Corrections

DiabetesForo's profile photo   11/06/2013 12:01 p.m.

Hello again, I continue with rookie consultations,
Due to the poor calculation of hydrates in the food, if when you measure the postpondrial you see high values, this is more than 200, how do you correct it?.How many glycemia points, more or less equivalent a fast insulin unit?
I mean normal circumstances in which one, for example, will not exercise.

Greetings and thanks.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/06/2013 12:01 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, it depends on each one, you have to calculate what an insulin unit lowers you and see how much insulin you are active, that is, to make an approximate calculation of the insulin that can stay in the last dose, taking into account that the ultra -shaft hard -inbetween 3 or 4 hours.You have no choice but to try, in addition it will also depend on what you have eaten.The best trial-error.

DiabetesForo
11/06/2013 12:43 p.m.

Thanks Prado.
As apparently there is no other, I will resort to the trial-error, as for everything else.

greetings

DiabetesForo
11/06/2013 12:51 p.m.

In my case, the equivalent amounts vary from each insulin unit between 30 and 50 of glucose drop in mg/dl.

If for example, I am 230 about 3 hours after eating, I calculate that I need 3 units.Of insulin, that leaves me between 80 and 140, according to how insulin affects me at that time.

Eye! This is my experience, not taking the rule for each one, it can be different!

fer's profile photo
fer
11/07/2013 2:55 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Thanks Fer.
In fact I proceeded to the trial with a similar interval, calculating that each unit would lower me between 40 and 50, and without problem, it worked very well.

See you in the next consultation.

DiabetesForo
11/08/2013 8:12 a.m.

For those who want more information, and more scientifically, I recommend you look at these two threads on how to correct:

Superbol to correct hyper - Link
As rectificated- Link

fer's profile photo
fer
11/08/2013 8:31 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.