Existential doubts, does this happen to anyone?

xio91's profile photo   10/25/2013 9:53 a.m.

As you all know, we have 1 called "Honeymoon".Well, it usually occurs when you are just diagnosed with diabetes since it gives off all the insulin your pancreas.My question is, is it possible to have 2 honey moons per year?If you answer no, you are wrong!Every year they enter me twice, they make me test of all kinds and do not give a conclusion.I would like to know if someone happens to someone.
Another question that I would like to know ... I am diabetes (20 years), I have multiple sclerosis (1 year) and Celiaquia (4 years), with only 22 years, does anyone have this type of disease?
(I think I'm the only one)

xio91's profile photo
xio91
10/25/2013 9:53 a.m.

25 años y Granaina! Diabetes Mellitus (Tipo 1) desde 1993, Asma Bronquial y Bronquitis crónica 2009, Celiacuia 2011 y mi ultima amiga Esclerosis Múltiple (2013).
No luches contra ellas, baila con ellas!
Tresiba 0-0-22 Novorapid 0-4-5 Freestyle Libre y I-port

Hi Xio91,

First, I have more years of evolution than you, just like my partners in the forum (you said in your presentation post that you are the most years of evolution, let me tell you that you are wrong).
And second, the Luna de Honey phenomenon only takes place once in the evolution of diabetes, at first.I wish it occurred more times, but it is completely impossible for beta cells to regenerate.As you should know, what causes diabees, is the destruction of these beta cells (insulin producers) by the autoimmune system, and during the honeymoon, they just released all insulin, which when it ends, ends.
You cannot affirm so flatly that we are wrong if we answer no.How can you confirm it if you say, not even the doctors of give a conclusion?I would appreciate you to make sure of things before confirming them so flatly.Many people read this forum in search of information and we must be able to provide it as certainly as possible.

As for your second existential doubt, luckily, I only suffer from one of your diseases, although with what you have commented on the "honeymoon", I am not so clear ...

All the best,

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
10/25/2013 12:11 p.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

The "call x" can be called as we want, to be honey moon or not, it is something else.Your thing can be any other problem, it is seen that the lottery has touched you.

I have a question, beta cells do not regenerate like all the others?I thought that these cells continued to regenerate but the autoimmune response continued to kill them, from there you make a c peptide will never give you 0

farstar's profile photo
farstar
10/25/2013 1:44 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Farstar said:
The "called x" can be called as we want, to be a honeymoon or not, it is something else.Your thing can be any other problem, it is seen that the lottery has touched you.

I have a question, beta cells do not regenerate like all the others?I thought that these cells continued to regenerate but the autoimmune response continued to kill them, so that if you make a c peptide, it will never give you 0

Farstar, now that you say it, I do not know safely ... what is certain that after the honeymoon, do not secrete insulin, at least in my body.

I understand that no, but that everyone will take their conclusions

Link
Link

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
10/25/2013 1:53 p.m.

DM1 desde 1991

Eye, I do not say that there are Beta cells, I only say that maybe they regenerate, but they die before being useful, which is basically as if there were no.

In the case that gives the most ... honeymoon there is only 1. because if there were more, it would mean that your cells still produce insulin, and that would not be a type 1 diabetes. The honeymoon is the death of those cells that stillThey try to contribute something for months or years.

farstar's profile photo
farstar
10/25/2013 2:55 p.m.

Farstar said:
Eye, I do not say that there are Beta cells, I only say that maybe they regenerate, but die before being useful, which is basically as if there were no.

In the case that gives the most ... honeymoon there is only 1. because if there were more, it would mean that your cells still produce insulin, and that would not be a type 1 diabetes. The honeymoon is the death of those cells that stillThey try to contribute something for months or years.

Nothing to add Farstar;)

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
10/25/2013 4:22 p.m.

DM1 desde 1991

Intruda said:
Hi Xio91,

First, I have more years of evolution than you, just like my partners in the forum (you said in your presentation post that you are the most years of evolution, let me tell you that you are wrong).
And second, the Luna de Honey phenomenon only takes place once in the evolution of diabetes, at first.I wish it occurred more times, but it is completely impossible for beta cells to regenerate.As you should know, what causes diabees, is the destruction of these beta cells (insulin producers) by the autoimmune system, and during the honeymoon, they just released all insulin, which when it ends, ends.
You cannot affirm so flatly that we are wrong if we answer no.How can you confirm it if you say, not even the doctors of give a conclusion?I would appreciate you to make sure of things before confirming them so flatly.Many people read this forum in search of information and we must be able to provide it as certainly as possible.

As for your second existential doubt, luckily, I only suffer from one of your diseases, although with what you have commented on the "honeymoon", I am not so clear ...

