Recognize hypoglycemia

vivalavida's profile photo   11/21/2013 4:26 a.m.

Hello,

I have another open thread in presentations.I am Vivalavida the mother of a 13 -year -old girl who has debuted in September.

I had a question for you:

Is it normal for my daughter not to identify hypoglycemia?He doesn't feel bad, he feels nothing, I don't even see it with a bad color.
This scares me, really.Now it is easy, because glucose tests are done before and after eating;before, during and after sport;and at 3.00 in the morning.But of course, I suppose that over time, these tests will be spied ... although for me, I feel safer like that.When I hear you talk about hypoglycemia, I make a knot in my stomach of thinking that I daughter has to feel the rest of her life.

Well, you tell me, please,

A kiss to all.

vivalavida's profile photo
vivalavida
11/21/2013 4:26 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You must try, especially at the beginning, to be attentive to any change in your body even if it is minimal.Even aim at a sheet the symptoms that it detects, and what were the values ​​when I felt that.

As an anecdote telling you that when I debuted (1 year ago) at first I also had hypoglycemia but I was not aware, little by little I realized the symptoms and usually I usually detect hypoglycemia, except for some exception.I remember that 1 month after debuting, I went to walk a little after breakfast.When I had been filming weak for 40 minutes ... I had a hard time walking ... I measured and I had 39. I didn't know that I had to eat during exercise, and that I should have punctured less at breakfast since I was going to exercise later.It was the rookie of the beginning.From that I have not had such a strong drop.

My experience tells me that a resting descent, watching TV for example, is easier to detect.In my case I feel like tremors in my hands, and a lot of weakness, my heart is going faster.It is not nice, I am not going to lie to you, but as soon as you take a juice and go back well in a few minutes that feeling happens to you.When I do sports although I also detect it, I usually realize when I am lower ... (50 - 60).

It is normal that you are worried, but you will see how over time it knows how to recognize the symptoms perfectly.

I spend a PDF that talks about diabetes and sport.They had a great time when I was also lost with this issue and the truth is that it served me a lot.

----------------------

On the other hand, to tell you, as information, that a person who is usually at very high levels ... can have hypoglycemia symptoms being 100. When I debuted, while I was at the hospital I woke up a fatal night, so I didn't know what II passed, I had dropped to 90 ... You will say that 90 is very good, but considering that the previous days had been 500 - 600 ... that descent feels like hypoglycemia.

Similarly, who is usually on average at very very low levels, the drops can be noted while only 20 or 30.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
11/21/2013 5:57 a.m.

Hello again, Vivalavida.

It is desirable that you begin to recognize the symptoms itself.Maybe I have never been low enough to notice anything.
My son notices anything until he is in 50 and peak.He describes it as "laziness in the legs."But nothing more.He does not feel especially bad with hypoglycemia.A zumito and running (literal although it shouldn't).He has reached several times at 34 and the same: laundering on his legs but nothing more (in these cases he stands a few minutes. Something more note him, even if it is only the scare).

But at night we have already caught him a few times short (after two years we continue to measure him at night, even a couple of times) and he has not awakened for himself.That is scared.We do not see how to stop measuring him at night.At these ages, glycemia are not stable.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
11/21/2013 6:03 a.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Here I leave a diabetes foundation link on glucostate.

Link

I know many newly debuted children that hypoglycemia are not noticed, and over time they have learned to recognize symptoms ...
Regarding the controls, we continue to do to Angela, which is already 15 years old and that has been evolving for 10 years, an average of 8 controls per day, including nightlife ... for us "to measure yourself" is synonymous with better control.It is the only way to avoid prolonged hyperglycemia and prevent hypoglycemia.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/21/2013 6:18 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hi Velia.
Angela wakes up with a hypo?
If so, has it always been like that?

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
11/21/2013 6:45 a.m.

Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

The truth is that fortunately a long time ago he does not have nocturnal hypos ... when he was smaller, he did not wake up, rather the opposite.A few days ago I was sleeping nap and woke up, sat, measured and was in hypoglycemia ... I don't know if it was a coincidence or woke up the hypo.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/21/2013 6:52 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

@aaandres, could you put the age and treatment of your child in the firm? It seems that no but it helps me when I am answering the posts ... Thank you !!!:)

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/21/2013 6:54 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Thank you very much, for your information.

