Hello!

tonks's profile photo   01/30/2014 6:10 p.m.

Good night to all,

I had already found you before but today I read a thread about diabetes and bulimia and I had to register.I do not suffer Bulimia but almost, and it seemed to me that it was time to be part of this place and help in what I can.
I am 24 years old and I am a diabetic since the age of 19, I entered with 600 and some sugar.

Last year I had a serious problem, a meal sat me fatally and did nothing but return everything ... and since I had not well recorded in this head the information about diabetes, while stopping to prick the fast insulin (becauseI was not able to ingest anything) I don't know why but I stopped clicking on myself.The situation was the most dramatic, I had to ask for a taxi to go to the hospital (having him close) because he did not stand and told me that I could not have told him.

So far that has been the only incident, after that I was assigned an educator in the same hospital and so far I continue to retain what you have to retain hahaha

When I read about people who feel misunderstood or who have no one to talk about, I can affirm that I have been lucky and nobody in my environment has treated me as a weirdo, except for the doctors and educators themselves when I have declared my incontinence of eatingSweet and have looked at me with a "oh, poor" or, as in the case of an educator, when after telling him he looked at me with a terribly false smile and told me without further viewed that I was forgetting all that because I couldn'tEance it in my life.You can imagine the trauma I took, I did not want to see it again and did not want to know more about the disease or anything, until talking to a doctor told me that it was not so, that controlling the count well and the insulin doses couldEat what I wanted, yes, in moderation.I still have that educator ... How bad the very witch!

Since I have read a couple of threads tonight, I feel calmer when I see the serenity and control that many of you have about everything related to diabetes, you have given me strength to put me serious with my pending diet and with my control.Thank you so much :)

And a lot of courage and strength for everyone :)

tonks's profile photo
tonks
01/30/2014 6:10 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If you like the sweet (like almost everyone) and they prohibit it totally, it is logical that you feel more and that that believes you problems, so it is much better to calculate the dose of insulin and think that you can eat a dessertWhen you feel like it.
You will normalize psychically and stop obsessing.So do trials to see how much insulin you need and eat what you want.
When you calm down, you will fancy sweet only occasionally and you will eat it without problems.
And if you want to have breakfast with a piece of bicocho, for example, calculate the fast and eat it.You measure yourself before and after, and point.
The more we normalize life, the quieter we will be, and that is very good for us.

:)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/30/2014 8:38 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

We wish you a lot of encouragement and surely you will stabilize your glycemia.
Time and will, but everything is achieved.
Eat a little of everything, the important thing is sometimes not the quantity, it is not losing the
flavors and that can be achieved with small portions of that prohibited food.I, for example, what I do is that, take a small portion and keep it in the mouth more time, chew it slowly, prolong that pleasant sensation.
A hug.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/31/2014 3:01 a.m.

Wellvendia to the @Tonks forum...Are there phrases that mark huh?.The important thing is to learn, I defend that there is nothing forbidden if things are done in conditions.From here a lot of encouragement, here you have us for what you need.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/31/2014 5:22 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Thank you very much for your advice and encouragement.I agree on everything, after that educator they explained to me that I could eat virtually anything (except honey or something very "special" and that luckily I don't like it very much), and it relieves very much, really.

What I do, for example, when I have been looking forward to a light cheese cake, with these beaten cheeses that sell 0% fat, or 0 eat little, I take vain sugar or vanilla essence andIt is luxurious.If I can I save the cookie base and so I have to click haha

What makes me very funny are the sweeteners, in a caramel I hardly notice them, but how I throw coffee or take a vitalinea ... what a horror!I can't with that sweet taste that I have left in my mouth, it is a thousand that I do not take vitalinea for that, I took them to disgust, I prefer to prick a little more and eat a 0% yogurt with pieces of fruit and camoufla the taste.I know that it is not right, but in the case of the cheese cake I prefer to eat a smaller piece but throwing sugar (not much, of course) and not saccharin.

Thanks once again and I hope to be helpful here.

A strong hug.

tonks's profile photo
tonks
01/31/2014 5:53 a.m.

I don't support the sweeteners either, so I always use sugar.I am not a candy but if I feel like sweet it like and ready.I usually do them at home and always with sugar.
That we are not allergic to sugar !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:))
Another thing is type 2 diabetics .....

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/31/2014 7:26 a.m.

Welcome to the @TONKS forum! You see that in this case the type 1 diabetics we have much better, encourage! Ask what you need, to see if we can help you.;-)

fer's profile photo
fer
01/31/2014 8:22 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Thanks for your messages, I no longer feel so alone in my mania with the saccharina and other hahaha
I hope to be useful here too :)
A hug.

tonks's profile photo
tonks
02/01/2014 8:07 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.