All the best,

To start I have medical papers where they say I have loss of sugar, 2 times a year and they occur more or less for similar times.To verify that they did not lie, they entered me several times and saw that what I said was correct, as well, I do daily sport, I measure by weight and hydrates every meal, until once (6 months) stopped clicking my insulin fast, I only had the callAt that time Insulatard (I don't know if it still exists).I went to payment doctors and they told me that not only is type 1 and type 2 diabetes, there are other classes and that possibly I was another class.
My basal hemoglobin does not fall from 7.9%, they changed my insulin put me a new diet, I lost a lot of weight (16 kg in 1 month), now only 39 kg weight and I measure 157. I do not take saturated fats.I avoid sweets.I often avoid carbohydrates.I don't take salt.I take very little oil (only 1 spoon per day).
Anyway, now in case you don't know, there is a chip that puts it in your hand, to stop clicking on your fingers.They will try to put it to me.In addition to an insulin pump to try to control sugar.
I have my whole body full of packages because of the clicks (4 per day) + Avonex (multiple sclerosis), so they want to try the insulin pump in me.
And well this is all, I have several medical documents in which they say "exceptional" honeymoon ", every year 2 times :).

xio91's profile photo
xio91
10/25/2013 7:49 p.m.

25 años y Granaina! Diabetes Mellitus (Tipo 1) desde 1993, Asma Bronquial y Bronquitis crónica 2009, Celiacuia 2011 y mi ultima amiga Esclerosis Múltiple (2013).

Well, there is something that escapes me xio91, with 39 kg.Weight do not take more than a tablespoon of oil, avoid HC, s and do a lot of sport? ... What kind of insulin do you use? If you get fast insulin and do not drink hydrates you will have imorting drops, that sure.You say they changed the insulin and put a new diet, and that for (I say about the diet).I don't know, knowing how to count rations, as you say, having that weight, exercising regularly, what do they put diet? Because my daughter is 15 years old and takes everything, absolutely everything.
You tell me if you think.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/26/2013 7:59 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Velia said:
Well there is something that escapes me xio91, with 39 kg.Weight do not take more than a tablespoon of oil, avoid HC, s and do a lot of sport? ... What kind of insulin do you use? If you get fast insulin and do not take hydrates you will have important declines, that sure.You say they changed the insulin and put a new diet, and that for (I say about the diet).I don't know, knowing how to count rations, as you say, having that weight, exercising regularly, what do they put diet? Because my daughter is 15 years old and takes everything, absolutely everything.
You tell me if you think.

They changed me to the Lantus 20 at night at 11, I played for multiple sclerosis and to avoid punctures, now I wear 0-3-3 (I am also sensitive to insulin), before I put on 0-6-4-6.On the diet, being celiac had to change for example the yogurts skimmed by sugary danones, since there are some "glutenless" in Mercadona and low in fat and sugars, but I don't like anything.They changed breakfast, before I had a glass of cereals with milk, now I can't drink milk, I feel bad, so they changed me to a "natural" juice and 3 cookies.All this among other things.
What I tell you schensAnd I am not a very normal girl.Weight food and measured as my dietitian told me.
Oh and the gym I will also make muscle, because I have lost muscle mass, of the punctures I have sunk part of the leg, arms and buttocks.

xio91's profile photo
xio91
10/26/2013 10:39 a.m.

20 units of slow and 6 fast per day?I don't know, but it seems bad proportion ... I know enough diabetic and celiac people and have no problem adjusting their doses.In one of your pos you say that you weigh and measure the hydrates, which does use the diet by portions .... you take to breakfast juice and 3 cookies, bone 3.5 rations of HC, s and do not you put insulin ???? How many times do you measure yourself a day?And another thing ... have you left me very intrigued with the honeymoon, could you tell me the name of the doctor who treats you and the hospital you belong to?I have no problem talking to him, I have sometimes called a hospital and I have spoken with the endocrinological team to clarify some issues that worried me.

greetings

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/26/2013 12:14 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Well, what surprises me is that with 39 kg you get no less than 20 units of Lantus, exercise and being sensitive to insulin, as you say, because it does not fit me.You would have.to have enough hypoglycemia

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/26/2013 1:12 p.m.

Velia said:
20 units of slow and 6 fast per day?I don't know, but it seems bad proportion ... I know enough diabetic and celiac people and have no problem adjusting their doses.In one of your pos you say that you weigh and measure the hydrates, which does use the diet by portions .... you take to breakfast juice and 3 cookies, bone 3.5 rations of HC, s and do not you put insulin ???? How many times do you measure yourself a day?And another thing ... have you left me very intrigued with the honeymoon, could you tell me the name of the doctor who treats you and the hospital you belong to?I have no problem talking to him, I have sometimes called a hospital and I have spoken with the endocrinological team to clarify some issues that worried me.

greetings

They have already taken 4 different doctors, but the last one who saw me was called Dr. Torres Vela Hospital Clinico de Granada.
Another thing, ask if you know all medical reports if you do not believe me and the forum question was: someone happens to someone?SIMPLE.
Another endocrine doctor who took Piedrola Maroto, Granada.

xio91's profile photo
xio91
10/26/2013 2:50 p.m.

The right of access to a patient's medical history is restricted, so not, I cannot ask for anyone's reports, nor do I intend to it.

