Good, I introduce myself!

FedeGG's profile photo   01/19/2014 9:03 p.m.

Hello my name is Federico, I am 21 years old and I am from Argentina.I have type 1 diabetes since the age of 8.My debut with this disease was half hard, bah like everyone's.I started with the symptoms of urinating, be very thirsty, lose weight.That's how I spent a week I think and the next one I was with stomach discomfort, dizziness, headaches and naúseas.They took me to a doctor who prescribed things for the pains and the naúseas nothing more.The following days I kept having a very bad time, in bed.There was a point from which I do not remember what happened, and it is not for the passing of the years huh.I never had memories of what happened in those days: s.From what my parents told me is that I continued as I was and at one point they found me fainted in the bathroom.They take me like this to the clinic, they make analysis and they interify me.I was in a coma and I didn't know how long I was without waking up.It was several days.I entered with an 800 glycemia and something.
When I woke up, I didn't understand where I was, it seemed like a dream and very ugly.I was trying to wake up, but then I understood that this was really happening and it was where it was.The first thing I see is a nurse by clicking on one foot, and then I see that I was full of cables and roads throughout my body.Then my dad enters that explained to me where I was, why and what had happened.He told me to calm down and that everything was going to be fine.He told me that I had this disease, to which I ask "if I was going to cure me soon and when I could leave" ... I will have been 2 weeks in intensive therapy when I woke up and then they passed me to a room.
My family passed it, I think that this situation worse than me, it was all very new for them and for me.We did not know anything about this disease and it was very difficult to adapt to all this.What I had always was your unconditional support.It hurts a lot to see how they suffer from something that happens to me, my soul breaks.I would like you not to suffer for any of this, and it makes me feel a bit guilty because I don't want that for them.I never wanted anyone to feel bad about what I had.Based on the latter, I tried to carry my illness as well as possible to make all this slight and of course so that I can have a good quality of life.I tried to adapt the disease to myself to be "normal" and as one more thing in life.I always followed the indications of my endocrinologist.
I admit that although I wanted to treat it as something else my illness put me from all possible states: sad, angry, furious, anxious, happy (for having good values).
I don't know if saying that I get used to diabetes, it's weird because it's already an important part of my life ...
I consider myself a simple person, I always like to take things calm and calm.Thus I treatment of my illness .. not despair, doing things well, taking it easy and clarity.I clarify that I had my moments of being on the floor thanks to my illness, of moving to happy to a total sadness, of having a lot of anxiety, of being recant angry with life for having to go through this ... destabilizes me that sometimesMy environment did not take it in the same way as me, and I don't know how to do so that they do not affect them so much or that they take it better as I take it.

I could take it well during the following years, with its ups and downs, but finally well.But as apparently in my life it was not enough to have only that, in 2012 they diagnose me a testicular cancer.It was during the months of February and March that year.I was with millions of analysis, studies of all kinds, going from doctor in doctor, traveling hours that exhausted me.The worst thing was that in the middle I was doing the entrance course for my faculty.I had to take the exams while my head was anywhere.On the same day of my last exam, I barely came out I went to seeMy doctor who told me that I had to operate to see if the whole tumor had to be taken out.They operate on March 8, 2 days before my birthday.Well, the tumor had to take it out so they operate and they leave me a day.The next day I was already in my house.I celebrated everything very nice my birthday, a half sore for the operation yet but well!The tumor that they take me sends him to analyze, and again travel from one side to another carrying studies and visiting doctors.In the end the tumor was malignant and as a prevention measure it had to do chemotherapy and radiotherapy later.They tell me that at the 2nd week of having started in my faculty having approved the entrance course and it was like a bucket of cold water because I felt very comfortable studying there and with my classmates.It made me very sad and bad that.I could have continued going but I decided that I did not want to take this way because I was going to feel weak, bad, without wanting anything and I was also going to be with the very low defenses;And if I was weak, bad, without wanting anything during chemotherapy.The first session was the toughest, they put the road on my arm.I was with vomiting that night and I became very bad to have to be there and not in my house.I spent 2 days hospitalized and came home.
Then before the second chimio session they operate to put on a catheter in the upper left of my chest to supply me all things out there and do not break my arms so much.I had to take corticosteroids after each session and made me up the blood glucose, it was incredible as I went up!They also had a most horrible taste they can imagine.It was very hard to have to control what happened to me and add to control my usual glycemia, I had to be very careful with everything: s.I felt very strange after the first session, like it was not me.For October the chemo had already finished and had to do 14 days in a row of radiotherapy.That was from Monday to Friday at 7 in the morning -.-.The atmosphere of the place was of pure death, not very friendly.
And well that was that year.They already did a study in which it comes out that the cancer was focused only on that area that happened to me and did not spread to other parts of my body.That was very good news !!
All this generated a great lack of control in my treatment of my diabetes that still try to stabilize.
I know the forum is only diabetes but it seemed good to tell you this because it affected me in the controls.There were enough things to tell them but it is already like only one presentation and apologize if they are very tedious to have to read so much.

