Doubts about areas where to put canula

hades40's profile photo   01/01/2014 7:32 p.m.

Hello good night, a couple of months ago I have put the bomb, it is an acoucck Spirit Combo, in short for a few days I do not lower the sugar levels, they are maintained, the insulin effects but not everything that I should ...
Can it be PQ in the area where I put the cannula for more work that absorbs insulin in conditions?I have looked if there are bubbles, I have removed my cannula and changed to another etc etc, the last place where I put on the cannula I leave a small cyst like a very hard chickpea, I imagine that it would be because I would take a venita or something and not notice(It only happened to me in the last one) That's why I wonder to what extent where I wear the cannula influences absorption ...
Are there other areas where is it better to put it?Please if you could help me, today I have changed this 3 times and because I don't lower my levels.thank you

hades40's profile photo
hades40
01/01/2014 7:32 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Of course, how much do you change your cannula?broken?It is very important that you rotate a lot.To me where it works best for me is just where my back ends, on the back, in the buttock ... also in the belly.Arms and legs I have never put it.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/02/2014 4:24 a.m.

Hi Prado, happy year etc.Put, every 6 days I change the catheter, cartridge and canula again ...

hades40's profile photo
hades40
01/05/2014 4:21 a.m.

I broken a lot ... I put it in my arms ... many ... and belly ... are there any more place you recommend to try?

vandorta's profile photo
vandorta
02/01/2014 8:44 a.m.

Llevo 24 años de matrimonio con Mi diabetes :-)

💜Dexcom g6 Diciembre 2020
💓Tandem Xslim Enero 2021

~ Hemoglobinas ~
Febrero - 10,8%
Julio - 6,5%
Septiembre - 6,3%

As advice they told me to rotate from side and separate about 3 fingers one puncture from another.

otti's profile photo
otti
02/02/2014 6:04 p.m.

I have the doubt if I am doing well.He used Micro Infusora since July 2017 and until a month and a half ago I have had a couple of incidents due to poor absorption of the cannula area, I think it is normal in a year and a half.What I think is not normal for a month and a half to have four incidents with the corresponding rush.As they already taught me, change catheter every three days, I remove the insulin from the refrigerator a few hours in advance, wash my hands and disinfect the area.I put the cannula in four points and go rotating, lumbar, left and right, left buttock and right.If it is true that I have several brands because the occasional catheter when withdrawal appears a lump and a bit of eruption, but in my opinion unimportant.I do not know if these small areas with bultitos if they accumulate increasingly that they coincide and that the absorption is affected, I have spoken with accu chek and they have not known me about true if this can be.
Has anyone encountered this problem?Do you rota with more than four points?
On one occasion I saw an image on the forum that marked four subzones in the areas that I have already commented but I have not had noses to ensure that I place it in the right place, being the back is more complicated.
How do you do it?

Jaume's profile photo
Jaume
01/28/2019 9:38 p.m.

Diagnosticado, enero 2000
Libre, abril del 2020
Bomba Accu-Chek Insight, julio 2017
con Aps desde octubre del 2019
HbA1c: 7 %

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.