Hello, I introduce myself

Zoiloyyo's profile photo   01/02/2014 11:40 a.m.

Hello, I am the mother of a child who last Monday turned 6.In October, he debuted with DM I. My father is also diabetic since the age of 20, now he has 73 and many complications ...
Although let's say that he did not get totally surprised, having a history of my family already has already many generations, it is always a shock and something you do not want.Suddenly you realize that it is not the same to be a diabetic daughter as the mother of a child as little and it is as if you suddenly knew anything about the disease and everything seems new.
When he entered he had almost 400 glucose and glycosiladAnd Humalog but is costing to regulate the hyper once he is in "honeymoon."
He has faced it "well", a month ago that is punctured alone, although of course, you have to be pending to mark the doses well and already reject food that knows that they cannot eat if they are offered.As a child who is not still and already made judo and swimming so that is now religion for him !!
And well, little more for now .... Unfortunately as I said, it is not a new disease for me although now I have to put the batteries in another way.We have no more children, but I have a great husband so the 3 together we will be able to with this.I only hope that it benefits that all advances in research and treatment of the damn diabetes and of which my father will no longer be able to usph.But yes, I hope it is as disciplined and conscious as your grandfather is.
Thank you for letting me be part of this community and greeting everyone.

Zoiloyyo's profile photo
Zoiloyyo
01/02/2014 11:40 a.m.

Mamá de diabético. 15-10-2013. Lucas 6 años.
Hija de diabético. 73 años y diabético desde los 20!!

Hello, I feel that you are part of this club.Welcome!
Just tell you that treatment with respect to your father has improved and it is possible to delay complications a lot or even that they do not appear.

Time to adapt to diabetes!

tica's profile photo
tica
01/02/2014 3:04 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Hello.Telling you that my niece is diabetic since the five years (currently has 25) and took it well from the first moment (once surpassed the little trauma of having to puncture every day).For the rest everything even came home and told me what things I could not eat and today it is my best help in my own diabetes.By the way it has zero complications something very distant from the many that my mother (and grandmother of the girl) had as well.Things have evolved a lot.We encourage the little one and a lot of temperance for you to help you as much as it takes.A kiss.

nina45's profile photo
nina45
01/02/2014 4:22 p.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

Hi, I'm new and I present myself.My name is Kris and I have been diabetics for 17 years.To tell you ... my life has been horrible I didn't take care of anything, even there were times that I tire of me and stopped putting the insulin.Every 6 months was admitted.3 years ago they operated on a cataract in my left eye.Until 7 years ago I met my partner and every change.I took care of a Monton, towards my diet .. let's go around.Last year we decided that we wanted to be parents although the truth was very afraid because they always told me that diabetes and pregnancy was not very good.In January I had my consultation with my endocrine and tell him, she told me to be in a month that I was going to prepare and what is my surprise that a few days later I found out that I was pregnant.The truth is that the first three months were a bit madness because my girl threw a lot from my so we lose 7 kilos but the descent were horrific.After those three months everything was perfect even under hemoglobin to 6.5 when I had 8.5.Insulin were uploading every day and they told me that when I gave birth, insulin would lower me more than half.Well, in August I had my girl (it was a cause and Caesarea because I had the super high tension).And what is my surprise that after having my girl the sugar shot me.Now I am always high, hemoglobin has risen to 8.5.I tell my endocrine that I wanted the insulin bomb but the truth does not know what requirements you should have to put it on.Well, I'm over ... I'm glad to have found this community and be able to talk to people with my same illness.Greetings for everyone

kristy's profile photo
kristy
01/03/2014 4:06 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Kristy Welcome.I can tell you that my niece has it and is very happy especially for the libertat that gives.I think you should talk about it with your endocrine to see what they tell you and for more additional information go to the forum to the pump and new devices section and there they will tell you more details.A kiss and see you soon.

nina45's profile photo
nina45
01/04/2014 5:13 a.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

Thanks for the reception and congratulations to Kris for your baby (you will see how you get stabilize everything soon).
Yesterday we had consultation and we left very happy, my child was with the glycosilada in 7.1.Counting that he debuted on October 15 and that he was then in 8.9, I think it's not bad.Let's see if we lower it even more!
Greetings to everyone

Zoiloyyo's profile photo
Zoiloyyo
01/08/2014 7:21 a.m.

Mamá de diabético. 15-10-2013. Lucas 6 años.
Hija de diabético. 73 años y diabético desde los 20!!

Welcome to the @zoiloyyo and @kristy forum, I hope we can help you! Here I copy a couple of topics that I think you will find interesting for your cases.

Parents - Living with diabetes.Parents, couples, friends ...
Well, if the thing goes from parents (mother in this case) here I am too, although I only have 15 months of experience, I know more about this than many ...
Link
Living with diabetes.Parents, couples, friends.• Forum diabetes
Type III diabetes is the term we use for ...
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
01/09/2014 7:03 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hello, I introduce myself, I am Patricia, I am Chilean and I am a breast of Rafael, a diabetic for 3 years, I am also a nutrition and dietetica student, for those who are new, I wish you luck, remember that exercise-order-discipline- healthy foodThey are the foundations for a good development of life with diabetes, everything can be!Always something positive .. so ... Fighting !!!

paty's profile photo
paty
01/10/2014 11:56 a.m.

Welcome the disease is an opportunity to value what we still have, take care and blessings of God for all of you

danzonero's profile photo
danzonero
01/12/2014 5:42 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.