Pre-diabetes or tasteless diabetes :(

Johnmc's profile photo   12/22/2013 4:23 a.m.

Hello good.My name is John and I am 21 years old.

I have a problem that has me very bad.Earlier this year I was detected pre-diabetes and hypothyroidism in routine exams.What a blow :(
Well, time passed and in April this year I had, what I believe was, a picture of hyperglycemia, the first one I have had: thirst constant, need to urinate very often, dry eyes and nostrils, etc... However, this time at the same time, everything happened and returned to normal without remedies or doctor.

A few days later I had medical control and fasting sugar came out in 99, within the "normal" the doctor told me and only advised me to eat well and stay active.It should be said that in those days I had an exam that had me very stressed at the university, which I attributed my "climb" of sugar.

Several months have passed and everything went very good about my sugar .. Until now.
A week ago I started again with this annoying desire to drink liquid and half an hour later urinating everything ... the second time it happens to me.

Prior to this, I have been with a lothit and died ... to write it I get a terrible anxiety :(

What can I say .. I am very scared, and fear causes me more anxiety, and the more fear anxiety and I can't do well :(.
3 days ago I did an emptyst glucose exam and it came out 88 .... with what I don't understand anything.If these are symptoms of hyperglycemia, how can 88 come out in the exam?

I can't stand not knowing what I have, I start reading things on the Internet and I can't get anything more to scare, I need help :(
I read something about tasteless diabetes ... and it is terrible, it scares me as much or more than type 2 diabetes.

And to fill things the doctor who serves me changed my attention time from this Monday, January 23 to 2 for the holidays.

Please help me, any knowledge or experience that you can share is very grateful.

P.S.In case you ask, I am thin contexture, weight 58-60 kilos measuring 1.70mt.That if pest of sedentary lifestyle, I literally do nothing apart from what one normally moves to go to classes and return.

Johnmc's profile photo
Johnmc
12/22/2013 4:23 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello,
Have you made a cave of glucose ( Link
That is how your body behaves before sugar.An fasting measure, and more good as those you say they conclude anything.
Greetings and encouragement

19lajara's profile photo
19lajara
12/22/2013 5:30 a.m.

debut:1993. HbA1c: 6.1% (12/02/24). Desde Marzo 2024 intentando entender a mi nueva pareja, una Ypsopump con CamdiabFx.
..., Deporte, deporte, alguna carrera corta, media distancia, Marathon Valencia 2017, Marathon Frankfurt 2016, 1/2 Maratón Zaragoza 2016; Maratón Zaragóza 2015; ...

Syically, I know about this disease, just read in this forum and little else.
You could also buy a meter kit, they usually come with 10 reactive strips, the meter, punchar and launches, for about 10 measurements, and every time you noticed that table to measure it at the time.
You can buy these kits more or less for about € 25 online, and in Pharmacy I do not know, but maybe 30 or 40 (I don't know it).
I feel about your dog.
Do not overwhelm, and beware of what you read online, that sometimes the excess of information on our own, leads to what is happening to you, that we overwhelm in excess.

Greetings and Merry Christmas.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/22/2013 6:40 a.m.

Hello, I am new in this too, but like you I am prediabetics.I had an episode of diabetes for extres, which is what is happening to you now.Do not scare yourself, although it is very hard to assume.Do not tell him so much, for example, I always have it between 70-80 on an empty stomach.The bad is after eating.That I do not secrete enough insulin and that is why diabetes.What you have to do is ask your doctor to make you a curve that is where it is detected.And carry a meal control, and try to relax.I took off and after a few months I went out again for the ambassy.This is to say that at any time the diabetes can enter and not leave anymore.I hope it helps you.I encourage and happy parties but without sugar hehehehe

inmacampos's profile photo
inmacampos
12/22/2013 7:08 a.m.

Thanks for your answers.
Yes, in February of this year they made a glucose curve and went well, at the same time they reviewed the "antibodies" (which I think clarify if one has type 1 or 2 diabetes) and it was negative to the antibodies.
The presumption that I have pre-diabetes became two occasions when fasting glucose came out over 100 (118 and 108).Based on that and that I suffer hypothyroidism, they recommended taking care of the diet and exercising, but not medication.

After that I have had these two episodes of hyperglusmia, which I say that is for the symptoms ... but according to the exams, it is nothing.

And there is the problem that the other day, when I did the last exam, I had that thirst feeling very marked in the morning, so I thought my sugar would be very high ... however it turned out to be 88.

And that is what paradoxically worries me, if it is not sugar then what is it?:(

What I have left to think is:

-Ansidad (which really has me terrible ...)
-As immacampos, high sugar after eating.
-The stranger "Diabetes insipida", which is the one that scares me the most ...

Or I'm simply hypochondriac and a screw was dodged haha ​​:(
It's terrible ...

Anyway, when I know what I have to tell you to help in case someone else also goes through this.

Greetings and happy holidays.

Johnmc's profile photo
Johnmc
12/22/2013 8:55 a.m.

Just telling you that tasteless diabetes has nothing to do with pancreas or glucose.It is a hormonal alteration with polyuria, but without hyperglycemia.
They are different diseases.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/03/2014 2:01 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.