{'en': 'Letter from a mother - "normal life", what makes a life "normal"?', 'es': 'Carta de una madre - “vida normal”, ¿qué hace que una vida sea “normal”?'} Image

Letter from a mother - "normal life", what makes a life "normal"?

Sherpa41's profile photo   11/14/2013 9:33 a.m.

Diabetes is not an easy disease, it is not enough not to eat sweets;It is much more than that, it is a disease that does not give truce or rest, which keeps you on guard 24 hours a day and 365 days a year, which changes your life completely, that forces you to give up many things,But, above all, it makes you feel different, especially when diabetes affects children.

Curious expression: "normal life", what makes a life "normal"?

The "normal" in my daughter's life with diabetes is to go to bed with a puncture, wake up with another, have to drink asleep or get to eat on many occasions when she is not hungry, just dream, stop playing or studying because she feels lowAnd wait to go back to continue your activity, be aware that your insulin bomb works perfectly and does not take air bubbles, knowledge of nutrition and diabetes more than many doctors and mature faster than I did.

As for events such as excursions or parties, you have to "load" with your mother to control what you eat, the activities you do and put the corresponding insulin and when "mothers are not admitted" deprived of attending, with theconsequent disgust and anger.

Well, this is our life, normal or not, a life with diabetes. - M. del Mar Boza de los Santos.

Link

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
11/14/2013 9:33 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

I have shared that on Facebook.
All the best

campanilla's profile photo
campanilla
11/14/2013 9:58 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Now I share it, I parce a very good summary.

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
11/14/2013 10:53 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

@campanilla, @intrusa, just out of curiosity, have you shared it using the option "Share" of the message?

On the content of the letter ... I am soooaaaan agree that I can only subscribe what has been said, and that being especially burdensome for children, it is not much easier for adults.
/:)

fer's profile photo
fer
11/14/2013 11:12 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@Fer I have shared it now I don't know who in the same Facebook ...
From here I can not because I am on the work PC and the Facebook we have it

Of course, at each stage of life, the inconveniences of this disease change, without being more or less serious ...

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
11/14/2013 11:19 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991

I have shared it from the same country page several options to share on Facebook and more social networks.
all the best

campanilla
11/14/2013 11:24 a.m.

The author of this letter was a user in the thread of parents of this forum for a long time, I have not read it here for a long time.At least the country has not put the typical review of every year on this day.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/14/2013 11:24 a.m.

I just shared it.And if it is so imagined that we did not have glucometer or just training when we were small because they had not yet invented, or they were worth a lot of money for our families (at the beginning), or there were no strips or anything for spare parts;In addition to the great ignorance of society that today is still great and therefore the lack of understanding.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
11/14/2013 11:31 a.m.

Campanilla said:
I have shared it from the same page in the country, several options to share on Facebook and more social networks come out.
GREETING

Only at the informative level, I suggest that you ever try the "Share" option of the forum messages, is an easy way to send a message/thread of the forum to the social network you want (I think they are all!).

I attached screenshot of what appears when clicking on "Share."

fer's profile photo
fer
11/14/2013 11:38 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

What a panorama @Ajd ... I don't want to imagine it ...

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
11/14/2013 11:52 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991

Well here I leave what my boyfriend just put on Facebook, even if they are the closest people if they remember us and in the end it is what is better !!!

campanilla
11/14/2013 1:46 p.m.

Oooooooh !!!!, what detail!You can already be happy, they have not yet given me good morning!;-)

fer's profile photo
fer
11/14/2013 1:52 p.m.

Yes, it is Marcita's letter, Noe's mother, whom I have the pleasure of knowing personally because Noe is treated in the same hospital as my daughter.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/14/2013 2:50 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

how beautiful!Mine not even like a 'that your super low of hemo' in short, Serafín ... [-(-(-(-(-(-(

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
11/14/2013 3:59 p.m.

DM1 desde 1991

Campanilla you like your Cristian from me.Oh and don't worry, I have sent our letter to a group of Facebook diabetes, they have been thirty and so many parents and they have only liked 6 or 8 ... I don't know, there will be no likes ... a kiss, pretty

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/14/2013 4:09 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

another for you!
It is angry that for some things, colored lackeWe are going to do it, right?

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
11/14/2013 4:17 p.m.

DM1 desde 1991

The same is the same intruder with the Lacitos to me this half day I gave me a bass but the truth is that my boyfriend was glad the day !!
All the best

campanilla
11/14/2013 5:31 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.