{'en': "I don't get things right ...", 'es': 'No llego a hacer las cosas bien....'} Image

I don't get things right ...

brotgesicht2003's profile photo   01/31/2014 6:25 a.m.

Hello,

I am from Barcelona, ​​I am 36 years old and I have diabetes since the age of 9 ... you should think that I carry it perfectly, but nothing further ...

I use the novorapid and the lantus alone.I even be ashamed to recognize it, but I don't get it well.

I do not control the sugar well, not as at the time, nor the amounts that I owe, etc ... and that is why I get a lot of control.

I guess my best season has been my pregnancy (I have a 13 -year -old daughter) and a few years later I took it seriously and the thing was going well for a few years.

As the consequences are not seen at the moment, I suppose that is why I always think "I will" ... but I also know that it is not like that.

I would like to meet more people who may have the same problem to be able to look for a solution together and also others who have already achieved it and know how to advise me.

I already thought about asking the doctor to put on the bomb, but I really know little about the bombs.

Since the best thing would be one that measures sugar and then put insulin directly if necessary ... but I don't know if there is already any or not.

In theory I do not care to click as many times as necessary, it is simply the regularity that I lack, fulfill a schedule and a routine.

Thank you very much in advance, that you have a good weekend, Miriam.

brotgesicht2003's profile photo
brotgesicht2003
01/31/2014 6:25 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The first welcome !!!!
The second, the bomb is not going to solve anything if you do not put the batteries, that is, if you are not willing to measure the glucose at least 6 times a day, tell rations ...... to take care of you a little..... At the moment the artificial pancreas, which is what you propose, is not available.
Cheer up!!!Power can be, I tell you from experience, you just have to love ...;)

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/31/2014 7:16 a.m.

Hello I am 21 years old and diabetes since the 5 right now I have a bomb and I did not control very well I must say that I am doing something better than without it I have better emotoglobins but it is also true that you have to measure yourself more times although it gives you moreFreedom and rations you have to tell them but you can coto more or less for example when you are bad or you have a celebration you tell the meter if you eat more or less to tell you the right insulin to put on.A kiss and I hope better :)

otti's profile photo
otti
01/31/2014 7:54 a.m.

Hello, thank you very much for the answers.To be able to measure 6 times a day, I would have to have more strips ... but with the social security cuts, they give me just to look at me twice ... I know that the bomb does not solve anything, if I do notI give my part, but I thought it may be better, since it warns a bit the ups and downs of sugar, etc. and so I do not "leave it aside" for being working, doing things.etcI would love to be able to do a course again, etcTable the new doctor.Thank you very much for everything, Miriam

brotgesicht2003's profile photo
brotgesicht2003
01/31/2014 10:38 a.m.

Hi @brotgesicht2003,
Tell you that the bomb does not measure the glycemia, it provides the insulin that you tell him, but the controls have to do them the same.
Before thinking about bomb, try to do things as you have to do, that you know the theory, now you have to put it into practice.
Come to the hospital on a day that can explain everything you need in terms of food tables.
What warns you of ups and downs, is a continuous meter, which you can afford, since they are not subsidized in hospitals, or at least, not in most.The problem is that it is Bastatne Caro.
But I repeat you, which begins to put your theory into practice, and if you do not get good control, then you will think about other options, do not start the house for the roof ...
What hospital do they take you?

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
01/31/2014 10:44 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

In all diseases it is often said that the best doctor is the patient.That is, nothing better than willpower and have clear things in the sense that the person himself is the best can ensure his own health.
If this is common to all diseases, much more in diabetes.Here the effort of the affected is irreplaceable for medications, pumps and other gadgets.It is yourself, with your effort, your determination, your sacrifice, who will get it.
And think you are very young, your daughter who needs you ... Do not relax, fight for you and those around you.You have a lot of life ahead and you must live it with quality.
It is also a matter of habits.Like quitting smoking.Once you get used to a fixed meal schedule, not to pass, to measure yourself regularly, exercise, etc. and you see that your levels stabilize and that you get it, then you will encourage yourself more and it will be easier.
Do not leave it for tomorrow, fight from right now.
A hug.

DiabetesForo
01/31/2014 11 a.m.

Miriam, if you are Type 1, they cannot only give you two strips a day, ask for a report to your endocrine and claim !!!!!!!!!!!!!

DiabetesForo
01/31/2014 11:54 a.m.

Hello!I don't know what treatment you have, but if you use a flat insulin, like Lantus, the only schedule you have to meet is that of that insulin, once a day.The meal schedules are free, putting the quick when you eat.
With two strips a day you cannot carry good control.You will have to talk to the endocrine to prescribe at least 6 strips a day and measure yourself before and after meals, when bedtime and when you get up, to be able to adjust the slow and fast doses.
Tell us what insulins you use and what schedule you have.Let's see if we can help.Greetings!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/31/2014 12:02 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

He claims more strips because they have udm to give more and if he does not call the factory of the strips and tell them the problem to me for a problem in social security are sent to me by the factory. On the other hand before putting the bomb you have to have itControlled time does the glycemia either measure you but when putting the fair insulin helps you control it you can also ask for the Acu Chek Expert meter that tells you that insulin to put yourself according to your parameters.

otti's profile photo
otti
01/31/2014 2:19 p.m.

I give you some tips that I am applying because the same thing happened to me and it is doing pretty good.
The first as they all say here!And start aware.
Be strict at least at the beginning so as not to fall easy into lack of control.
Take a notebook with the time you measure glucose and glucose, with what you eat yews that you do even if it is to walk.
Write a new purpose every day.
Feel that you can with everything!Flood your head of positive thoughts!
Much encouragement and for that reason!

Llanos's profile photo
Llanos
03/14/2014 2:07 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.