Prediabetes

carlitos_litos's profile photo   02/09/2014 4:36 p.m.

Hello:

I have been poor health for some more than 7 months ago, I started a gluten -free diet and I have improved a lot, so despite not having a diagnosis of Celiaquia, just because of the results of the diet, I am completely sure thatI am celiac.

The fact is that there is more, and since I did not just find myself well, I went to do some blood and urine analysis, super complete, I suspected some kind of anemia, more than anything because of fatigue and paleness, but for meSurprise, in that aspect everything is fine.

I have also been good for all related to liver and kidneys, which was what worried me most, also the thyroid is fine, all this rules out that fatigue comes due to thyroid problems, anemias or liver disorders.

And now the surprise comes, I have left the cholesterol super high (306), and the blood glucose comes out to 122, which is prediabetes.Glycosylated HB comes to 5.9%, which is also a pre-diabetes indicator.

The fact is that I have no overweight, weight 67 kilos and measure 1.74cm, I bone a weight more than perfect and I don't wear a messy diet, although I have ever allowed some whims such as chocolate poles, icy cake and some thingsMore sweet foods.

On the other hand, for a long time, as 8-9 months I gave me to measure glycemia at home, with one of these apparatus, specifically the One Touch, and on an emptynoMeasure it, and well, now, I don't know why glycemia is so shot, if it is true that in the root of improving my digestive problems when making gluten -free diet, I started eating more.

I don't know if such high cholesterol has some relationship with hyperglycemia, and how to guide the theme of this pre-diabetic glycemia.

For now what I have done is ask me online, a 50 -strips boat to measure glycemia with the One Touch, and I have also bought the Accutrend Plus to measure cholesterol at home.

As for the diet, I will be very restrictive with the sweet things, that includes the fruit, because lately I gave me a lot of fruit, apples, pears, bananas and tangerines, and after a few days I began to feel worse, for what I have left it, the same thing happened to me a long time when it gave me to make natural juices of fruits, homemade with the glass blender, after one week I began to put it worse.

Any advice on how to guide pre-diabetes?
Is advisable to go to the doctor?
Are anyone in this situation today, what are you doing about it?

As soon as you have the glycemia strips, in addition to measuring ease glycemia, I also want to control postprandial blood glucose, record everything daily on a spreadsheet and see how it evolves with the diet.

I just read that vitamin D can be important to improve blood glucose in cases of prediabetes, I don't know what is true in this.

Greetings

carlitos_litos's profile photo
carlitos_litos
02/09/2014 4:36 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Of course you must go to the doctor, it is the one who owes you the first to diagnose and then put the proper treatment.What is evident is that cholesterol you have to lower it, but I repeat that it is the doctor who should indicate the diet or medication if necessary.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/09/2014 5:26 p.m.

Obviously, to get calm and without so many doubts about your health, it is that your doctor controls your evolution.
A level of 122 is something high, but even in a healthy person it could occur if they have ingested foods rich in hydrates or sugars the previous night.
Therefore, apart from that advice to go to the doctor, get daily controls on an empty stomach and an hour and a half after eating.If values ​​higher than one hundred and greater than 140 or 150 after the food continue to be repeated, some precaution, such as diet or oral medication, should be taken.
The fruit can raise the level of glucose a lot, especially some types such as banana, melon, figs.Apples and pears are more tolerable.
If you do not exercise, you must try to walk at least an hour a day, that will be good for all levels in general.
All the best.

DiabetesForo
02/10/2014 3:43 a.m.

Thanks for the tips.
Yesterday I received the glucometer strips, and glycia has lowered me a lot, on an empty stomach 71 and a few hours after eating is 85.

I think that the glycemia I have already resolved, the truth is that I had long been abusing sweet foods (chocolate poles, frozen cake and sugary yogurts with chocolate pieces).The fruits also made me worse.

Today I have received the Accutrend Plus, to measure the cholesterol at home, and it has given me 214, much less than the 306 that came out in the analytics that I made on January 17.It comes out a little high, above 200, but has improved a lot.

It gives me the feeling, for what I have read, that the abuse of sweet foods, in addition to raising blood glucose, also rises cholesterol.I do not think you need to go to the doctor because everything is standardizing, what you do not know is whether to add any statin to lower cholesterol or let the diet continue doing its effect.

Greetings

carlitos_litos
02/11/2014 10:22 p.m.

For simple curiosity, are you a doctor?Because self -diagnosis and self -medication is a bit weird, right?

DiabetesForo
02/12/2014 4:45 a.m.

Prado said:
By simple curiosity, are you a doctor?Because self -diagnosis and self -medication is a bit weird, right?

I am not a doctor, but for everything I have read and proven, I could.

The problem, is that certain conditions, such as celiacism, which I suffered without knowing it for many years, are very unknown among doctors, and many of us throw years without diagnosis, going from doctor in doctor, with erroneous diagnoses.

My experiences with doctors, have been generally nefarious, so in the end you have no choice but to seek information on your own.

In the case of hyperglycemia, the issue seems quite simple, but other problems are much more complex, and people go from doctor in a doctor without solving anything, leaving money in private doctors, to end up almost completely distrusting the medical estate.

Self -medicating is not recommended, but there are ailments that are so basic, that anyone can "diagnose" and try without fear of making mistakes.For example, a high cholesterol, it is a drawer that if you go to the doctor will put a low fat and sugar diet, and you will recommend that you do aerobic exercise, for a period of 1 to 3 months, then if you do not refer,They will prescribe a statin, and if after a while it resists, they could add some fibrate.It is the A-E-I-O-U of the treatment of high cholesterol.

I have read so much in recent years, that of certain ailments, I think I know everything.

The analysis I made was recommended by two people in a celiacch forum, apart from the basics (lipid profile, transaminases, blood glucose, thyroid, a.uric, creatitine, and some more things), also included discarding all kinds of types ofHepatitis, B12 deficits, a.folic, iron, anemias, and other autoimmune problems.For me it was important to make an analytical as complete as possible to rule out liver and kidney problems, in addition to hypothyroidism and celiacch, for the symptoms it had.

At the end of all that huge analysis, the only thing that went wrong is blood glucose to 122 and cholesterol to 306, and I am already in it, with the glucometer and the action plus, I control my glycemia and cholesterol at home daily,And for now blood glucose is already perfect and cholesterol has lowered a lot.

Salu2

carlitos_litos
02/12/2014 6:04 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.