Doubts about alcohol

susi's profile photo   11/28/2013 6:58 p.m.

Good evening, the Saturday I go to the parties of my town and well the truth is being drinking and baliando and so on.To do the vermouth I had thought about my Coca Cola Zero to have normal levels at lunchtime, and after eating people start drinking cuabatas, I do not usually drink but that day if I feel like it, I can drink some glass laterto eat?What levels can I have at dinner time?After dinner could I drink again?
Thank you!

susi's profile photo
susi
11/28/2013 6:58 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @susi,

The main recommendation is not to drink, basically because blood glucose alters and if you have hypoglycemia, the liver does not generate glucagon to contrast it with the same effectiveness as if you have not drunk, even so, there are times when you want to take something, it isHe has tried in several threads of the forum, I put them here so you can check them and comment what you need.

drugs, sex and alcohol, and the most important diabetes!
I know that alcohol at least better, but since I do not usually drink very often ... Data in case you did not know or had doubts (it is what my educator recommended).... well I take the post to consult about marijuana and diabetes, ...
Link
Night outputs - Diabetes Questions
I have a question about when he goes out at night and the schedules ... Let's see how ... but with Cocacola Light: S I don't dare with alcohol yet ..pq I'm going very ...
Http://www.diabetesforo.com/discusion/6526/salidas-nocturnas/p1

Drink the weekend and parties - questions about diabetes
In that link they tell you about the precautions when drinking alcohol.... the second is to be moderate in alcohol consumption.Your doctor ... stability about 80-90.
Http://www.diabetesforo.com/discusion/7043/beber-el-fin-de...y.../p1

alcoholic beverages.- Questions about diabetes
Hello!!I need that if you can resolve me a doubt, with your own experiences or some link to another information page.How does alcohol affect ...
Http://www.diabetesforo.com/discusion/6812/bebidas-alcoholics-/p1

fer's profile photo
fer
11/29/2013 12:25 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

If you only drink a drink, it is difficult for something to happen to you but monitor glycemia because alcohol lowers glycemia and if you have toned a lot or know but for one day nothing happened to you.

otti's profile photo
otti
02/01/2014 6:14 a.m.

Yeah!For a drink nothing!(That if to make the mixture of the cubatas you never use light soft drinks !!) K as the alcohol lowers the sugar.Surely you will see an initial increase in your glucose (do not correct yourself without taking into account k with alcohol you will suffer a posterior descent).You could have a scare.

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
02/01/2014 8:34 a.m.

Xas .... I had this in kings ... The night of 5, walk through the trail ... Cene ... I drunk a vodka with Seven Up, I never mixed with ligth drink, always normal ... of course beingAt night, I got home, I had 230 and not corregui ....
Well, at two hours hypoglycemia .... punctured with glucagon and spend the day of kings he shits, the ground body ... vomiting ... Fatal!
for the next day of day ... that can control the subsequent hours :)

vandorta's profile photo
vandorta
02/01/2014 8:58 a.m.

Llevo 24 años de matrimonio con Mi diabetes :-)

💜Dexcom g6 Diciembre 2020
💓Tandem Xslim Enero 2021

~ Hemoglobinas ~
Febrero - 10,8%
Julio - 6,5%
Septiembre - 6,3%

I have proven that a cubata affects me a lot.At first I have hyper, I get home well (between 90 and 120), like 2 portions but I usually wake up at two hours with 50, I eat again, and after a while it goes back down again.And the rest of the day I tend to be low, I have to lower dose of fast at meals too.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
02/02/2014 6:11 a.m.

The first time I drink with Cocacola Zero and the Lie but well haha ​​ended with vein glucose and with a anger of my important father ... that if I learned that it has to be sugary drink. :)

otti's profile photo
otti
02/02/2014 5:21 p.m.

I recover this thread to ask a question that I have and that I think it is not to open a thread.

I plan to march next week for Galicia and it will be the first time I do it as a diabetic.

The previous time I tried several times the Alvariño and the truth is that I loved it.Can anyone tell me whether or not this wine is recommended or not drinking it or taking something into consideration?

I would not like to return to my house without trying it, hehehe (if no one responds, I will look in the serious and unavoidable obligation to act as a sacrificed guinea pig (everything is for the forum) :))

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/25/2015 8:48 p.m.

@joseludi that I know the Albariño is like any other wine.I can generally take 1 (or 2 glasses if they are not very large) and I do not notice that it affects me especially glycemia.If you drink more of that amount I would recommend that you do not do it with an empty stomach and that you are pending possible dirts later.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
07/26/2015 2:03 a.m.

To me the wine does not affect me just to glucose, especially if it is a summer red with landAlcohol, but somewhat excessive, to plant in 300 in no time ... it happens to someone?Anyway, it is clear that alcohol is not highly recommended in diabetic people but when you drink your thing is to control glucose levels and take into account how alcohol affects it.
All the best!

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
07/28/2015 12:55 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.