Another thing, what do you think of glucosport for hypoglycemia?I observe that it does not rise as quickly as a juice.

The same happens to you?

Thank you

vivalavida's profile photo
vivalavida
11/21/2013 7:04 a.m.

Velia said:
@aaandres, could you put the age and treatment of your child in the firm?, it seems not but it helps me when I am answering the posts ... Thank you !!!:)

HeeechoAISSS!:)

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
11/21/2013 7:14 a.m.

My daughter when she has hiccups feels "tired", since childhood.Has come to have a hypode 20 !!And there he already felt dizzy.
Now, who lives alone, wakes up when he has some hypo at night, takes a juice and continues to sleep.
Hypos recognize themselves better are not very frequent.If you have hypos very frequently, there is danger that the organism gets used to and does not recognize them.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/21/2013 10:48 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Since little girl I woke up with the hypos.I don't have very moved dreams when I have hypoglycemia and wake up.Thanks to that my mother stopped looking at me every night about 6 or 7 years.
During pregnancy I stop feeling them and, Ufff, I don't worry the feeling of not mastering the situation.I believe that if they are asymptomatic, a continuous meter is essential ... or a dog that detects them.The endocrine that takes me has a patient with a but trained for that, and should wake up and everything ...

tica's profile photo
tica
11/21/2013 3:57 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

From the 3 day that I started with this I noticed them at the hospital, I went down once and they were hallucinated that they detected it so soon, now it happens to me that with 90/100 I feel like it was going down and it is because almost alwaysHe was high and now I notice much.
All the best

campanilla's profile photo
campanilla
11/21/2013 8:20 p.m.

I am reading things that surprise me ... a Hypo (down below 0.60) is not solved with a zumito, as you say.I've been diabetes for 31 years behind my back and I have never heard that.

Let's see, it is logical ... if the sugar goes down for whatever (too much insulin, or exercise or effort, or nerves), you must drink fast sugar (white sugar, coca-cola, a sugary juice or any very sugary drink) To raise the level quickly.But if you do not take carbohydrates (slow sugars that act in the body for many hours) just after, you can fall again in HyPO after a while ... and you will also notice even less, since you just went through aI have left you "touched."

Then, after juice or whatever, a snack ... bread is the best.Bollos, cookies and others can serve, but they are not so healthy or effective.

More things ... I have been giving me hypos, sometimes more sometimes less, it depends on many things and although you learn to regulate and control yourself, some always escape you.Of course, you usually recognize them quite fast ... but with everything and with that you can escape some at the end of the year.

As they say here ... Analysis is the only way to electroso and regulate well.As a minímo I make 3 a day, before each injection and food.But as soon as I am wrong or I am not sure ... analysis.

As for hypos, they are not always the same, nor do they feel the same symptoms.Over time you learn to recognize them almost all.The problem is that they appear without warning and many times it takes to perceive it as something produced by diabetes.
Little by little he will learn ... some years are needed and also depends on the level of responsibility he has and how mentalized he is something that always has to be attentive.You can never neglect ... and that is complicated in childhood and adolescence.

willo's profile photo
willo
11/28/2013 5:50 p.m.

I do not agree with that we always have to drink slow hydrates after a hiccup.If the hypo has been because our hand has gone with the fast insulin and the hypo is at the end of its effect, with a juice it is more than enough.If the hypo is for intense exercise, then the same does have to be taken somewhat slower.
If for a hypo of 50 and something I take a juice and some cookies, I arrived touching 200 at the next meal

tica's profile photo
tica
11/29/2013 6:02 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

I think the same as Tica.Not all hypos are for the same reasons, depending on why you have been interested in taking one thing or another.At first I followed the juice council and slow hydrates for any hypo and sometimes uploaded by the clouds ... Over time you have learned what you need at all times.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
11/29/2013 8:06 a.m.

Yesterday at 23; 30 I know, I went down to 53 and I drank a juice and ate a chocolate donuts (I know not right but I could not resistitme) and me.And raised today at 8; 00 and.I had 60 and I drunk a juice and two cookies and then I had 200
All the best

campanilla's profile photo
campanilla
11/29/2013 10:12 a.m.

It all depends on the insulin you use and the hour.A 50 nocturnal hypo, with Lantus on the morning, is corrected perfectly with a juice, to keep 100 glucose.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/29/2013 11:26 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.