Purge the needles

valky's profile photo   02/06/2014 3:40 p.m.

It will seem a silly question but where do you purge the needles?And how many units do you use to purge?It is a bullshit but when purging the needle sometimes air comes out and a droplet of insulin and other times Jolines comes out like a little splash, and at least I wait for it, zas jumps to the pants, or the droplet falls in the parquet, and others on the finger, and of course it smells.Sometimes my partner is watching TV and I clicking on me, and he tells me without looking at the insulin, at least it does not seem an unpleasant smell but of course I stay in my clothes or a carpet, I am afraid that I canSmell more time.The insulin that falls to parquet, does not stain right?Or would you always have to do it in the bathroom?And, it has not ever happened to you that you are going to purge the needle and then click on to dinThey told me it was normal), I turn up to 6 or 7 of dinner, and when you purge ... rrrassss all the jet flying through the room hehehe.Also what I do if there is a droplet of air, I put the vertical ball and press the plug without putting any unit, and I see that the droplet disappears without spent any unit, but that is not to trust right?:)

valky's profile photo
valky
02/06/2014 3:40 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

When the Purges looks at the needle's eyelet and points to the tap or something like that and it is true that it smells like my from Pepueña tell me my parents you have already punctured you because it smells haha ​​and stain I do not think.

otti's profile photo
otti
02/06/2014 4:20 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

They say that you have to always purge before clicking, but I think that with doing it once a day, it is worth it, because if you put the insulin in the restaurant and you have to purge before ... well either .. either .. either ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/06/2014 5:25 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Valky, insulin does not stain.The smell will come from the solvent, but it evaporates quickly.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/06/2014 5:29 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Well, I never purged it.I don't know if I do badly, but for now I have not had any infection or other infection.I think that the amount of air that contains a disposable needle is minimal and the subcutaneous tissue absorbs it without problems.
As for the smell, insulin has it very characteristic, but it is not unpleasant.And true that the best is always to puncture in the bathroom;I think that no matter how much confidence there is with the couple or the rest of the family people, they need to see us manipulate feathers, lancet, needles, etc.And in addition, more hygienic, than those droplets of insulin are in the sink to be able to clean later, or even the typical drop of blood if we have punctured to measure.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/07/2014 2:48 a.m.

Miguel The problem of not purging is not because of infection, the problem is because you injected less insulin than you want or the one you think you are injecting or it can happen that the needle is obstructed, it is always advisable to purge.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/07/2014 4:10 a.m.

Yesterday for breakfast I put 2 units, and approximately 2 hours I was fatal ... I looked and had the sugar through the clouds.I went for the ball to correct, I put 2 units to purge and nothing came out, I put another 2 again and when I was loading it again ... a Geiser came out of there!It is the first time that it happened to me, I suppose that at breakfast even if I click me, nothing insulin came out.I think it is important to purge.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
02/07/2014 5:06 a.m.

Indeed, it is necessary to always try that insulin comes out, two in two units, to prevent what Mimbek says.It is quite common, especially if you do not change your needle to each puncture.

Purge to remove the air droplet ... well, if someone gets it to warn.For this case, the needle should always be put up, with which aiming at the sink becomes an act of prestidigitation.

To prove that insulin comes out, if there is no sink nearby, because against the opposite hand, a clinex, a napkin, the ground ... Anyway, I see no problem.Stain stain: the droplets remain as in relief in crystals, soils or countertops, although they are cleaned well with a damp cloth.In clothes, no idea.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
02/07/2014 5:44 a.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

I only purged the 1 time when I start using it ..
I think that what happens with the novorapid flex pen, the PEN already preloaded is that the device that marks the units is fallen ... at once, for example, 6 to 2 units putting only 2 units instead of which you have marked,But you realize the noise, tell the units placed by noise (the doubt is difficult) and if it is clogged by something the needle for example is broken from the side inside it does not let you stop the button by more strength thanDo because if insulin can't come out, what goes down, that black rubber can't go down for more than you squeeze ..

This is happening to me that I comment that the device that marks the units is fallen, so I am investigating on the Novonordik page the Pen that come to load oneself with the cartridge like the lantus that the PEN of Lily has, it is fromMetal I never failed the units device ...

Mimbek said:
Yesterday for breakfast I put 2 units, and approximately 2 hours I was fatal ... I looked and had the sugar through the clouds.I went for the ball to correct, I put 2 units to purge and nothing came out, I put another 2 again and when I was loading it again ... a Geiser came out of there!It is the first time that it happened to me, I suppose that at breakfast even if I click me, nothing insulin came out.I think it is important to purge.

geminis247's profile photo
geminis247
02/11/2014 12:37 p.m.

Yes, there is always k purge ... if you insulin from the pen with a syringe for example, then you have more units of the k you took with it ... I say it from experience ... once sake with syringe and I do notReedda, I went to use the pen normally and nothing came out !! It was because of that ... by the K units I had taken before ..

piranita's profile photo
piranita
02/14/2014 7:59 a.m.

Valky I always carry the insulin in a hard case and I always put on the lid x inside gauze or a paper to purge it there are and when I take a few days I change Asino smells and you can purge it in all places.All the best

campanilla's profile photo
campanilla
02/17/2014 9:11 p.m.

Campanilla, it is a good idea to put a gauze inside the lid, to purge it inside.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/20/2014 8:38 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.