Bioreactor full of islets releases ... denied

Sherpa41's profile photo   11/15/2013 8:12 a.m.

I edit the news because unfortunately and according to a rather expert user from another forum it seems that it does not conform to reality.:(

It would simply remain that at the University of Dresde (Germany).A device containing beta cells has been used with a more efficient but very little practical oxygenation system, which slightly reduces the insulin needs of a type 1 patient.

As I say in the third post, both what is said on the next news page, as well as on the page of the University of Dresde, hide the problems of the system and exaggerate the benefits or imply things that are not.Because of course it is not the first time something like this is achieved.

Link
Link

For the First Time, Researcher at The University Carl Gustav Carus Dresden, have demonstrated an artificial Pancreas System.The Implant Restored The Physiological Function of Insulin Production In A Type 1 Patient Diabetes.
The Team of Professor Dr. Stefan R. Bornstein, Director of the Department of Medicine III in Dresden, Impted the Bio-Reactor In A Patient.The Results of the First Year Are Now Published in the Journal of Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS 2013; DOI: 10.1073/PNAS.1317561110) .......

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
11/15/2013 8:12 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

In 5 years ... Let's see if this time is true.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
11/15/2013 8:53 a.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Aaandres said:
In 5 years ... Let's see if this time is true.

In another forum one that has had access to the magazine Proceeds says that everything is a lie, that they have neither achieved the total restoration of insulin, nor does that device serve as soon as it is of any thing (you have to inject oxygen every day or not dry).

Sorry, again, before publishing something I wait for me to review it, that what the media publish and even the abstract of the university itself are nothing reliable.:(

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
11/15/2013 10:06 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Yesterday they discourage me a lot seeing that very very few people were not able to share a simple photo I see that nobody thinks of us and that few people will investigate for something that most people do not care ....
It is just my opinion seeing the little support there was yesterday ...
all the best

campanilla's profile photo
campanilla
11/15/2013 12:22 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello @sherpa41, if this is confirmed, and the news is false, you could edit the original message and add a text to the start type "News denied" or something similar? I say it because if someone reads this thread, until I get hereYou can understand otherwise, what do you think?

sherpa41 said:

In another forum one that has had access to the magazine Proceeds says that everything is a lie, that they have neither achieved the total restoration of insulin, nor does that device serve as soon as it is of any thing (you have to inject oxygen every day or not dry).

Sorry, again, before publishing something I wait for me to review it, that what the media publish and even the abstract of the university itself are nothing reliable.: (

fer's profile photo
fer
11/15/2013 12:51 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I have already edited it, I have been able to deny it by consulting several sources.

Campanilla said:
I yesterday discourage me a lot seeing that very few people were not able to share a simple photo I see that nobody thinks of us and that few people are going to investigate for something that most peopleThey don't care ....
It is just my opinion seeing the little support there was yesterday ...
GREETING

Well yes, and it seems that most scientists are currently just worrying about publishing things in scientific journals that then do not reach anywhere.100 years ago when a scientist discovered something did not stop until that discovery came to fruition and despite the lack of media they used to go much faster.

And I regret the mess, I suppose that yesterday on the World Diabetes Day I want to read some really hopeful news.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
11/15/2013 1:53 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.