Hypoglycemia and gym

BanHop's profile photo   01/21/2014 7:06 a.m.

Good, it turns out that I want to lose a few kilos (about 5) and I have signed up for a gym for it.
I measure my glucose before performing the exercise and I have it well, around 150. Before exercising I took an isostar type drink, which had 3.5 units of carbohydrates and about 150 kcal.Then when I got to my house I had a good, a sandwich, however, despite everything I got up very just brushing hypoglycemia, and on other occasions with something similar as well.In the gym I do not do an excessive exercise, some swimming or some one -hour activity at most.
If I have to take something of 150 kcal and then dinner strong I do not see how to lose some weight in the gym, because in the end I go to gain more.Is there any solution or food that has many carbohydrates but few calories?Thank you.

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
01/21/2014 7:06 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

What treatment do you have?The solution is to lower the basal insulin on the days you go to the gym but you will have to try.To lose weight you have to eat less than you spend and for that you have to adjust insulin.There is no other way.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/21/2014 7:57 a.m.

Well, I sulked me 18 of insulin lantus (at night) and quickly 3 units in the morning, at noon about 2-4 depends what eats and when going to the gym at night nothing.
According to what you tell me if under the basal for example at 14, I will be high all day and I would have to click quickly at breakfast and food right?

Eating not at most, breakfast a bowl of cereals, in mid -morning two light cookies, at noon according to what they put in the dining room, but usually some meat and salads, without bread or anything, to snack lately nothing and for dinnerFor fear of hypoglycemia, because a snack, or a sandwich or something, because if I get to take a salad yesterday, I would have hit a safe chungazo.

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
01/21/2014 8:06 a.m.

Hello!You should schedule insulin next to your doctor, but you could try to lower Lantus dose the post exercise night, since the exercise modifies the basal index until several hours after doing it.You could also unfold the dose of glargine in 2, one at night and one at noon, and that would give you greater freedom and could control two different basal during the day when you exercise.These tests should talk to your doctor!

lviolante's profile photo
lviolante
01/21/2014 8:30 a.m.

I understand the lantus, I think it will be what I will try and upload the fast at meals.The thing to divide it into two does not understand it, since it supposedly lasts about 24 hours, if the divide in two overlap and it would be as if a basal will prick me, right?

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
01/21/2014 10:41 a.m.

Do not go down to 14 suddenly, go down one in one and go testing.Another thing you can try, if you do not want to lower the dose, is the change in the Lantus schedule, although it is flat in the theory, it has some peak and can also influence the nocturnal hypos.

DiabetesForo
01/21/2014 11:23 a.m.

Hi Banhop, I upload a PDF with a scheme to divide the basal insulin and reduce the amount only the days you practice exercise, I hope it is understood!The same, always consult with the doctor !!!

lviolante's profile photo
lviolante
01/21/2014 7:46 p.m.

Thanks for the graph.In the end I have gone down to 14 and the truth is that I do not give me down and I have better controlled diabetes, the problem, because I have been in the gym for a month and what I have lost is a month, since before exercising II have to drink an isostar type drink, and what I burn is that drink.There is not something that can eat or drink that has many hydrates to avoid declines but that has few calories?

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
02/10/2014 6:07 a.m.

Many hydrates and few calories is incompatible.Each gram of hydrates has 4 calories.You will have to adjust insulin.

DiabetesForo
02/10/2014 7:28 a.m.

I supposed it to me, well, little by little

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
02/12/2014 4:45 a.m.

I think you must eat carbohydrates such as pasta, rice etc.And then look at and eat if he asks for blood glucose.Calories equal to not declines

DiabetesForo
02/12/2014 7:14 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.