We have asked you some questions of your treatment that you have not answered, the times you do controls a day, how strange that it seems that you do not injepe insulin at breakfast taking hydrates being in that time slot, in general, in which more resistanceTo insulin occurs, the decompensation so great that there is between basal and fast insulin ... They are data that are striking, knowing that each of us function in a different way.If we add to that that your hem is high and you fail to lower it, that you suffer frequent hypoglycemia, because it has raised interest, more than anything in case I occur to me something to suggest.

Greetings

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/26/2013 3:16 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Velia said:

greetings

Sorry I have forgotten to answer that the doses are calculated from time to time, I measure me 7 times a day and my mean is 150, but I have many peaks.Also the injection of multiple sclerosis affects me since it has several side effects and I have to counteract them by taking medication.I also take away my appetite so it is difficult to control sometimes, I really do not measure the proportions since my mother does it, I know it is a serious problem that.Picos?I am not regulated alone, for example: at 11 I put the lantus and at 3 I usually try the sugar to see how the lantus is working, I usually have it at 210, in the morning I get up with a 9-120 sugar,On an empty stomach with Lantus (I have submitted to operations that I had to be fasting +20 h) I don't get off or get on me.
On the concern you have before the "honey moons", it happens to me every 2 times a year, it is usually spring and autumn, I do not wear fast and like what I want and my sugar does not go up.They already tested the pancreas where I had no insulin (at that time).
In the morning I do not need insulin, any kind with the Lantus is enough for me, I take 3 normal cookies (I cannot integral and there is no sugar and gluten without) and my juice.I go to class and at 11:30 in the morning I have it at 120, I take an apple or a fruit and I get home 150.
The last thing is that we all have a different body, in the books of which doctors (endocrine) study are all the same, but we each have a totally different body.Example: The two honey moons, the no total need for fast insulin (doing sports) or multiple sclerosis (I have not had any outbreak for more than a year, it is something peculiar and weird to see)

xio91's profile photo
xio91
10/26/2013 3:32 p.m.

I am not a doctor, that to begin with, but it occurs to me that it is left over basal, because ingesting all those portions throughout the morning and being more or less stable, the intermediate values ​​would have to be seen, it indicates that you are covering the intakes with theLantusI doubt that if you would not have breakfast and mid -morning you were with normal controls.The Lantus may cover the intakes but at the cost of having a very high intermediate value (peaks).Have you not put the continuous meter?You could suggest it to your doctor, yes, make it that I leave it at least for 1 month, which is when you could analyze a little how your body reacts.
As for the honeymoon, and Farstar and Intruda have perfectly explained what it is, so that you had another honeymoon would have to regenerate pancreatic cells and they work perfectly, and that I fear that it is not possible ... Before I lean to some bad absorption of hydrates (due to celiacy?) That would allow youor to have a lada diabetes.But both one thing and the other, you would have to have adequate guidelines that would allow you to have a better quality of life.I think you've commented that they will put the bomb, surely when you have well adjusted the patterns you will be much better controlled, you will have many less hypos and much less peaks and you will feel much better ...
Cheer up!

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/26/2013 3:50 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

I am not a doctor, that to start, but it occurs to me that it is left over basal, because ingesting all those portions throughout the morning and being more or less stable, it would be necessary to see the intermediate values,Indicates that you are covering the intakes with the Lantus.I doubt that if you would not have breakfast and mid -morning you were with normal controls.The Lantus may cover the intakes but at the cost of having a very high intermediate value (peaks).Have you not put the continuous meter?You could suggest it to your doctor, yes, make it that I leave it at least for 1 month, which is when you could analyze a little how your body reacts.
As for the honeymoon, and Farstar and Intruda have perfectly explained what it is, so that you had another honeymoon would have to regenerate pancreatic cells and they work perfectly, and that I fear that it is not possible ... Before I lean to some bad absorption of hydrates (due to celiacy?) That would allow youor to have a lada diabetes.But both one thing and the other, you would have to have adequate guidelines that would allow you to have a better quality of life.I think you've commented that they will put the bomb, surely when you have well adjusted the patterns you will be much better controlled, you will have many less hypos and much less peaks and you will feel much better ...
Courage!

Thank you

xio91's profile photo
xio91
10/26/2013 4:04 p.m.

Among everything you have said, I was also surprised what you said of the chip in my hand so you don't have to click on your fingers.Does that exist?Are you getting here in Spain?What advances!

valky's profile photo
valky
10/26/2013 9:05 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

@valki, below you have a link of this same forum, open by our beloved Owash.I did not remember that it had talked about this here ...

Link

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/27/2013 7:22 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Valky said:
Among everything you have said, I have also been surprised what you said of the chip in my hand so I have to click on your fingers.Does that exist?Are you getting here in Spain?What advances!

If you are already putting on.At least to me in November I have an appointment to see if possible in me the chip.
That I know there is no cure, but in the US, insulin inhaler is already sold and several already have the chip

xio91's profile photo
xio91
10/27/2013 11:58 a.m.

The insulin inhaler? Has he out?

fer's profile photo
fer
10/27/2013 1:56 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.