2013 5:37 a.m.

Oysters then I don't understand anything, to see if they have escaped one with sugar inside the package !!

laurita11977's profile photo
laurita11977
10/24/2013 6:52 a.m.

If they are without sugar .... they are without sugar.In the case, how much does a gum weigh?3 grams?5?Even if it was pure glucose I don't think it affects you a lot

PD: I have come to see variations of 80 mg/dl.There are many causes for this, such as the first drop of blood, it is supposed to be different from the second, that the meters are not exact, the finger in which you click

farstar's profile photo
farstar
10/24/2013 2:59 p.m.

My doctor told me to always discard the first drop of blood, that the measurement did it with the second.

Andrómeda's profile photo
Andrómeda
05/13/2015 12:50 p.m.

DMII desde marzo 2015 Ristfor 50/1000 mañana y noche. Estabilizada. 47 años.

hi!!!Well look, according to my experience, if you take a single gum, even with sugar, it doesn't suddenly give you that high.Yes, it is true that having eaten many gum (but many really, almost reaching the addiction hahaha) does the blood glucose rise enough, it will be because of the hydrates that are gradually adding or something, but there I have yes that I haveNoted, besides several days, I already tell you that I usually eat many gum.

But the explanation of your glucose rise cannot be that simple gum, of course.

_10ea's profile photo
_10ea
08/28/2015 3:24 p.m.

Sugar -free gum if they carry sugars - alcohol such as erythrol, maltitol, xilitol and everyone else - the blood glucose can rise even if they have a low glycemic index.Recall that they are sugars, here the stevavol enters too.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/11/2016 2:48 p.m.

There are three monosacarids that go through the blood, one is glucose, another is the fructose and another is the galactose proving of milk.

DiabetesForo
12/11/2016 2:51 p.m.

Fuososa and galactose can cause disease.Thus, not glucose.

DiabetesForo
12/11/2016 2:55 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.