Insulin antibodies

Ana89's profile photo   01/12/2014 4:32 p.m.

Hello,
I am somewhat worried because a few years ago I had some rare episodes with my glucose, to see if I explain ... a few days I had hyperglycemia (400 or 500) and no matter how much I punctured me, I drink, walk, .. I did not go down until it passed4 or 5 hours, other days I had hypoglycemia that did not get up with a juice and cookies (which is what I usually take).

Specifically 4 years ago, I had an episode where I measured the glucose and I had 60, as I was well, I measured it again and marked 300, I waited 10 min and when I did it again I had 100. At that time I alreadyI started finding fatal, luckily I was close to the health center and approached there.When I arrived, the glucose was measured and I had 290, as I insisted that I was wrong they did it again, I had not passed 2 min and marked me 50. We tried with all the glucometers they had in the health center and withEveryone was the same.Neither doctors nor I knew what to do, since they didn't know whether to treat me for hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia.He finally regulated himself and only spent about 3 months later.

When I told the endocrine, he told me that it could be that my body was producing antibodies against insulin, which was a rare phenomenon but that could happen.As he explained to me, it is as if the antibodies blocked insulin, they did not let it act for a period of time, so no matter how click I do not go down.
This year it seems that it is happening to me again, which told me that we can do is that if they begin to give these cases very often I can start dealing with cortisone to avoid it, which does not make me special enthusiasm.
Did you hear before the antibodies?I am very lost on this topic, I tried to search the Internet but I did not find anything clear.

Ana89's profile photo
Ana89
01/12/2014 4:32 p.m.

Ana, 24 años
Diabética desde los 12 años.
Bomba de insulina desde 2011. Medtronic
Hemo; 8,8

You could do a HB1AC glucosylated hemoglobin test that will indicate in a range of two months like your glucose regulation and there is also a test that is surely very expensive, which determines if you really have antibodies against insulin (Western Blot, orIf not at a genetic level a PCR and perhaps a Pruba del Elisa I will investigate it and happen to you), my brother is a doctor of science and is doing its specialty in metabolical syndrome and diabetes.
Greetings and take care of yourself.

danzonero's profile photo
danzonero
01/12/2014 5:28 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I didn't know those evidence.I will ask my endocrine about them.
Thank you very much for the information!

all the best!

Ana89's profile photo
Ana89
01/17/2014 6:46 a.m.

Ana, 24 años
Diabética desde los 12 años.
Bomba de insulina desde 2011. Medtronic
Hemo; 8,8

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.