I needed to be able to express myself somewhere where they can understand me.I would like to talk to people who have diabetes to be able to share everyday things and to feel that I am not just as I plan to be since I do not know people close to me who has this to talk about the subject.I need a little push at this time in my life to be able to move on.I hope all this does not sound silly .. :(

Great greeting to all and good life !!!Thanks for the space

FedeGG's profile photo
FedeGG
01/19/2014 9:03 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome Fedegg!
And congratulations for having overcome that happy disease that affects more people every day.Especially because in addition to suffering all those things for cancer you had to carry them with your diabetes, which does nothing but complicate things.A great example for all.

That is why the forum is, to share experiences and vent.Because what many are looking for is to be able to explain what we feel to people who really understand and understand us.

Greetings and forward!

lalala8's profile photo
lalala8
01/20/2014 5:13 a.m.

Dando guerra desde 1993 - DM1 desde 1998 - Bombera desde noviembre 2013.

Welcome Federico

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/20/2014 6 a.m.

Woooow!, Impressive presentation message, welcome to the forum @Fedegg !!Here we are all to help us in what we can.;-)

fer's profile photo
fer
01/20/2014 8:48 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Federico, sometimes we don't know how strong we are until we have to face it, but you have already overcome that disease and now you have to look forward.Focus on your studies and forget the past, that you have a lifetime ahead.
What are you studying?
If you have problems with the control of Dinos diabetes what treatment you carry, to see if we can help.
Welcome to the forum!

'

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/20/2014 12:07 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Good fede, how are you?My name is Augusto, and I am also from Argentina, Buenos Aires.I am also 21 years old, and 3 with diabetes.I think that by overcoming everything you said, it occurs to me that it may be happening to be wrong.It is true that sometimes one feels alone since it seems that there are no young people with diabetes and with whom he talks to everyday things.I send you greeting and anything send me a message to talk about what you want.

augusto's profile photo
augusto
01/20/2014 7:58 p.m.

Congratulations the first, for your courage and willpower.
You are a good example for everyone, especially for young people who look in your same situation.
Go ahead that you will get many goals.
A hug.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/21/2014 2:48 a.m.

Hello, thank you all for your answers!They were very encouraging and I am more than grateful to you.
Regina I am studying superior programming technical.He carried an insulin Levemir and I make corrections after each meal according to the carbohydrate counting.I am currently with 28 units in the morning and 24 in the afternoon.I am not taking it wrong to the treatment, only that I am missing energies to make you want .. I'm tired.I guess I have to motivate myself with something and move on.
I will try to be active in the forum and to go through the other issues.
Again, thank you all!A big hug for you

FedeGG's profile photo
FedeGG
01/21/2014 12:54 p.m.

Fede, then go to study that you will have a job that you will like.
Levemir, gets twice and tires a bit, but is when it leaves an insulin that lasts more than 24 hours and you will save a puncture.And I trust that new treatments will make life easier and improve control more and more.

It clashes a little that you get the fast after eating and not before, as is usually done, but if you have good controls two hours later, it will be fine.
Dare, the bad streak has already passed.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/21/2014 4:28 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.