{'en': 'Carbohydrates 38 g, of which sugars 5 What is it worth?', 'es': 'Hidratos de carbono 38 g, de los cuales azucares 5 ¿Cuál vale?'} Image

Carbohydrates 38 g, of which sugars 5 What is it worth?

valky's profile photo   11/17/2013 8:31 a.m.

It is the question of the million, that no endocrine or educator has managed to answer me, his answer is always, "you look only at carbohydrates."

The other day I bought an oriental sauteed with prawns that I looked very good, and it seemed to have little pasta and many vegetables, I say, to try.

When I look at the back table I see 15 HC at 100 of which sugars 2. and for a ration of 250g because 38 HC of which sugars 5.

What is the value it counts?

Especially to calculate insulin.

But there are so many products that put it, that I would like to know if someone can give me an understandable answer, and especially if I do not have to look at "of which sugars are ..." because this also happens a lot also in the"Without added sugars", cookies, jam, chocolate ... but also in many other "normal."

Thank you.

valky's profile photo
valky
11/17/2013 8:31 a.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

Totals are worth. Sugars will refer to added sugar.
But, in the end, you learn more with the glucometer and point the insulin units you get for each meal.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/17/2013 10:14 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

When counting the rations, what is worth is the total carbohydrates.The sugar that is included in the total carbohydrates tells you how fast it will rise to you.

That is, a glass of milk has 10 gr of hydrates, of which 10 gr are sugars ... It means that it will rise quickly.A can of Coca Cola ... 35 grams of hydrates of which 35 grams are sugars, as there are 3 and a half rations of pure sugar, that's why Coca Cola is good to trace hypoglycemia ... You take half a can, ifDon't go back a little more.

The bread for example ... 20 grams, they have 10 grams of hydrates of which sugars or grams ... It would be a slow absorption food ... That is why it is not effective to upload a hypo ... because it will slowly upload you.

Conclusion to calculate rations looks at the total of hydrates, the sugars indicates how fast it will rise to you.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
11/17/2013 10:57 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

In broad strokes, although fat and fiber should also be taken into account ... that make absorption slowly,

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
11/17/2013 11:03 a.m.

Go, then thank you very much, that has become clearer, so in the east case of the sauteed, if there are only 5 sugar, it would be slow absorption.In the juices, I had noticed that they were the same HC as of sugars, but in other foods that there was so much difference between HC and sugars I did not understand.
Really, thanks.

valky's profile photo
valky
11/17/2013 1:49 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

That really has nothing to do.If something has 100 HC per 100 grams, of which 50 sugars.It is ultra fast absorption, and instead there is a large difference between them.

Hydrates = what matters to you
sugars = the rise peak you are going to have

farstar's profile photo
farstar
11/18/2013 1:19 a.m.

Well, the relationship of the amount of sugars with the IG does not fit me much.(Glycemic index)
100g of mold bread has 49g HC of which there are 2.7 g sugar, according to what you say would rise little sugar and it is not, it gives me some peaks of 200 at half an hour of having usually ingested and delivered from a glucoseof 85. The key is that the IG of the PAN is 85, so it goes up as foam quickly.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/25/2016 5:14 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Sugars are an industrialized form of HC the well -known white granulated powder that is thrown to all to give flavor;She is a HC form.(You have to enter the blood fast, at medium and slow speed).The sugar enters fast, that's why your mouth and headache dry after that coffee (* You can ask you to do it without sugar with sweetener and for the whipped cream or chantilly cream? It will upload much less than the traditional one,Remember that Starbucks's job is to give a personalized coffee).To make it easier: HC always looks from 20 down, and so you know how many gr or ml take.

Ruthbia: This of the glycemic index are only medical terms to confuse the people a bit, what is valid are the HCs that have food.Case do not have them on label, they can be searched by Google, in English is this page of the Atkins diet that tells you how much HC carries a food (apology that I have not looked for in Spanish, 70% of the pages contain incomplete information orerroneous)

jazmin253's profile photo
jazmin253
05/26/2016 8:16 p.m.

@ruthbia In case it serves you, I attach a link that helps you:
Link speaking

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
05/26/2016 8:38 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

@Jazmín23, you have to know the HC of food as long as it clearly commits for HC rations and the sugars of those HC.And the glycemia index is also important to know how glycemia will rise.That of confusing the people ... I don't know where you have taken it from.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
05/26/2016 9:01 p.m.

I agree that the fundamental thing is the amount of HC of each food along with its fat to be able to assess the absorption, but to avoid the peaks it is necessary to know the IG that tells you the speed (metabolization) to which it will enter into the bloodthose HC.

For example, the watermelon has few sugars 10g every 200g of watermelon, but the IG is 70;If you take 1 ration that will be approximately a slit of watermelon, you can see in a meter that enters into blood very fast those hydrates and makes a more or less high beak based on the insulin that you have put yourself.

I have a table that comes down from a website made by Serafín Murillo, an advisor in nutrition and sport of the Diabetes Foundation and is quite good, contains almost all foods.And it gave me another an endocrine that includes food preparations with marks included in the supermarket.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/27/2016 9:41 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthia, please, can you put the web link ????I have several tables, but I would like to have it to compare.Thank you.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
05/27/2016 9:43 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

@Rociollinares
I attach.I have it in PDF.I also carry it on the mobile in case of tapas or restaurants I have doubts, or in the office (I eat home)
The food is grouped by types and then in alphabetical order.The high Ig have the red cell in the last column, and indicates the HC by food and normal in a restaurant ration, more or less.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/27/2016 9:48 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
because I don't add up to the relationship of the amount of sugars with the IG.(Glycemic index)
100g of mold bread has 49g HC of which there are 2.7 g sugar, according to what you say would rise little sugar and it is not, it gives me some peaks of 200 at half an hour of having usually ingested and delivered from a glucoseof 85. The key is that the IG of the PAN is 85, so it goes up as foam quickly.
The other day the endocrine told me a factor to take into account and that is very personal: the sensitivity of each one to insulin.There are people who respond quickly and much, and others do not ..... each will see what they should take in each case ...

mogi's profile photo
mogi
05/27/2016 10:42 a.m.

Thanks @ruthbia

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
05/27/2016 11:02 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Four squid to the Roman = 1 ration ... it's crazy: (
Thanks for the table.

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
12/07/2017 9:28 p.m.

The table what is in red better not eat it, I am new and I get mess with HC

tonita's profile photo
tonita
06/03/2021 8:11 p.m.

What is in red in the table is that it has a high glycymic index.In simple terms it is that their hydrates enter very quickly.That doesn't mean you can't take it.Just that you are very aware that they enter very fast.Nothing else.Accounts like other carbohydrates.But that you are aware that they enter very fast.That's it.
Let's see if I explain it.
It is not the same to take 200/300 gr of vegetables (a ration) Q 200 gr of melon.The fruit enters more quickly.But both are a ration of carbohydrates.But if you take vegetables, their carbohydrates will affect you very slowly to glycemia.For example, if I'm going to take a walk after eating, vegetables don't tell them.Because they enter very slowly and the walk will help me digest them.And I will not upload glycemia for vegetables.Of course, if I have taken bread, fruits etc. If I will have them.

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
06/03/2021 8:38 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.